THE Suicide Squad trailers discussion

PieCoNsUmEr

The Fisher Dragun
I’ll be honest, I have bad taste, low-brow humor works for me, my standards for entertainment are.....hmm..... hard to understand or properly conjugate even for me. I enjoyed Suicide Squad. And The Suicide Squad trailers look dumb, and stupid, and perfect. So let’s have a discussion about them.
First point, they have Polka Dot Man. He’s, never been great and no matter if they try to him cool or the opposite, entertainment shall ensue.

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Husband laughed. Must watch!

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
i liked the original suicide squade with will smith, as much as it sucked. it's the so bad its good kind of movie.

idk about the new one. for one, john cena looks HORRIBLY CAST but I trust it to entertain me enough for at least an hour or more.

Echimera

Chubby shark still makes no sense to me, honestly.
Neither do I understand how DC thinks people in general will take the constant semi-rebooting and -recasting of their movies, it's already hard to keep track of what is and isn't supposed to be in the same continuity for people keeping track of superhero movies.

But I do like the audacity to bring up a popular Marvel movie in the trailer for a DC movie.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I like watching those kinds of movies, but that movie didn't make it for me. Though the scene with Harley coming out of the elevator was awesome
Will Smith as Deadshot is literally salvaging the whole fucking thing man. He's a star but the movie's the fucking Titanic.

As for Harley, she's fine. She's not the standout character DC's been marketing her as, at least for me. I much preferred her depiction in the animated series.

PieCoNsUmEr

The Fisher Dragun
I like watching those kinds of movies, but that movie didn't make it for me. Though the scene with Harley coming out of the elevator was awesome
Have you seen Troll 2? It’s a great watch. I enjoy Buddies movies, (movies about the pups of Airbud finding their way home, or going on an adventure, except Super Buddies, maybe after have expectations I was disappointed, but it’s the only movie from the series I truly dislike.) so my tastes in movies are odd, and only really fit me. I’ve just seen the trailer, saw some stuff that looks fun, and thought: “Even if it’s not better, and is like the original. I’ll still have fun.”
Will Smith as Deadshot is literally salvaging the whole fucking thing man. He's a star but the movie's the fucking Titanic.

As for Harley, she's fine. She's not the standout character DC's been marketing her as, at least for me. I much preferred her depiction in the animated series.
Batman, The Animated Series? Best portrayals for many of Batman’s rouge gallery were in that show, they even had Condiment King.
Chubby shark still makes no sense to me, honestly.
Neither do I understand how DC thinks people in general will take the constant semi-rebooting and -recasting of their movies, it's already hard to keep track of what is and isn't supposed to be in the same continuity for people keeping track of superhero movies.

But I do like the audacity to bring up a popular Marvel movie in the trailer for a DC movie.
That’s part of the reason why I’m exited, with James Gunn at the helm there’s a chance for it to be good.

Last edited: