The villain/antagonist who got on your nerves.

Blackout

Worshipper of Chin Chin the Dark Lord
Mine is Luke Castellan from Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. Before I explain, let me warn you that there will be spoilers in my explanation.

First of all, let me tell you what Luke's final objective was. He wants to tear down the Western Civilization by eliminating the Greek Gods. In order to do that, he revived Chronos the Titan. Why does Luke wants to do that? Because his father Hermes gave him a quest which was already done by Hercules. Not only was Luke given a quest already done by someone, he has failed the said quest too. That made him very salty and bitter. Yup. he betrayed his friends and family, manipulated some of them, killed and indirectly killed lots of humans and mythological creatures, and started a huge war just because he's a big baby.

And this isn't the worst part. The worst part is that he was given a hero's treatment at the end of the series. Heck, there was even a huge Prophecy which spoke of him. See, he lend his body to Chronos and became the latter's host. Just when things were about to go real bad, Luke stabbed himself with a knife to kill himself and got Chronos out of his body. And that made him a hero.

?????

I should repeat that it was his fault that Chronos was able to come back to life in the first place. And just because he sacrificed himself, his past sins were forgiven? By this logic of Uncle Rick the author, it's like saying you can start a fire to burn down a building and roast half its inhabitants alive, but you can be forgiven completely and not put in jail if you put out the fire that you yourself started in the first place.

I love the series a lot, but this part always made me mad. I saw a random video reviewing the movie in Youtube just now, and I remembered how much I hated how Luke was treated, hence I wrote this post. Thanks for reading.

SailusGebel

Probably Kichimura Washuu from Tokyo Ghoul or someone similar.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Err, my pick would be the standard self centred and egotistical old fucks in standard xianxia?

For the record, they lack depth as a proper villain but so do the old people I met at work. Don't get me wrong, I hate young fucks who are like that as well, I just hate the old ones more because they usually have more saying power and enjoy using their age as a crutch for everything.

Last edited:

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

🐉Burns you with his Love🐉
General Grievous.
His original debut was so badass. Then the movie tones him down quite a bit.
Then the series just reduces him to looser villain that twirls his mustache.
What a disappointing evolution.

Southdog

Caustic, handle with caution
The Fomor in The Dresden Files. They show up after the mid-series shakeup in Changes. They're basically never the main antagonist of any book until Battle Ground where suddenly they're invading Chicago with close to zero build up. They're like a worse version of the Red Court, the series' first overarching antagonists. Their entire plotline is compresses into about five books with rather poor buildup.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
Diavolo from Jojoo part 5. He was so cool, but lost the final showdown with Giorno without really retaliating

Pujimaki

Padoru trash writer
Shou Tucker. Not the main antagonist, but someone whom I abhors.

Zakuro

Crushed Pomegranate
Zuccius Zogratis.

FB_IMG_1666601850614.jpg

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Mary Sioux from Youjo Senki. The name says it all. Albeit it is a good twist on the Mary Sue characters. I still hate her by simply existing on the same pages as the others.

AryaX

Can't remember any names right now, but there is this villain type that keeps appearing in various anime that really pisses me off...

Generally young character with exaggerated theatrical mannerisms, and exaggerated smile/grin on their face at all times, often cackling, and generally actively sadistic or at least indifferent to the suffering they cause, and always narcissistic to an utterly ridiculously degree... and usually at least somewhat "op" (sometimes compared to the protagonist as well, but at least compared to the average guy)

AuntieMaysLittleCousin

Level 73 Practical Procastinator
I've see lot's of people talking about Rising of the Shield Hero.
Well, I'd go for the Reincarnates, and Bitch. But the one that really made my blood boil was Takt. For obvious reasons.
And the Goddess from Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu.