To People Who Review Stories That Ain't Their Preferred Genre

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Eh. Doesnt matter much to me. Im cool with Ace he seems fairly reasonable a dude at least from MY interactions with him. Then again im a pretty chill and likable bro. I am with most people. We could have a whole srguement where we cuss each other out and if ya crack a joke i'll make one back no hard feelings and we can go about our day

People disagree. Its natural. Just gotta remember not to be a cunt about it after the argument is done. That's especially true when talking politics for example.

Of course if you get offended by every.little thing you just need to die. And me, i am happy to help drive you to suicide jn that case.

Bleh. Oh well. I'm blunt, or try to be. It doesn't matter to me if he remains friendly with me in the future, though I would prefer it be so just because it's less hassle on me in the long run. I'll sleep fine either way though. And if someone' gets offended by my statement, than I must have hit a sore spot, that or they are just in a mood to debate and I would enjoy that. Rarely do I get to do that often enough.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Bleh. Oh well. I'm blunt, or try to be. It doesn't matter to me if he remains friendly with me in the future. I'll sleep fine either way. And if someone' gets offended by my statement, than I must have hit a sore spot, that or they are just in a mood to debate and I would enjoy that. Rarely do I get to do that often enough.
Lets get it on then bro. Whats your view on slavery?

Cuz me, i LOVE the idea of slaves. I think we should be able to keep them

The civil war was such bullshit.
"But Im a RESPONSIBLE slave owner. Why should i have to give up MY slaves just because Anderson beats his?"

Of course being a native American i prolly would have become a slave myself...

Discount_Blade

Lets get it on then bro. Whats your view on slavery?

Cuz me, i LOVE the idea of slaves. I think we should be able to keep them

The civil war was such bullshit.
"But Im a RESPONSIBLE slave owner. Why should i have to give up MY slaves just because Anderson beats his?"

Of course being a native American i prolly would have become a slave myself...
LOL. You sure? I have no opinion either way. My ancestors were Cherokee and Lumbee mixture, so we were treated just as bad as any slave. I have no ancestors that kept slaves, and I grew up in NYC, and my Cherokee and Lumbee family migrated to NYC in the early 1700's. long before the civil war, even before the Trail of Tears with Andrew JAckson forced many of my people west. Irish is in my family too but it doesn't become prominent until the early 1800's when in NYC and no slaves were in the North. So I could care less about Slavery. I also think people getting free tuition in universities because their ancestors were slaves is fucking wrong. I hope you choke and die in university with that free tuition too. I didn't get any free tuition. I would have had to go to Oklahoma for that, or NC and even then it wouldn't have been a free ride all the way through like many uni's are doing now. Every race was enslaved at some point and it was only in the late 1700's, early 1800's that it was beginning to be seen as a bad thing. I'm not saying I support it, but I am saying it doesn't deserve all the fuss its getting now. It's done. Been done. Get over it. All it is now is people trying to get whatever free crap they can get while they can because people keep caving into their demands.

Ace_Arriande

Yeah, and everything you said, missed my point. MY post was based off of people reviewing only on emotional/moral standards. If you can't see that, than thats your problem. Get some reading comprehension bud. It'll take you places. That it went against the thread in general, sure I agree. But it was something I've noticed becoming common enough and and this thread was sort of similar in regards to what I was saying so I put it here. If you don't like it, then as my earlier statement said: Get over it.

You quoted AkalE and directly replied to them. If you weren't replying to their point, why bother quoting them? Now, if you just wanted to have a random little rant about your feelings in the thread, that'd be fine. Off-topic, sure, but I wouldn't have said you missed anybody's point. Like you said, reading comprehension. A normal person with reading comprehension is going to assume that you're replying to the point of the person who you quoted, not that you're talking in general about something unrelated to their point. Otherwise, why quote them? Also, it's kind of silly to tell others to get over something when you can't get over it yourself. If you want to have a discussion, we can have a discussion. But if your entire purpose is to leave a random rant in the middle of a thread while quoting somebody only to not even reply to the point that they're actually trying to make, why are you wasting your time and derailing the thread? Don't you have anything better to be doing that you would actually enjoy rather than constantly being offended over others being offended?

I think Ace Arriande was triggered over what I said LOL. Though I'm sure he'll backtrack and deny it. And yes, saying you don't care is a statement, not some irrefutable proof on the contrary. What kind of logic is that anyway Ace?

Yes, yes, I get it. "No, I don't care, YOU care. I'm not triggered, YOU'RE triggered. LOL." This exact copy-paste strawman has been popular all over the internet for the latter half of the past decade. As for me? Yes, I care. I'm a human being. It's natural to care about things. I wouldn't have replied to any of this if I didn't care. Triggered? You can believe that if you want. The word has lost pretty much all meaning anyways. So sure, I'm triggered. At least I can admit to my feelings, though, instead of pretending that I don't care about random people on the internet while going into emotional rants about them. I'm not afraid to admit that I actually have emotions that affect my decisions. I'm not going to backtrack on anything nor deny anything. And you're right, saying you don't care is a statement. But there's a difference between "I don't care" and going into multiple, off-topic paragraphs at random ranting about people being offended while insulting the people at question and repeating, over and over again, just how much you "don't care." Just kinda weird when somebody randomly types up a few paragraphs full of emotionally-charged language talking about how much they supposedly don't care about something while sounding exactly like the people they don't care about, ya know? Reading comprehension and all.

I mean stating that you don't care about someone's opinions is just a fact. A person cant say "you cared enough to respond to me tho" because that aint what was meant. What they meant was they dont give a rat's ass about your feelings. But if you say something they disagree with or like, its not that they care about you, but the ideas you put forth.

I absolutely agree with you. But like I said above, there's a difference between "I don't care" and writing multiple paragraphs full of emotionally-charged language while complaining about people doing that exact thing. But let's say that somebody can do that while genuinely not caring. Sure, we can pretend to believe them. In that case, it just makes them a hypocrite, either an unaware one or a self-aware one. But seriously, no matter how many times you say you don't care about something, if you write up a whole post whining about something while insulting the people at question, and then say again you don't actually care, ain't nobody gonna buy that. Well, I'd like to believe that nobody would buy that, but this is 2020. People buy that drinking bleach is good for them.

But for example, if I said "I don't care" after everything else I said, that's obviously bullshit. If I didn't care then I would have either not replied or I would have left a reply with far less effort. People should just admit that they're offended over others being offended, in my honest opinion. There's nothing wrong with being offended. It's a natural part of life. Even if somebody is offended over others being offended, it's okay to admit to that instead of pretending they don't care. We're all adults. We should own our emotions and our beliefs. The problem is when you go and try to cancel somebody's entire career because they say one little thing that offends you. People can fuck off with that. Being offended is fine. Forcing everybody to bend over backward to cater to your preferences isn't.

That aside. How far does tagging have to go? Cuz im not going to write over twenty tags detailing every little thing you might be offended over. Especially if its not a important bit of the story. Spoilers? Sure. That too. Could contain spoilers. But if you dislike BL and there is a gay couple, im not putting that fucking tag cuz thats not an important detail. The gay couple isnt important either most likely. And you may hate the story just for having that aspect in it even if its so unimportant.

Thats unreasonable bullshit. People who nitpick like that are just cunts. Its not bad to hate aspects like that in a story. Butnfor fucks sake if its not a big part of the story and is inconsequential, maybe even never mentioned again, dont be so pissy over it.

If you do see a tag you dont like, dont read. If you dont see it but it has the idea in the story, you are free to bitch about it. Yeah. But the point is, it doesnt belong in a review

Ideally reviews are unbiased. If there are specific sections for a review, maybe dont concentrate on the one thing you hated. Like the BL example i gave. Cuz thats also annoying bullshit. you gotta be fair. Not just talk Bout the parts you hated, especially if those parts arent an important aspect of the story

It's okay in comment sections. Not in a review section.

Yeah, I agree. I'm in the camp of not tagging stuff that people would probably appreciate tags for because I refuse to spoil and tag every single thing in my story. But if somebody leaves me a negative review over that, I'm not going to be bothered, personally. I've already got plenty like that. I included serious topics that could potentially be triggering for people, and I didn't warn them beforehand because I believed it would lessen the impact and be a spoiler. If it upsets people to the point of negatively reviewing me, that's fine. All reviews are left out of emotion in the first place seeing as how it's impossible to objectively review something.

