The worst story you ever made

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
My first story was absolutely awful and I am glad that it never saw beyond the walls of webnovel. It was about an assassin who just wouldn't die no matter what so an angel of death started living with him and the rest of his assassin for hire crew. Then a bunch of angels are pissed at the archangel of death for letting it happen so some of them try to kill the MC but fail miserably as he just won't die. It never got more than 60 pages because I didn't plan at all.

Slow burn time travel is way easier to write than quick immortal stories.

Linko

My worst story I ever made was probably a mha fanfic. It was horrible in every way you can think of: dialogues, grammar, plot, the main character was more empty than your average isekai protagonist, and even the synopsis had grammar mistakes. I wrote 14 chapters I think (about 24k words) before realizing how horrible everything was and then abruptly stopped to write it.

Maze_Runner

□■ - I like running in mazes - ■□
My first story was absolutely awful and I am glad that it never saw beyond the walls of webnovel. It was about an assassin who just wouldn't die no matter what so an angel of death started living with him and the rest of his assassin for hire crew. Then a bunch of angels are pissed at the archangel of death for letting it happen so some of them try to kill the MC but fail miserably as he just won't die. It never got more than 60 pages because I didn't plan at all.

Just curious. Worst story I made was my first this one https://www.scribblehub.com/series/451730/karolie--crimson-crimsons/ because I was new to writing, and I still am. I didn't know how to plot.
I have a challenge for you. (And everyone else). Re-write that awful story and post it on scribblehub. (Put link here)

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
The worst story I wrote was a story called Heroes and Villains on storyfire. It had potential, but it was my first time writing for an audience, I was thirteen, and I thought it was a good idea to take 2 books worth of content and condense it into 20 chapters. I'm rewriting the entire thing and I plan on releasing it once I have enough chapters written.

aimless

Wanderer of Forums
Just curious. Worst story I made was my first this one https://www.scribblehub.com/series/451730/karolie--crimson-crimsons/ because I was new to writing, and I still am. I didn't know how to plot.
Well my first one cause I’m a new author

Alaska

The worst story I wrote was a story called Heroes and Villains on storyfire. It had potential, but it was my first time writing for an audience, I was thirteen, and I thought it was a good idea to take 2 books worth of content and condense it into 20 chapters. I'm rewriting the entire thing and I plan on releasing it once I have enough chapters written.
It’s actually good though

Egathentale

As the saying goes, if you ask an author what they think of their first work, and they tell you they don't hate it with a red-hot burning passion usually reserved for serial killers, war criminals, and tax-collectors, they are lying through their teeth.

Seriously though, I had many terrible stories jotted down way back in my high-school days. I consider those the growing pains of a writer. You absolutely need to get them out of your system and learn from your mistakes, and without them, I wouldn't be where I am right now.

As for what was my capital "W" worst story... I suppose there are two separate candidates for that.
The first one was something I wrote with my best friend, and it was an absolutely nonsensical stream-of-consciousness style story about a foul-mouthed everyman who accidentally creates cold fusion by throwing a half-chewed piece of bacon into his old Russian microwave the size of a fridge. Then, while running away from the goons hired by the bank for defaulting on the mortgage of his exploded house, he accidentally stops the conspiracy of an dead Hungarian poet. He came back to life as a vampire due to sheer indignation over people butchering the language online, and he tries to destroy the internet by magically turning all the fiber optic cables into copper so that the Gypsies would steal them. Last part was inspired by a true story that happened in our town. It was unadulterated nonsense, and it wasn't even that funny, but back then we thought it was the best thing since sliced bread.

The other one is a much more complicated story, both in terms of its conception and the plot itself. So, it started with my friend from middle school, who was obsessed with the Prince of Persia games. We made a machinima-style comic out of them by taking lots of screenshots, and putting dialog bubbles and captions over them. All the main characters were pretty much inverted, with the main ones becoming foul-mouthed edgelords, while the villains were all helpful people who just wanted to save the world and feed orphans and such. It was crude, nonsensical, and not very funny.
Then a few years later another one of my friends started dabbling in RPG maker, and made a short game starring these characters. Then, over the years, the three of us made three more games of increasing size and complexity, but with the same crazy characters and juvenile humor. The plots ballooned, and so did the "lore", if you can call it that. And then I found out about visual novels and introduced the medium to my friend, and we had this crazy idea to make a visual novel using Ren'Py. The fact that neither of us could draw, code, or write a coherent story at the time didn't deter us at all, and so we started putting together a manuscript, with each one of us responsible for a separate character route, and holy crap, it was the best worst thing ever. As in, this was some prime-cut quality nanar stuff, and it was so deeply steeped in the "lore" we built up over the years, literally nobody could make heads or tails of what was going on in the story other than us, making the eventual prototype entirely worthless.

Oh boy, just talking about these things makes me want to try to find these for a good laugh.

Last edited:

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
It’s actually good though
Have you read it? If so, I'm sorry about the assault that you had to go through when reading it. Like why did I think it was a good idea to do some of that stuff before I even properly set up my characters. It reminds me when RWBY thought it was a good idea to destroy the school three seasons too early.

aimless

Wanderer of Forums

I don’t know whether or not to be mad, i started my story with no plan except for his cultivation technique, the start and the antagonists

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Ah, some Cardcaptor Sakura fanfic I made back in High School. I never wrote it down, but it was pretty bad.

Worst stuff that I actually wrote down were my first attempts at Online Roleplays... They just weren't that great.

TheDerpieGod

A Well-Known Daddy.
As the saying goes, if you ask an author what they think of their first work, and they tell you they don't hate it with a red-hot burning passion usually reserved for serial killers, war criminals, and tax-collectors, they are lying through their teeth.

Seriously though, I had many terrible stories jotted down way back in my high-school days. I consider those the growing pains of a writer. You absolutely need to get them out of your system and learn from your mistakes, and without them, I wouldn't be where I am right now.

As for what was my capital "W" worst story... I suppose there are two separate candidates for that.
The first one was something I wrote with my best friend, and it was an absolutely nonsensical stream-of-consciousness style story about a foul-mouthed everyman who accidentally creates cold fusion by throwing a half-chewed piece of bacon into his old Russian microwave the size of a fridge. Then, while running away from the goons hired by the bank for defaulting on the mortgage of his exploded house, he accidentally stops the conspiracy of an dead Hungarian poet. He came back to life as a vampire due to sheer indignation over people butchering the language online, and he tries to destroy the internet by magically turning all the fiber optic cables into copper so that the Gypsies would steal them. Last part was inspired by a true story that happened in our town. It was unadulterated nonsense, and it wasn't even that funny, but back then we thought it was the best thing since sliced bread.

The other one is a much more complicated story, both in terms of its conception and the plot itself. So, it started with my friend from middle school, who was obsessed with the Prince of Persia games. We made a machinima-style comic out of them by taking lots of screenshots, and putting dialog bubbles and captions over them. All the main characters were pretty much inverted, with the main ones becoming foul-mouthed edgelords, while the villains were all helpful people who just wanted to save the world and feed orphans and such. It was crude, nonsensical, and not very funny.
Then a few years later another one of my friends started dabbling in RPG maker, and made a short game starring these characters. Then, over the years, the three of us made three more games of increasing size and complexity, but with the same crazy characters and juvenile humor. The plots ballooned, and so did the "lore", if you can call it that. And then I found out about visual novels and introduced the medium to my friend, and we had this crazy idea to make a visual novel using Ren'Py. The fact that neither of us could draw, code, or write a coherent story at the time didn't deter us at all, and so we started putting together a manuscript, with each one of us responsible for a separate character route, and holy crap, it was the best worst thing ever. As in, this was some prime-cut quality nanar stuff, and it was so deeply steeped in the "lore" we built up over the years, literally nobody could make heads or tails of what was going on in the story other than us, making the eventual prototype entirely worthless.

Oh boy, just talking about these things makes me want to try to find these for a good laugh.
Send me the sauce, would love to read it.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I don’t know whether or not to be mad, i started my story with no plan except for his cultivation technique, the start and the antagonists
I had even less planning than that. I literally just sat down one day and thought of "Immortal assassins vs angels" and started writing. The characters were made up as I went with no idea what their personalities would be which screwed me over. There was no plot or magic system and I couldn't even figure out how the MC was immortal.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I'm sure I wrote some pretty bad stories when I was kid. I just don't remember them.
However, my current story is the worst story on Scribble Hub. Please support me by giving me more one-star ratings!