Thoughts on Crossposting.

TheOneWho

I've been thinking about cross-posting some of my other stories on other websites to reach a bigger audience. Like posting my fanfics on Ao3 and my original on Royalroad. However, I read people having bad experiences on other sites so I'm not sure if I should.

Is crossposting worth it? And is there any website you suggest trying for my either fanfics or original stories?

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
It's different for everyone. Crossposting will get a bigger audience but sometimes it isn't worth it. Try it out and see if it works for you.

LostLibrarian

Crossposting gives you the chance to reach a lot more readers while investing like 2 minutes to post your chapter.
The answer should be rather obvious...

Most people arguing against crossposting are either against certain sites or picked the wrong sites for their content, disliking the achieved reaction.

Shamiko

Ur resident demon gurl <333
Is crossposting worth it? And is there any website you suggest trying for my either fanfics or original stories?
Yes, crossposting is definitely a good idea.
I recommend Neovel. It's not a very popular site, but it's good nonetheless.

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
For originals, another two sites you might consider are Tapas and Honeyfeed.

It'll be hard getting views on both since Honeyfeed has a relatively small number of readers compared to RR and SH, and Tapas' readers are mostly there for the manwhas. It'll be a slow growth, but the more eyes on your work the better.

Last edited: