The stories you never wrote. Post those misbegotten and unborn phantasms here.

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
Purpose
The stories you never finished, the stories you only had ideas for, but never intended to write, and all the other stories that will never materialize, why not post their blurbs in this graveyard? The only proof that they ever existed may be the tombstones left here and the faint and fond memories of these unwritten stories, which linger in the minds of their authors.

Maybe the dead stories and ideas posted here ... can become the living dead for someone else! Rise like a phoenix and live once again for someone else! Story synopses of lost tales are welcome forevermore.

Last edited:

Yorda

Story Idea #1
Warlords fight over a prized magical resource worth more than anything. Perhaps the resource can extend lifespan, a panacea, grant unimaginable powers, is critical in advanced technology, can even create new life or construct/manifest new lands. Something that makes gold and diamonds dirt, and drives everyone mad. The ultimate blessing and ultimate curse.

My intention was probably along the lines of a magic fantasy based cyberpunk world crawling with demon lord warlords using military force to control access to the resource extraction points.

Story Idea #2
The world only exists as an infinite set of stacked planes. Either go up or down levels. There is an central chasm in the center and when viewed there appears to be no end either up or down. All religions and cultures are based off of ascension or descension into the infinite unknown. Space and resources are limited on each level so expansion goes either up or down. Strange physics concerning atmospheric pressure, thermodynamics, radiation, mass densities, geological activity, and gravity makes this possible. Yes, the law of conservation of energy would be broken and matter would be generated and destroyed in mysterious ways on different levels.

Last edited:

Loggar

#Nobody pay attention to the cleaning guy.

Life was not kint to Eres, frammed of a murder, he goes into prison. There. Things change in a strange way, a sudden encounter with an strange mentor, that by all means is a prisionaer, but surely isn't treated like one...
Many things happen, and suddenly he find himself released. The only things he knows about his release; The dissapearence of his mentor: and a note with his personal belongings, written with the same calligraphy as his mentor:

#Nobody pay attention to the cleaning guy.

TotallyHuman

Purpose
The stories you never finished, the stories you only had ideas for, but never intended to write, and all the other stories that will never materialize, why not post their blurbs in this graveyard? The only proof that they ever existed may be the tombstones left here and the faint and fond memories of these unwritten stories, which linger in the minds of their authors.

Maybe the dead stories and ideas posted here ... can become the living dead for someone else! Rise like a phoenix and live once again for someone else!
A demon king got sealed, a little girl accidentally fell into a gap of the seal and this and that happened and Maou began raising the girl while the girl fell in love with him. There would be a cast of demon generals, fallen heroes and such that would be forced into situations that wouldn't fit their identities and they would have to resolve the grudges they had with each other. A typical shoujo tho is the main plotline

mrsimple

Writer
Purpose

Maybe the dead stories and ideas posted here ... can become the living dead for someone else! Rise like a phoenix and live once again for someone else!

...Are ya sure? I have quite a few I've never completed, fixed up, or uploaded anywhere. :blob_neutral: And I haven't included the ideas I've had. :blob_blank:

Yorda

...Are ya sure? I have quite a few I've never completed, fixed up, or uploaded anywhere. :blob_neutral: And I haven't included the ideas I've had. :blob_blank:
Use the power of spoilers to condense what I think is coming. :blob_wink:

Zoey

Mustachu
Lead Man can turn any metal into lead. lives in a world full of super powers. My brother and I could never find a way to make a story that wasn't a one shot out of this. But we always found our selfs coming back to it, the coolest thing he could do is collapse a building by turning the the metal reinforcements into lead.

mrsimple

Writer
Use the power of spoilers to condense what I think is coming. :blob_wink:
So, I tried just one incomplete story and I received an error statement saying I cannot post anything more than 20k words in length. So... I guess I'm out of luck on this one. :blob_hmph:

Just checked and the first one I wanted to post had 42,823 characters. So I'd only be able to post this one if I created three separate posts. Again, this is just the first out of quite a few... I dun think this is gonna work. :blob_no:

mrsimple

Writer
Found one that will fit! :blob_party:

This one was written in mind to submit into the Kammi Kettu universe. I still intend to finish it, but just in case I cannot, what I've done is here. :blob_joy:
Origin Story

Chapter 1

The suit.

The man, or woman, always came in a suit to take me away. I wondered, ‘How many years has it been?’

Not long enough since the last time. I thought, ‘Maybe if I hide, he’ll give up and go away?’

That was what I decided to do. I hadn’t heard the doorbell ring, but I knew it had. My hearing disability always prevented me from detecting those high pitched notes.

It was because of the hum. That buzz we all had heard in an instant. It came with the second shock-wave, brought with it so much more change, and had transformed so many lives. But unlike those who had only thought they heard its emergence, I had been exposed too closely to one of its many “faults” and continued to have that hum as a background noise.

So I hadn’t been alerted when the service vehicle arrive, or as the car door was accidentally shut too loudly for the suit’s liking, or that shrill noise of a doorbell being rung.

What I had heard were the footsteps, the quickening heartbeats, and the lowered voices. They were all being quiet because of me.

Unfortunately, I missed the high notes, but silence was easy for me to hear.

While my foster parents greeted the well dressed man at the front door, I slipped out the back. And I immediately ran away from home… Or at least, while this was still considered my home.

As I jumped down from the reddish-brown back porch, I thought about how I was running away to stay. It was funny how the act and goal were a contradiction.

But the excuse wasn’t something I could laugh at.

“Years,” I huffed. It had been years with this family. I liked them, and I was certain they liked me too. Between labored breaths, I asked myself: “Then… then why?”

I worriedly wondered, ‘Did I do something wrong?’ I should’ve been quieter. More compliant and cooperative. No, more than that. If I wanted them to love me, I had to be proactive and go beyond their expectations.

“But… but what… what did I do?” I didn’t know. What I had known was I’d be taken away again. Another town, home, and family.

...Not again.

Beyond the backyard, into the wall of hedges, trespassing onto the neighbors property, and finally following a street that would take me someplace safe. A hideout I always had been given a welcomed hospitality.

The Noland Hotel. Because of the site in which it had been built on top of, it was a grand building project to bring in tourists.

Another hotel had once sat where it now stands. But that was before the Vanishing.

As I saw the great big mansion-like structure on top of the hill, I ignored how much my legs and lungs burned with fatigue to reach it. Until I was inside, I was not safe from being taken.

That might’ve been why I decided to cut across the green vanity of the hotel’s front yard. I wanted to be inside as soon as possible.

There was no sound of it for me to hear, but I knew others could hear it. The stamped clicks that came when I had transitioned from the concrete sidewalk, to the road’s black asphalt leading to the drop off circuit before the hotel’s entrance, and onto that grass --

-- to slip and fall. I’d finished a climb uphill, and the grass was wet, so I had my normal excuses for my trip. And a worse reason: hooves.

I was strong and as healthy as a horse, and with a pair of hooves to go with that. Everything else was still normal… Sorta. A doctor would have to take out the lab equipment for anyone to find the other abnormalities in me.

But it was these animalistic toes I had that bothered me the most. No real shoes for me. And I had no desire to remember the smell of these things being filed -- I would never consider the treatment as a manicure.

I was a freak.

Before I picked myself up, I caught sight of the unfortunate tear I made in the faux turf. The transparent hill could be seen beneath the carpet of grass and dirt.

If I were a normal kid, I wouldn’t have kicked a hole through the reality this town wished still existed. But this reminded me that I wasn’t normal.

“It’s no wonder they don’t want me,” I said softly as I stood back up.

“R’b--a?” At the call of my name, which was Rebecca, I had froze until I could discern who said it.

In both joy and emotional anguish, I had cried out: “Dotty!”

I was greeted by a wrinkly old lady that could be mistaken for the biggest black raisin in the world. That was, a raisin who wore a light blue sundress with white floral designs and a pair of beige fuzzy slippers -- and I believed those slippers used to be white.

She had to shift her rich head of black hair out of her face before taking a wary step toward me. The wind must have been picking up to have caused her treacherous hair to blind her like that. I knew it was a wig, but she took great care to manage it the way she wanted, and it would stay or else she would purchase a new one.

I supposed this meant Dorothy, who I called Dotty, was about to search for heavier threads to wear on her head. But not at the moment.

It was apparent how she tensed up and knitted her brows at me that she was concerned. She saw something was wrong. That I was in trouble.

She even came out here without her walker. In her hurry to see what was the matter with me, she could’ve hurt herself.

Before she took yet another step towards me, I ran to her and reached to tightly hugged her as much as I could around the waist. As if I tried to hide, I buried my face down into her heavy bosom.

A warmth spread behind and around my back before I was pulled further into this welcomed embrace. If I could rely on anyone who liked me, it was Dotty.

We never talked. In a way, not normally. Our discussions were performed through sign language. And how she responded to me was a sign how she felt when seeing me.

Without entirely breaking away from her, we turned to face the hotel’s front doors and I assisted her back inside. Once we entered, I saw the luggage cart being wheeled by one of the hotel’s employees before he stopped and approached us.

I always found it an interesting sight to see the hotel’s service people present themselves respectfully in front of Dotty. But I could never understand what they talked about, their manner of speech coming to me in a staccato.

The walker was offered to Dotty, and I held her until she was comfortable with her set of legs burdening her weight. She smiled down at me and nodded in gesture for us to head towards the pool.

That was a place we both enjoyed.

It was slow walk there, but I didn’t mind it at all. Over the years, I was made aware she had been teaching me to adjust, to take gradual steps, and learn to better balance and obtain a restraint.

When we reached the vast pool, it was our time to rest and relax, and to enjoy getting our “feet” wet. I’d help her remove the fuzzy slippers and to sit down, then we’d scoot to the edge of the pool.

And our legs dangled over that edge to take a dip. That was all we did. I couldn’t swim, never wanted to try. Not with these hooves. As for Dotty taking a splash, I believed her floating days were over.

Now that our hands were free, we signed to each other.

Instead of being questioned about what had happened, or why I was an emotional wreck coming here, I had been asked: “Do you want to spend the night?”

That had taken me by surprise, but I didn’t hesitate for long, and nodded. “Yes, please, thank you.”

She smiled, reached over and around my shoulders, and pulled me in for a great big hug. I knew that was her way of saying she was happy to have me over.

But then, with a startled expression, she had let me go to reach for something above my head.

Looking up, I saw a hand offering her a telephone. I didn’t have to be a genius to figure out who was the caller, but I did wonder what my foster parents were going to say or do.

Dotty would keep me here overnight. The hotel was her fortress and the service acting as its garrison. It would take a siege to take me away from her.

As she took the phone, I watched her lips, but when she smiled at me, I knew she caught me looking. This was obviously a conversation she had intended keep secluded from me.

She didn’t leave me, nor had she turned to face away from me. All she did was gesture at the pool’s television for me to shift my attention on.

And I did. It was the local news, and it covered a regular story we had for years, but this time around was different. There was a reason I had focused on the screen: my superhero, Black Sun had been successfully videoed.

He wasn’t considered a real superhero. No one really was officially declared as such, but I thought of him as one. He was a hero out of the many who tried their hardest to do good for people who couldn’t or wouldn’t.

But I believed not many people saw it that way. That was why I had been excited by this highlighted topic on the news.

It was a rare occasion to capture any footage of this local Emerged superhero. If anyone took a photo of him, all that would appear would be a burned image in the shape of his figure. That had something to do with his power being related to the sun or something like that.

A full black onesie. Maybe for some people that would be strange, but I had a feeling that Black Sun had to improvise. Just grab sleep whenever he could, save any and every person he could, and chose to plop down whenever there was an opportunity.

According to what I’d liked to call “sources,” that dark outfit was meant to absorb as much light from the sun as much as possible. No need for a blankee since he would be nice and toasty with what he wore.

But no one knew why he wore a onesie though. I had my belief, but everyone else needed more details on this fashionable controversy.

For some, they speculated it was because of a requirement for his abilities to work.

His power… Any villain who had been knocked out by him always stated they saw spots. Their vision would be temporarily impaired as if they had stared up into the sun for too long.

Even townsfolk couldn’t look at him for more than a minute. Despite being completely covered in black, and with a face like warm cocoa, it was like he brightly shined.

As for what kind of superhero he was, I couldn’t remember if he refused to join any faction and go solo, or if he was declined for being too much to handle. And it was speculated over the social media he was a class four just a vote shy of being a five.

Well, on the newsfeed, I could read the closed caption stating: “The Life of Black Sun is being brought to you by the sparkling hero himself. No need to remember wearing your sunscreen or sunglasses. Watch it tonight on NLN at nine!”

There was no way I’d miss this, but I would have to ask Dotty to give me permission. It would be considered late at night for her, and in turn, for me too. She’d expect me to be in bed.

It was still an exciting opportunity. Even if I failed to catch the special on tonight's news, I might have a chance to surf it up on the Internet.

Whatever else was on the news hadn’t been as interesting as Black Sun’s highlighted documentary slotted for tonight. So when the anchor lady began reviewing the many villains that had been clobbered by our local superhero, I returned my attention back to Dotty.

...She wasn’t smiling. Her posture was upright, as much as she could, and stiff as if she were a naturally smoothed out boulder on the edge of the water.

Whichever one of my foster parents were speaking with her, the topic wasn’t pleasant news. Now I wondered if it was a good idea to run away.

Not just Dotty, but just about every adult who was on the phone with someone had taught me to never interrupt. Even if it was important, to butt into the conversation would be rude.

Since it appeared she was still going to be a little longer, I went ahead and gave my mushy brain back to the TV. The close caption had a single word in all caps: AVOID.

It took me a second to remember that had been a villain’s name. As if the name was a clue, it kind of proved that criminals were dull light bulbs thought of themselves as brilliant.

There were exceptions. This guy was not one of them.

The reason why this guy was called that was for the yellow cautionary tape he wrapped around his fists, the big red warning label on his chest, a STOP sign over his shoulders to swing like a shield on his back, and many reflectors stuck up and down his limbs.

There was an old footage reel being played on the television of AVOID’s first appearance. This was on Clinton Street, which was a block away from the school I went to. And at this time in the news highlight, that street had a full line of school buses waiting to enter the circle and drop off their students.

Luckily I was not born yet. This happened years and years ago, back when my foster parents were my age. And I bet they were glad to not have been on those buses.

The video that Noland’s News showed was cut and censored, otherwise it would’ve displayed AVOID doing bad things to those on the bus.

The close caption went over the insanity he was quoted saying before being apprehended: “Just a regular school day for regular kids. Now that we have some free seats on the bus, you can start bringing all the right kids back for a proper education.”

This prompted an interview with experts who stated that the public should watch for signs of bullying. That a child can grow up with resentment towards the failings of society and blame everyone.

AVOID… I barely understood what the message he uttered was about, but I remembered that it had been a violent push for us kids being kept apart from the entitled students. I didn’t know what were to be considered ‘entitled’ by his standards, but I wouldn’t be caught surprised if they didn’t exist. He was crazy and appeared to find gratification in his morbid hobby.

Point blank, he was a lunatic to be added to the loony bin.

More of his type had showed up on the screen, like some roster for the most wanted villains. It started with those who committed the top ten atrocities and how often they escaped prison to resume their rampage. But that was enough for me. Shocking news apparently still appealed to the neighborhood audiences for this to be aired.

With the exception of Black Sun’s special, this was exactly why I didn’t enjoy watching the news. And I certainly didn’t want to be reminded of school. It was still being debated whether Emerged children should be placed in the same school program as regular students.

Unlike me, a regular student didn’t require special treatment like Phys. Ed.

No longer being interested in the TV, I looked to see if Dotty was finished with the phone conversation.

She was thankfully off the phone and handing it back to one of the hotel’s employees. As we locked eyes with one another, I was given a smile.

Now came the big question, and I signed: “Do they want me back?”

She offered a confusing response: “Yes, but not tonight.”

...I was happy to know I’d still be staying overnight, but that signed response made my head tilt.

Rather than clarifying what she meant, she asked: “Would you like supper?”

If it was Dotty’s cooking, then the confusion could wait to be cleared later. Especially if it was going to be her cheesy macaroni.

With a smile on my face, I nodded, and we took our time getting our wet “feet” back on solid ground. And off to the kitchens we hungrily went…

Chapter 2

Within an hour or so, we had the kitchen staff acquiesce their kingdom to the queen of soul food. And after she asked if I wanted to help, I immediately accepted with a hug as my answer.

In a way, I had been eager to assist her for more selfish reasons, and I thought, ‘This cheesy recipe shall be mine!’

Once I washed my hands, I practically pranced over to her to help and learn.

She started by taking out a large see-through glass dish. In it, she had laid out in overlapping layers the slices of cheese until the bottom was covered. I had expected her to throw the macaroni in next, but I was wrong.

There was a pot she had placed in front of me. She signed: “Be gentle. Mix and mash them together. Be gentle.”

At first, I was wondering what she intended me to mix and mash. Then I saw the box of macaroni being torn open and its contents deposited into the pot. As a second ingredient for the pot, I watched her plop ricotta onto the noodles.

After flexing my fingers, I got my hands busy getting messy.

When we felt satisfied with my work, she poured the collected macaroni noodles in and smoothed out the mass over the bed of cheese in the bakery dish. As if to give the noodles some structure, she slid a pair of bars of butter in on top of them.

Now that amount of butter might’ve been excessive, and I agreed that I’d become as big as she was if that was all I ate, but I at that moment, I craved for all the indulgence Dotty would offer me.

So after she laid the sticks of butter in, next was that she shook the powdery cheese. Water had been added, and as she watered the dish, I was instructed to lightly stir the surface with a spoon.

As I was busy, she had been underhanded and dropped other ingredients into the dish without my notice of what they were -- just some spices. Of course, she deserved the glare of my pouty face.

Like a busted bubble, she poked my cheek and we laughed.

Just as I could sense and imagine my own voice, I heard my laughter and conjured a deeper variant of Dotty’s guffaw.

Before we stuck the dish in the oven, I quickly picked out of the refrigerator a block of cheese. Dotty knew what to do with that and grabbed a grinder.

She gave me the honors of throwing in the last ingredient, so I began to sprinkle shredded cheese everywhere in the bakeware. Then it was time to toss the cheesiest macaroni dish in the oven.

As things heated up, I honestly tried, but when I smelled the delightful aroma coming out and off of the oven, I couldn’t stop salivating. I may have looked funny while doing this, but I had sucked my lips in to plug myself up and keep from drooling.

A portion of why I loved her macaroni was because of how sweet the cheese would be when done. I’ve had the taste of macaroni when with other foster families, but the closest they came to making Dotty’s macaroni was a dish of bland noodles with cheese.

In comparison, what we were now cooking was sweet buttery cheese with curvy noodles swimming in the appetizing stickiness. Just out of the oven and on the stovetop, we had our first glimpse of tonight's supper. And as I assisted with handling the transfer, I noticed the cheese was getting really sticky, but I didn’t mind that at all.

While she wasn’t looking, I just snuck a finger or two in my mouth to clean these cheesy fingers off. But that came to a giggling stop when she caught me with her maternal sixth sense.

After washing my hands again, I helped her to the chairs for a seat so we could comfortably wait on the dishes to settle and cool.

The dishes were full of Dotty’s golden delicious macaroni! I could barely keep my antsy butt still in my seat. I wondered, ‘Who honestly can endure this tasty tease?’

Arkus86

So, I tried just one incomplete story and I received an error statement saying I cannot post anything more than 20k words in length. So... I guess I'm out of luck on this one. :blob_hmph:

Just checked and the first one I wanted to post had 42,823 characters. So I'd only be able to post this one if I created three separate posts. Again, this is just the first out of quite a few... I dun think this is gonna work. :blob_no:
Maybe you can attach it as a file? Or post in in parts :blob_cookie:

mrsimple

Writer
Maybe you can attach it as a file? Or post in in parts :blob_cookie:
Thank ya for the suggestions. I'll consider those options after I rest. I'm starting to stutter as I read over what I wrote, so I'm not heading in a good way to continue to do this correctly. When I wake, I'll see if I can submit more incomplete works. :blob_okay:

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Idea 1:

Nel Patria was just an average guy. He blends into the background and is always misfortunate. Then, monsters from the void suddenly arrive and cause mayham unto the world. When all seems lost, people who once disappeared from the world came back with superpowers. And thats not all, due to monsters appearing, all humans began to mutate and could gather mana, gain special abilities and even cultivate. Yet, Nel doesn't have any of those. Because of that, he was labeled as 'The last human' in a world where everyone became more than human. Yet, unbenowest to all, he was secretly labeled as the 'World's Savior' and his alternate name became known as 'The unkillable Swordswoman'. Tune in to the story of a background character who defeats the strongest returnees while fighting god-like beings and trying to get a decent job.

Idea 2:

[This was already written by me once but couldn't continue.]

A single soul born with two bodies, both born on different worlds. A beauty from the modern world and a guy in a fantasy.

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
Here's chapter 1 of an abandoned story of mine (unedited - sorry about that):

Chapter 1
The capital city of Anitalae was crowded due to the upcoming festivities in celebration of the coming of spring. The event was renowned which explained why tourists littered the streets in wide-eyed wonder at the colorful decorations the locals were hanging over window ledges, walls, and even colorful ropes bridging lamp posts on the streets. The Caleanthé Festival was known to run a solid seven days by the end of which the town’s lead songstress would perform a solo dedicating a song for a prosperous season.

Understandably, the foreigners couldn’t stop talking about the intricate and vivid decorations of the city. In addition to that, there were a variety of stalls due to merchants that travelled from far off places selling jewelery, diverse flowers, food, multi-coloured fabrics and even exotic looking animals for pets. Though there were a lot of vendors, this was nothing compared to the throng that were present during the Caleanthé Festival itself.

Even with all the activity on the streets, the discussion of the locals had nothing to do with the festival. Instead, the spreading topic was centered on the recent events that the military was involved in. Said topic was discussed even more so inside the capital’s military headquarters.

“My uncle told me about it,” said one lieutenant to another as they walked through the main hallway of an opulent military structure. “The King sent him again to put a stop on the rising rebellion in the East.”

“Him? Him who?”

“Lt. Colonel von Fausten.”

“I thought he was a General?”

“No, he’s not. He turned down that position.”

Shaking his head in disbelief, he replied, “Turned it down? He would have been one of the youngest to be promoted if he accepted it.”
With a shrug, the man spoke, “I heard that the reason why he turned it down was because there was a special battalion of death row criminals that he wanted to lead (and they denied access hoping it would guarantee his acceptance of the promotion but the reverse happened).”

“I thought that was just a rumor.”

“It’s not. His first mission was a mere one hundred soldiers.”

With a look of disbelief, the man raised an eyebrow. “Why so few?”

“The higher-ups didn’t take him seriously. After all, it was Lt. Colonel von Fausten’s idea – the whole death row criminals turned soldiers. He didn’t complain though, about the number of soldiers they gave him. At first people thought it was going to fail. With a thousand plus enemies against a hundred, it was bound to only it didn’t. The enemy camp was slaughtered. The Colonel came back from the mission alone.”

“How was it done?”

“Nobody knows. Then, there was the recent mission. When scouts came back saying there were rebels in the east, they gave the Colonel three hundred strong. There were five thousand estimated enemy soldiers. Again, he came back alone with the enemy camp slaughtered.”

The two were silent for a while trying to register that tidbit of information. Then, one of them said, “How does he come back alive?”

He was about to answer but a voice made him stop.

“Why don’t you ask me yourself?”

The man tensed in unease when he looked up. Walking in the middle of the busy hallway was Lieutenant Colonel Johann Shaucer von Fausten, or Faust, as he always reminded people to call him. Without fail, every time they saw the Colonel, as few times as that was, his appearance was a shock to the system.

Lips too wide to be considered normal, daunting, sharp feline scarlet eyes, and a head of snow-white hair. That, partnered with his pallid skin and dark shadows under his eyes, made him seem gravely ill. That wasn’t the oddest thing, however.

