The weirdest thing you had to google

Owl

Nervous writer
As writers, we all have weird stuff we have to research and hope that no one ever finds in our search history. I, for example, because I sound a damn suspicious lot like a serial killer.
Awesome things I've googled before:
-The symptoms a corpse has after dying from opium overdose
-Tasteless poisons
-Symptoms of ricin poisoning
And a lot of other stuff like that. What's the funniest/weirdest/creepiest thing you've researched because you needed it for writing? :blob_hide:

JayDirex

I literally JUST GOOGLED THIS before i read this post. Im sure it is not the weirdest. but random enough. And yes, for novel plot research.

1595873779723.png

Last edited:

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
As writers, we all have weird stuff we have to research and hope that no one ever finds in our search history. I, for example, because I sound a damn suspicious lot like a serial killer.
Awesome things I've googled before:
-The symptoms a corpse has after dying from opium overdose
-Tasteless poisons
-Symptoms of ricin poisoning
And a lot of other stuff like that. What's the funniest/weirdest/creepiest thing you've researched because you needed it for writing? :blob_hide:
"How wide can an asshole open"

Killokii

How long the brain takes to die after the heart has beating...
that and the normal degenerate things

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
I started quite recently so I don't think I have anything weird, or I didn't consider it weird yet. I can proudly announce that after over 12 years with English I finally learned that the little fancy small poles with a cloth, that often mark paths during events, are called stanchions, thanks to one of the things I needed for my novel.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
:blob_hmm: Strange things for writings. I have searched for many strange things, but few for writing so far. I usually know my stuff from elsewhere.

:blob_aww: But this should be strange. I am trying to turn this song into a children song in one of my stories.

Venior

With the amount of religious subtext and names I've Googled for reference -- from Greek to Christianity -- the people at Google probably think I'm either super religious or some sort of historian.

Oh and I look up synonyms for some weirdly niche words.

PandaSempai

I tried to search for things related to some religions or some kind of strong beings that are depicted in some stories. So far, I've searched about Heaven, Chuthulu(idk if I got the spelling right), Zoroastrianism, and so and so forth. I even learned that, in Qur'an, Gabriel have so many wings that it could envelop Earth.

Oh, and there's also the research about Spatial Intelligence and such.