tired of the Western movie makers insulting our sacred Animes, Mangas and Games

Jamminrabbit

Alita was sick as hell. Edge of Tomorrow as an adaptation of All You Need is Kill was pretty damn good. I know for sure from watching the gory trailer that was Mortal Kombat it will be good.

As always, just like with any adaptation, you just need the people behind it to be about as passionate as the fans. The great thing is, if you don't like it, then you can fuck right off and pretend it doesn't exist so it ain't hurting anyone. But in the off chance that it turns out good, then we get more candy and there's nothing wrong with that.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
"Sacred?" Bruh it's just cartoons settle down.

The Speed Racer movie was good shit
No, no. They are sacred. Without them, Japan's economy would be taking a huge blow... so they are almost a necessity for Japan, which basically makes them sacred....

Jamminrabbit

No, no. They are sacred. Without them, Japan's economy would be taking a huge blow... so they are almost a necessity for Japan, which basically makes them sacred....
This is simply not the full truth. Japan's largest industry is automobiles and electronics.

You can literally say that about anything. Take any industry/sector away from a given country and they would be taking a huge blow. That doesn't make it sacred. What the fuck lmao. That's like something someone whose life revolves around anime culture would say.

Horizon42

The only thing the west hasn't butchered is Resident Evil, but that's by the virtue of the series itself. The movies are shit, but only because the games are also getting shit.

I still love the movies, though. And Resi Evil 5+6. Look man, I'd still agree 4 is the better game but tbh, I replayed 5+6 more than I did with 4.

Great Big America is making a new one and, get this; they're doing it with modern military guns in a modern setting
It's already made and already CGI garbage.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
This is simply not the full truth. Japan's largest industry is automobiles and electronics.

You can literally say that about anything. Take any industry/sector away from a given country and they would be taking a huge blow. That doesn't make it sacred. What the fuck lmao. That's like something someone whose life revolves around anime culture would say.
:blob_neutral: :sweating_profusely:

Zero300

The fanmade live-action versions of anime are pretty good though. Much better than the Hollywood stuff.

ConTroll

Eternal Wood
Hahaha. Japan does a good job doing that themselves though, with their horrendous live action remakes.

This is more about being a money grab than it is about being West versus East.

The way creators allow their IP to be used in such ways are also the problem.

Hollywood is willing to fork up the cash, and creators are willing to sell.

pynkbites

If they're that important to you, why isn't the issue we're discussing here paying animators a living wage, hmm? They work gruelling hours for a pittance.

LimitBound

Saint
I think it's basically just to advertise the anime, if you don't like the movie you're definitely gonna check out to see if the anime is better. I think?

D

Deleted member 49654

Guys, no one is forcing you to watch the movies. I personally don't.

These adaptations are meant for the broader public. People that are not so deep into the otaku culture. After all, products are made to fit the consumer's requirements, and we obviously are not the target group in this case.

I don't know about you, but I am fine with sticking to the original anime/manga/novel. I don't need to watch an adaptation because I am satisfied with the original.