But really, it's complicated. I don't think there's a perfect solution to it and I don't know of any better solutions that could be proposed. I don't like tagging things either, especially when it comes to things that shouldn't be controversial but are. Like how I've gotten hate mail several times for having gay side characters in a series. Or how that one story on RR got super review-bombed because of a single gay kiss out of the entire story that didn't even have a serious effect on anything. Should that person have tagged that it would have a gay kiss in it or give a warning? In my opinion, absolutely not.

I do agree, though, that something shouldn't be the subject of a review if it's just a minor part of the story. That was why I tried to include some pretty damn extreme examples in my post - examples that completely alter the course of the story rather than just being some tiny little thing. If somebody gets offended over one random thing on one page out of the entire book, and they leave a review because of that, then it's an utterly trash review and they should spend their time doing other things that they actually enjoy in life. But if a story completely pulls the rug out from under you and suddenly the entire second half of it is full of offensive content that had absolutely zero warning? If that inspires somebody to leave a review, that's perfectly fair, imo. Like I said, a romance story that reveals itself to actually be NTR a few chapters in. That's time you invested into something that was falsely advertised and that offended you because you don't like NTR. If somebody leaves a review complaining that it's NTR and saying that they don't like NTR in a story that looked like it was supposed to be about a happy relationship, then isn't that fair considering that there was zero mention of NTR until it happened? Time is valuable, especially when we live in an age where people feel pressured to constantly make the most of their time. If somebody's expectations are betrayed in an offensive way, after they spent their valuable time on it, then they're entitled to be upset. If anything, we could even see this as a good, positive thing to do because they might spare others from the same fate, resulting in greater overall happiness while also preventing like-minded people from buying the book and also leaving negative reviews.

To me, anyways, negatively reviewing something because it has content you find offensive is no worse than leaving a poor review because of bad grammar, stupid plot, or boring characters, or whatever else. All of that is founded off of personal opinion. But, just as a disclaimer, I genuinely believe it's impossible to be objective or unbiased when it comes to reviewing fiction or any other sort of art. It is all 100% subjective. Being offended is 100% subjective. Thinking a plot and characters are boring is 100% subjective. They're of equal worth to me. There's just also a sliding scale of how legitimate somebody's complaint is depending on the frequency of what they're complaining about within the story. Getting offended over one mention of Jesus in an entire book? Stupid and waste of time, go read something else instead of whining. Getting offended because the atheist book you're reading starts preaching religion and trying to convert you halfway through? Yeah, you should leave a negative review because it offended you.

We could have a whole srguement where we cuss each other out and if ya crack a joke i'll make one back no hard feelings and we can go about our day
fck u dumb b!tch

It doesn't matter to me if he remains friendly with me in the future.
I consider myself being friendly to you even now. I'm just, as far as I'm concerned, pointing out something that I think is pretty silly = P. I genuinely love having these sorts of discussions with people. Also whenever people bring up others getting offended, if somebody doesn't take the other side, then the thread just devolves into furious circlejerking and cum splashing everywhere while laughing at those silly triggered SJWs.

Of course, the thread ended up getting derailed anyways in the time that it took me to actually type up this response. I ain't even gonna bother replying to the new topic since then I actually am going to start sounding triggered.

Discount_Blade

You quoted AkalE and directly replied to them. If you weren't replying to their point, why bother quoting them? Now, if you just wanted to have a random little rant about your feelings in the thread, that'd be fine. Off-topic, sure, but I wouldn't have said you missed anybody's point. Like you said, reading comprehension. A normal person with reading comprehension is going to assume that you're replying to the point of the person who you quoted, not that you're talking in general about something unrelated to their point. Otherwise, why quote them? Also, it's kind of silly to tell others to get over something when you can't get over it yourself. If you want to have a discussion, we can have a discussion. But if your entire purpose is to leave a random rant in the middle of a thread while quoting somebody only to not even reply to the point that they're actually trying to make, why are you wasting your time and derailing the thread? Don't you have anything better to be doing that you would actually enjoy rather than constantly being offended over others being offended?