Unlike other military men, Faust appeared quite unkempt. His hair was long in the front, brushing his eyelashes and even partly hiding his left eye with its shaggy cut, long in the back, brushing at the base of his nape. His wide-eyed stare was incredibly intimidating with its red tint and finally, there were his piercings.

Ears arrayed with silver hoops and studs – some even on one side of his lip and right eyebrow, Faust was easily the most unique man under the King’s order. The only reason he was allowed these liberties was because of his impeccable record. Not only did he graduate from military schooling with honors, but he also did it at thirteen – five years earlier than what was normal. With a sharp, tactical mind, and continuous victories under his belt, Faust had proved his worth and was quickly promoted but refused to anymore opting to be a simple Lt. Col. rather than the more prestigious post of General.

The two lieutenants stepped to the side to let Faust pass and the two hurried along whispering to each other about the oddities of the Lt. Col. Meanwhile, Faust, in this entire gossip-hungry crowd, could honestly care less. One would think that the first five missions of this kind would tire them out but now just back from his twenty-sixth campaign, Faust was still the center of attention.

Nobody could really blame these people especially since he had a very interesting family background. For starters, Faust’s whole name was Johann Shaucer Fausten von Augustine from the prestigious Augustine family of healers under direct command of the King. The Augustine family were the only healers allowed behind palace walls. They were very powerful and ingenious in their art and they had a noble lineage that stretched even farther than the empire’s history. Members of the Augustine family had always been healers. Faust, was not.

As a young child, people dismayed when Faust did not seem to show signs of the gifts akin to his kin. Still, his family continued to encourage him with whatever endeavour he took interest in. Years passed and with everybody’s immense surprise, Faust pursued a profession in the military. Again, his family supported him but the populace blotted him from the Augustine family. To their eyes, he was a black sheep to a respected bloodline and thus started calling him Johann Shaucer von Fausten.

Once more, Faust could care less. For all their ostracism, he still garnered recognition for his efforts. But it was not honor he was after. It was far deeper than that and far be it from Faust to be the one to enlighten them of the things he did behind closed doors. It was nobody’s business but his own and as such, being the only one privy to his own oddities was incredibly gratifying.

“Faust!” called out a voice from an opened doorway.

A glance to that direction revealed a man with short, golden hair and startlingly blue eyes. It was Alistair, the golden child of the Duke of Selica and best friend to Faust. With a curious tilt of the head, Faust approached him and saw that Alistair had on the full regalia of his position as Colonel-General.

Entering through the opened doorway that led to a study, Faust eyed the immaculate room with a curious expression. “Alistair, what a staid chamber. All those shiny vases and floral upholstery. This is horrid. And those clothes. Are you ill by any chance?”

Alistair raised an eyebrow at him. “This, Faust, is the proper attire. You look like an undertaker.”

He didn’t even glance at his attire as he snickered. “A classy undertaker. The black brings out my eyes.”
“I heard it was over five thousand this time around.”

The sudden change in topic was nothing new and Faust was used to it by now. “Five thousand eight hundred thirty-two.”

“Against three hundred?” he asked through gritted teeth.

“And one. I was there too don’t forget.”

Cursing under his breath, Alistair started pacing. “Do they want to kill you? Why do they keep sending you to these types of missions with so few men? I could file a complaint.”

With a snort of derision, Faust studied a painting on the wall. “Don’t bother. You know they’d ignore it. Besides, they send so few men because the number of criminals under death row is not quite that numerous. They don’t want to run out of soldiers who fight without getting paid.”

“That’s irrelevant and not really what I’m worried about. Your reputation as always being the sole survivor of your expeditions is getting notorious.” With a brief pause of hesitation, he continued, “People might question how it is exactly you win these battles.”

Faust was indifferent. Alistair was worrying too much but he was bound to do so since, though he had a small hint of what exactly it is that Faust did in his own time, the people had proved to be cruel to those they did not understand. He barely understood the Lieutenant Colonel himself but at least they were close friends. Alistair was concerned that Faust’s secret would come out. And what a secret it was.

“Alistair,” Faust said as he turned to the next painting. “We’ve talked about this before. I don’t care about what these people think of me. All I care about is my salary seeing as that it is what helps me with my research.”

“I wouldn’t be so concerned had I not found out that you weren’t the only survivor this time around.”

This time, Faust glanced at him. “Yes. His name is Declan. He will say nothing.”

“How can you be so sure?”

“For one thing, you are the only one who knows he’s still alive. For another, he is on his way to my estate as we speak.”

“You’re going to let a criminal stay with you?”

“He was innocent.”

“How do you know?”

“He used to work for me in my estate. We wanted to conduct an experiment and I reported that he committed some heinous crime. We planted evidence and made it appear he really was guilty. After being caught, all he had to do was to wait for me to get the ‘death row’ project working and the rest is history.” Seeing Alistair’s incredulous expression, he continued, “Besides, the only reason why you know of his existence was that I needed him to come to you so that you’d know him for future reference. He’s my current messenger after all.”

Alistair gave out a long heavy sigh of exhaustion and sat down on a sofa located in the far corner of the room. “Faust, why do I even bother?”

“That’s what I keep asking you.” Turning his attention back on the wall of paintings, he said, “By the way, why are you all dolled up today?”

A serious frown covered his features. “They sent a summons. They have a task for me in the middle of the desert and I’m here to get my orders.”

Interest piqued, Faust had his full attention at Alistair. “Where in the desert?”

“North east.”

“Is this mission confidential or may I accompany you on my way home?” His estate was located on the northeastern border of the sandy dunes.

Pausing to think about it, he answered, “I don’t see why not. It’s not really that secretive. I’m merely going to check the shrine located in that area. The King’s mages are getting twitchy and demand that we make sure the priests there are being well cared for.”

“Excellent.”

They exchanged a few more words before they both had to leave. With a serious reminder to stay out of trouble, Alistair finally went to the southern quadrant of the military structure with Faust going the opposite way. After each assignment, a report had to be submitted to the Officer in Charge and the one who requested for Faust’s assistance this time around was General Kuztek. The man wasn’t so bad as compared to the others who actually really wanted Faust to be gone for good.

