The smartest protagonist of any book, movie, anime, cartoon and song is Light Yagami from death note, change my mind

Foxxy

i would say that izuku midoriya from my hero academia was smarter than light, but doesn't have the confidence to use his intelligence well

Asami_Shirogane

Pretty sure both Lelouch and Ayanokoji could give Light a run for his money. But when it comes to villains, I would argue that Heath Ledger's Joker is the GOAT.

BigHoodieBoy

Unpopular Opinion: Kang Han Soo is the smartest.

Achievements and Qualities
1. Understands what actions have what consequences.
2. Knows a lot of human biology, as well as other sciences.
3. Spread flush toilets in a fantasy world.
4. Created 2 widespread religions
5. Helped Shakespeare create a highly advanced society(albeit indirectly)
6. Usurped and Expanded an empire in the name of Mollan
7. Recognizes inner beauty
8. Doesn't judge on looks
9. Believes in gender equality
10. Knew of Master Mollans greatness before it was explained to him
11. Rose to the President of Fantasy
12. Made his Skeleton into one of the best metals of the galaxy
13. Created his own wings
14. Understands the greatest of giant robots
15. Became a God in a situation where it wasn't supposed to be possible
16. Convinced the Sword God to work for him
17. Can manipulate black matter with pure technique
18. Remains humble
19. Understands how Weight class is important
20. Created Captain Fantasy

That is why the GGG-Class Righteous Hero is the Smartest character to exist, Mollan

Redemit

I wouldn't exactly say Luffy but alright

He knows he isn't all that bright so he lets others make the plans and do the things he can't and finds the best of the best and the most loyal of the loyal for those things I'd call that pretty dang smart

Last edited:

Ymadthepirate

Professional Bitch Faggot in da house
He knows he isn't all that bright so he lets others make the plans and do the things he can't and finds the best of the best and the most loyal of the loyal for those things I'd call that pretty dang smart
I guess that makes sense actually

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Dude, even the freaking sponge living in a pineapple and rocking the same outfit is smarter than Lights-out Yagami...

Most edgy, maybe, but he'd have to fight "Imma gonna say "do something very stupid" with my currently malfunctioning mindcontrolling superpower and see if it still doesn't work" Le Douche The Britannian.

Most smart most likely goes to Log Horizons "Glasses Faction" as a whole, as they got their logistics planned out and aren't freaked out by mishapps or accidents.

Ymadthepirate

Professional Bitch Faggot in da house
Dude, even the freaking sponge living in a pineapple and rocking the same outfit is smarter than Lights-out Yagami...

Most edgy, maybe, but he'd have to fight "Imma gonna say "do something very stupid" with my currently malfunctioning mindcontrolling superpower and see if it still doesn't work" Le Douche The Britannian.

Most smart most likely goes to Log Horizons "Glasses Faction" as a whole, as they got their logistics planned out and aren't freaked out by mishapps or accidents.
Interesting

Viktor_sov

Deadpool, joker, Dr strange, riddler, people who are able to fool beings of godly powers and we have a edgy teen who can't outsmart normal people and police

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I think any protagonist with the "Super Intelligence" superpower kinda wins by default against Light, even if their feats don't really show them as being very smart... Just because like, the lore behind them kinda forces them to be smarter than normal humans.

In that case, Superman would be smarter than Light. Not because Superman has ever shown himself as smarter than Light, but because he has Super Intelligence.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Seto Kaiba is smarter AND sexier!

Foxxy

another thing by smarter than light are you talking about IQ only, IQ and EQ, EQ, or knowing when to give up like luffy and letting someone smarter plan?

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
My Top Picks, that Light Yagami would hardly outsmart.
1. Sherlock Holmes (It's obvious, right? Tell me if you don't think SH deserves the top.
2. Ayanokouji kiyotaka (He's the wolf among the sheep, he is a manipulative badass that hides among the smartest people in the world)
3. Lelouch Lamperouge (Mostly at warfare and related stuff, even without the sci-fi fancy weaponry, he's good)
4. L (cuz he already beats Light once)
5. Detective Conan (He's at the bottom cuz he tends to relies on fancy advanced gadgets)

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
The smartest protagonist of any book, movie, anime, cartoon and song is Light Yagami from death note, change my mind
The Lazy King. Because the smartest protagonist doesn't need to go out of their way to accomplish X or Y. He just lets everyone else do it for him as he sleeps all day. And no, not fake lazy where they pretend to be lazy but do all the work, true laziness means laziness.

K_Jira

Tokuchi Toua from One Outs. He can definitely play Light around mentally and psychologically. When he's done, he'll crush his mind and break him apart to oblivion.