General Kuztek didn’t like or dislike him which worked well in his favor. People like the General minded their own business but cared enough for the welfare of others that people around him gave him the respect he deserved. Plus, Kuztek didn’t mind vague overview reports which Faust was known for. All he cared about was that the job was done with complete success and in that respect, Faust followed through.

That being said, it only took half an hour for Faust to finish with his report, exchange a few pleasantries, and be off on his way. With the Caleanthé Festival soon approaching and decorations being put up on the streets, Faust wondered what he can do next to pass the time. Crowds never appealed to him and the noise outside was just not something he felt he could tolerate right now. Still, he couldn’t resist walking towards a window overlooking a very busy street and watched the people ambling about.

A group of men helped each other carry wooden boxes to certain stalls while the others brought planks, nails, tar, and paint for the other booths that were yet to be put up. The women were carrying arm-loads of fabric to hang on walls and dangle over window ledges in a colorful array pleasing to the eye. The teenagers did their best to help their elders but were easily distracted by their friends. The children, meanwhile, took pleasure in the unconscious torment they caused the people in their surroundings as they played with each other, uncaring of what they knocked over or whoever they bumped into. All throughout this, the tourists seemed eager to participate and help in any way they could.

The scene was altogether idyllic but Faust watched everything with indifference. How could he take pleasure in it when the concept of such delight was foreign to him? He grew up being a disappointment to the people who had such high expectations of him. Faust’s only relief was that his own family still cared for him. As great as that was, though, having family as his only companion was isolation in itself. They didn’t provide him with the necessary social niceties one should practice in a crowd like he was watching.

In moments like these, Faust learned not to care. He had learned to do that at a very early age because even with the attention given to him by his parents and siblings, he still did not feel like he belonged. The Augustine were all mages, healers for the King. Faust couldn’t even mend a simple scratch. The gift was not in him – a fault he had no hand in. Because of that, even in the midst of his own kin, Faust found himself alone.

It didn’t matter. Really, it didn’t, but Alistair was worried that Faust would be lonely. Kind of him to think so but very unnecessary. Despite his somewhat solitary childhood, Faust had nothing to regret. Being a curious child, Faust made it a point to fill his room with books. He read publications on anatomy, biology, psychology, geography, poetry, and more. Then, he branched out into tomes being studied by their healers. It was then he found his obsession – the one thing he researched about to this day.

For him, joining the military was a distraction, a sort of diversion that would bring some semblance of stability in his life. Faust knew that he needed it. All throughout his life, he considered himself to be quite level-headed. It was thanks to that simple fact that he realized his fixation with his research was getting unhealthy. Though his missions may have been getting more dangerous, it still provided no room for him to test the boundaries of his research. It was starting to frustrate him. Faust was getting to a point where he might become reckless if he got too overexcited.
That was simply inexcusable.

Finally getting bored with the view of the street, Faust walked off and paid very little attention to the people he passed by. Unconsciously, he knew he garnered more than a glance or two from them and he was half tempted to grin devilishly at them just to scare them off. If he cared even an iota about what people thought of him, Faust would have been offended at how much they were frightened of him. On occasion, he heard people talking about how much he looked like a corpse. The irony made him laugh.

On contrast, Alistair had told him once how he heard some women saying how mysterious and attractive he was. They mentioned that he actually had a nice smile. It was his eyes that were disconcerting. Faust just found the whole thing amusing.

After a lot of walking, he finally reached a courtyard that lead to military housing for the soldiers and other military personnel. Being an Augustine, Faust didn’t have to worry about where to stay. He left military grounds and headed to the estate his family owned but stopped mid-thought. Instead of the family estate, they were also provided with three apartments in the city they could use and Faust decided to head to one of those instead.

A horse was provided at the entrance of the military gates which Faust declined reasoning that the apartment was close by anyway. He walked. People on the streets didn’t really take notice of him and he was glad for the anonymity. Even with that, however, the crowd still bothered him. Taking a detour through an alleyway, Faust savored the muted voices and the lack of people. It made it possible for him to contemplate about his previous mission and how strong he was already and how frustrating that he still couldn’t find the limit to what he can do. It went against his research and bothered him a great deal.

From what Faust had garnered from his research materials, he was the first of his kind. As far as he could tell, he might have not been the first to try but he might possibly be the first to succeed. The reality of which was daunting but it hardly deterred him.

A silhouette in his peripheral made Faust halt in his walk. Upon closer inspection, it was a dead cat. The poor animal had no signs of injury and his build suggested he was old, albeit, slightly emaciated. Crouching down, Faust stroked its fur and marveled at the dirty but very rich musky grey hue of it.

Again, his thoughts came back to his research and felt a sense of pride in coming this far. Faust may have been ostracised for not having the gift of healing but he got something far more potent. Tapping into his reserve of mana – the part of a living being that made conjuring possible – Faust started to whisper a peculiar chant made up of an ancient, dead language. Slowly, he spoke the words in a breath that seemed to make the air around him heavy. One by one, Faust watched as muscles in the cat’s body started to spasm. Its lower legs, the back, the tail, its front legs, and its whiskers twitched back and forth, and finally, a sudden jolt of its whole body and the cat’s eyes opened. In pure lethargy, the small animal stood up and wobbled on its legs. After a few seconds, it meowed.

Johann Shaucer Fausten von Augustine may not have had the gift of his family – that of healing – but what he had was the power to resurrect the dead to life. Not only that, he had the power to control these once-dead beings. No other can boast the same.

Standing up to his full height, Faust started to continue to his destination, the grey cat following closely in his steps.

The whole thing makes me cringe.

Nakakure

It fanfic though.
MC reincarnated as demon king from Himegari dungeon meister visual novel and since he like how demon king broke one of heroine in chaos route , he feels want to tease this heroine until she break away

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Lead Man can turn any metal into lead. lives in a world full of super powers. My brother and I could never find a way to make a story that wasn't a one shot out of this. But we always found our selfs coming back to it, the coolest thing he could do is collapse a building by turning the the metal reinforcements into lead.
Why not turn the iron in blood into lead? Kill via lead poisoning. You could destroy an entire city with that power.

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
I tried writing a dungeon core story despite despising dungeon core stories. Nothing came of it.
My idea was to have a system in the world that was subtly evil, trying to get the dungeon core killed. I had this whole backstory for why the system wasn't able to directly kill him but instead had to try and get people to do it for him as well.
Partway into the story, the dungeon core would basically say "Fuck this, I'm out." and break out of this system's influence.

Last edited:

tak

MC reincarnated & her life changes "novel genre" at random times. She thought she's reincarnated to a game, a dress up game where even robbery is settled by fashion battle. Then she found out she's so wrong.

Deleted the novel because there's too much work to do. World Building, Genre Research, Character Creation... There's at least 29 genres to write, and each will have their own "protagonist", "villain", and "God/Mastermind". There's also supporting characters like Family, Teacher, NPC who explain things... I don't want to create 100 characters just to tell "look at how confused MC is in the midst of all the chaos"

• MC spends her childhood studying fashion and that's never used.
  • The Love God isn't considered a light nor dark religion, but a grey one. This is because the motto All is forgiven in Love, which sounds so sweet. But it makes the Goddess protect murderer, rapist, etc who do it "because of love" and pass the trial. The trial is they have to swear their love is true, and if they're lying they die. Love Deity is also unpopular for marriage because of the oath.
    • A couple who swears in the name of True Love and deemed untrue will die
    • The moment one of the couple fell out of love, both die
  • The Wealth Demigod will sell almost anything for a price. Inspired by System Store
  • The Justice God (whom name I still haven't decided) is also worshipped as the God of Equality. They're actually more of an "eye for an eye" God, a.k.a. Revenge God. I planned to use this in a scene where MC injured someone much stronger than her by praying so that they both lost the same thing (eye, limbs, it's a vague concept of later arc and i haven't even write chapter 5 before I deleted the novel)
  • One of the family maids is a slave bought from the Wealth Demigod
  • One of the family maids is a ghost from a fairy tale book
  • MC's mother is a medical field scientist, who will cause/create apocalypse. Still haven't decided which one.
  • MC has a senpai named Jack. Jack from all the fairy tale. But represents the supernatural genre, because he will deal with ghosts.
  • The protagonist of the romance/harem genre are:
    • The actual daughter of MC's family (switched at birth trope)
    • Alien/Android boy who is researching love/genetics by hooking up a lot of people
  • A dark-skinned mermaid who works at cafe, for some reason I didn't remember.
  • The genre changes every time MC thinks/says some keyword. I forgot the keyword, and this started as a self-insert novel so I'm kinda worried right now
  • The "genre changes" is prophecied, although it's more like "something bad will happen every X years"
  • The "something bad will happen every X years" is because Gods and Demigods take turns to experiment on how to gain more faith. Yes, this world is a sandbox free for all. They keep X years of peace time frame so the world can recover and repopulate
  • You know how in some novels after reaching a certain cultivation level, the cultivator can reconstruct their body, and usually only do that to heal wounds/change appearance age? I've always thought that's like, not important. So in this novel, a large number of cultivators are:
    • People with birth defects that still can't be healed with technology nor prayer
    • People who want to live longer
    • Transgenders
    • Amputees
    • People from other branches of magic who want to spy on them
    • People who knows they're God's toys and want to break free from this world
    • People who know they're God's toys and want to fight Gods
  • Because of the last thing, Gods hates cultivators, and hence the "heavenly tribulation bolts of lightning"

mrsimple

Writer
Got a little bit of rest, but here's another one I worked on. It's big, so I'll have to post twice or thrice to fit it all in. :blob_sweat:

A Heroine or Villainess?
Chapter 1

“Five more minutes.” I glanced at the clock again to be sure, and went straight back into correctly relocating the line of my modified script. “Five more.”

“Jake! Hurry up!” I ignored that. Pressure never did me any good in getting the job done well, let alone more quickly.

“I’ll be down in a minute.” Or quite literally, five more, then I’d head out and off.

“You’re going to be late!” With that announcement, I pursed my lips in a quiet hum of frustration.

Then I clicked the enter key, saved, and moved the cursor towards the shortcut icon to load the game. If this one failed, I would have to wait until the end of the school day. And I thought, <i>’Who knew if I will homework on my first day?’</i>

Likely the teachers, and I said as much out loud. “Probably. Certainly they’d love to…”

For a fraction of a second, I blinked, and witnessed the screen shift from the blank block of blackness to the watermarked logo of the loading sequence. There was hope.

And within the next blink of the eye, it was gone. A crash straight back to my PC’s background filled with columns of anime-esque icons.

“Okay, okay. That’s fine.” I had four more minutes before time was up. “All I need is to figure out what is conflicting…”

But to establish what connected to where and performed an action, I had to test each of the modified files separately. That couldn’t be done in the time I had left.

So I had to guess.

Upon launching the archive up onto the screen, I inspected each of the names that vaguely described what the scripts were supposedly managing to accomplish. Each had a purpose, and some were intended to overlay another script.

“But this one isn’t. It’s colliding with…?” I didn’t know which one of the scripts was being the unhappy camper.

“Jake!!” At the call of my name, I reacted with a wince, then shut my eyes, and sat perfectly still.

...Failure. Realizing this, I shut off my monitor and left my desk with the computer still running. If I was lucky, I would get through today with my head still on this problem rather than the anticipated schoolwork.

Time was no longer on my side. In fact, I didn’t believe it ever was.

In a rush, I scurried out of my room with the outfit I had worn overnight. I never slept, so I was already prepared for today. That was, with the exception of not feeling so fresh for the start of my new school life.

Out the bedroom, a swiftly sharp turn to the left, and with my hands slipping down the rails, I skipped the steps with a leap to the bottom floor. The landed thump allowed me to witness my mother jumping in fright.

“Don’t do that!” Mom stared daggers at me for doing something I had been told many times not to repeat.

Her hand was across her breast, as if that beating heart were to break free in hide someplace safer than what security her chest provided. I simply grinned in shame and hurried past her for the kitchen.

But had been nearly choked by a delicately firm hand snagged in my shirt’s collar.

“Here,” was all that had been said. Then when I settled down, she let me go.

Before I could discern what she had meant, I had been given the answer by being shown. In front of my eyes was presented in the palm of her hand a fruit.

Wiped clean until it shined, a ruby red apple.

“...Jake?” I lifted my gaze from the apple and up to meet her stare. “Have you been up all night playing games again?”

After a couple of seconds, I blinked a few times in surprise and wondered, <i>’How could she tell?’</i> But if I were to be literal, then the answer was, “No. I wasn’t.”

The truth was I hadn’t been given the opportunity to play a single session. I’d been too busy modifying for me to have had anything working the way it should have done.

“Mhm.” She shook her head at me, but never took her eyes off of mine. I supposed she could tell that I stayed up with my eyes being nearly as red as the apple. “Take this, and let’s go.”

“Wait,” I took the apple from her, but I asked, “you’re coming?” In response to my query, she pulled out her cellphone, smiled down at me, and waved the device with joy.

A realization came to me then. She intended to video my first day.

“Mom,” I immediately cringed at the thought. “Look, I’m a teenager now. Not twelve, thirteen. Please, please don’t do this to me?”

“Do what?” Right there and then, she slipped her thumb around the silvery-smooth case of her phone and initiated the recording. I clamped my mouth shut and tried to escape for the front door. “Jake, backpack!”

My forehead and brow crinkled with frustrated annoyance as I turned back toward the stairs. By the end of the last step was sitting my bookbag.

An old one.

“Mom, I thought we agreed on the black one?” I stared in horror at the shyly peeking red gaze of the light green bulbasaur directed upwards. It’s darker green bulb on the back being an extra pouch to the bag itself.

“And where is it?” I heard her asked and wondered about that myself.

Turning back towards her, I suggestively asked: “I thought it was downstairs?”

“Does it look like it was?” I had been about to protest once more about wearing the Pokemon over my plain black bookbag, but she interrupted me before I could speak. “You’re going to be late.” With her cell, she gestured with it towards the front door. “C’mon. Grab your bag and lets go.”

Not having much of a choice, I did as I was told, and once she opened the door for us, I hustled out the door. And immediately regretted not getting any sleep.

“Ow!” I clenched my eyes shut at the overly bright sky.

The Summer weather here was far different from home. Or rather, my old home on the east coast.

This western coast was a different world. Hotter, more spacious, and the tint of light was a fiery kind in comparison the the colder atmosphere in the east.

To be quite clear, I was not a fan of the Pacific season. I preferred to return to my Atlantic soil.

“Hurry up, slowpoke.” As if she was making a point, I felt her poke right in the back of my shoulder. The sharp tip of her finger was gradually pressed in until I begun to take a step in pace with her longer ones. “Remember to give your homeroom teacher a gift. It should be in your backpack.”

Reaching behind me, I felt the emptiness in my bookbag. Time wasn’t a friend right now, and I figured I was supposedly responsible for putting something in here last night. The likely case was I had been told to do so and forgot.

Really forgot. I couldn’t remember what was to be the gift.

So instead of giving my mother a panic attack, I just rolled the red apple in my hand and said, “I’ve got it.”

There goes my breakfast.

“Good to know,” and she wasn’t paying attention to what I considered to be my replacement gift. That might’ve been a good circumstance for this moment. “Be sure to tell me everything after school. Got it?”

“Yeah, Mom.” I sighed and took up a faster step to be in front of her.

But she snatched me back by the collar again. “Stay by me. The traffic here isn’t as considerate about pedestrians.”

That had me giggle. I vividly remembered how frustrated my mother became when trying to navigate through DC. Not a fun time for her, but a true blast for me when she expanded my vocabulary in a mature direction.

And on the topic of fun times, I was struck with terror when she shifted her hand down from my shoulder towards a hand. She grabbed on.

We were holding hands!

“MOM!” I gave her one tug, and she returned the protest with a secured squeeze. “Please?!”

“What did I just say?” I rolled my eyes in silent response. “You run out in front of someone, they’re not stopping. They’re the bigger fish, tadpole.”

“...Huh?” I tried to gather the reference she made there.

“Frogger?” I shook my head in confusion. I knew what the game was, but still didn’t get the analogy. “You’re a tadpole, not a… You can’t squirm your way out of this is what I’m saying.”

“Oh… Okay.” I gave her another tug just to be sure. “Mom, I want to make a good impression. This isn’t going to --”

“You’ll make a fine impression on the black asphalt if you don’t stick close by me.” And she gave me a tug of her own back by her hip. “Keep close.”

How protective she was being, I was starting to wonder if she had been afraid of this neighborhood. It was new to the both of us, so I couldn’t fault her on being precautious. But from our house, to the corner of our block, and just across the street was my bus stop.

That didn’t feel like this much worry was worth the embarrassment. We were already a step or two away from the corner.

And right across the street was the big yellow bus. The bright and flashy lights were already going off. But more importantly, the arm of the stop sign had been extended to reach out in front of any oncoming traffic in the opposing lane.

With that being out, I shouldn’t have to worry about being hit by anybody. I would only have to race out and reach the bus before my mother created a scene. That was all I needed for my first day, and everyone on board the bus would have a window seat to see the exquisite stage feature of motherhood in action.

“First day of school,” she was speaking to her phone, not me, “and we made it just in time for the bus. Yay!” And I winced with that cheer.

Then I noticed the blinking lights on the bus had turned off. “Mom, the lights --”

“Jake, smile and wave for the --”

“Mom!” I could tell the bus had missed us being one of the passengers.

That was likely because I was new and the driver was used to the usual number that boarded.

But my mother was too busy being social with her to-be viewers. If I were permitted, I would’ve cursed this very instant.

Instead, I became aware of my hand being free. I supposed she had expected me to wave with that hand.

“Nope,” was all I said and took off for the bus.

Right away, I heard her scream: “JAKE!!”

In the corner of my vision, there was a blur of motion --

-- a push --

-- then I tripped --

-- and smacked my head down on the street. I had no idea what had just happened, but it hurt.