Yes, yes, I get it. "No, I don't care, YOU care. I'm not triggered, YOU'RE triggered. LOL." This exact copy-paste strawman has been popular all over the internet for the latter half of the past decade. As for me? Yes, I care. I'm a human being. It's natural to care about things. I wouldn't have replied to any of this if I didn't care. Triggered? You can believe that if you want. The word has lost pretty much all meaning anyways. So sure, I'm triggered. At least I can admit to my feelings, though, instead of pretending that I don't care about random people on the internet while going into emotional rants about them. I'm not afraid to admit that I actually have emotions that affect my decisions. I'm not going to backtrack on anything nor deny anything. And you're right, saying you don't care is a statement. But there's a difference between "I don't care" and going into multiple, off-topic paragraphs at random ranting about people being offended while insulting the people at question and repeating, over and over again, just how much you "don't care." Just kinda weird when somebody randomly types up a few paragraphs full of emotionally-charged language talking about how much they supposedly don't care about something while sounding exactly like the people they don't care about, ya know? Reading comprehension and all.

I absolutely agree with you. But like I said above, there's a difference between "I don't care" and writing multiple paragraphs full of emotionally-charged language while complaining about people doing that exact thing. But let's say that somebody can do that while genuinely not caring. Sure, we can pretend to believe them. In that case, it just makes them a hypocrite, either an unaware one or a self-aware one. But seriously, no matter how many times you say you don't care about something, if you write up a whole post whining about something while insulting the people at question, and then say again you don't actually care, ain't nobody gonna buy that. Well, I'd like to believe that nobody would buy that, but this is 2020. People buy that drinking bleach is good for them.

But for example, if I said "I don't care" after everything else I said, that's obviously bullshit. If I didn't care then I would have either not replied or I would have left a reply with far less effort. People should just admit that they're offended over others being offended, in my honest opinion. There's nothing wrong with being offended. It's a natural part of life. Even if somebody is offended over others being offended, it's okay to admit to that instead of pretending they don't care. We're all adults. We should own our emotions and our beliefs. The problem is when you go and try to cancel somebody's entire career because they say one little thing that offends you. People can fuck off with that. Being offended is fine. Forcing everybody to bend over backward to cater to your preferences isn't.

Yeah, I agree. I'm in the camp of not tagging stuff that people would probably appreciate tags for because I refuse to spoil and tag every single thing in my story. But if somebody leaves me a negative review over that, I'm not going to be bothered, personally. I've already got plenty like that. I included serious topics that could potentially be triggering for people, and I didn't warn them beforehand because I believed it would lessen the impact and be a spoiler. If it upsets people to the point of negatively reviewing me, that's fine. All reviews are left out of emotion in the first place seeing as how it's impossible to objectively review something.

But really, it's complicated. I don't think there's a perfect solution to it and I don't know of any better solutions that could be proposed. I don't like tagging things either, especially when it comes to things that shouldn't be controversial but are. Like how I've gotten hate mail several times for having gay side characters in a series. Or how that one story on RR got super review-bombed because of a single gay kiss out of the entire story that didn't even have a serious effect on anything. Should that person have tagged that it would have a gay kiss in it or give a warning? In my opinion, absolutely not.

I do agree, though, that something shouldn't be the subject of a review if it's just a minor part of the story. That was why I tried to include some pretty damn extreme examples in my post - examples that completely alter the course of the story rather than just being some tiny little thing. If somebody gets offended over one random thing on one page out of the entire book, and they leave a review because of that, then it's an utterly trash review and they should spend their time doing other things that they actually enjoy in life. But if a story completely pulls the rug out from under you and suddenly the entire second half of it is full of offensive content that had absolutely zero warning? If that inspires somebody to leave a review, that's perfectly fair, imo. Like I said, a romance story that reveals itself to actually be NTR a few chapters in. That's time you invested into something that was falsely advertised and that offended you because you don't like NTR. If somebody leaves a review complaining that it's NTR and saying that they don't like NTR in a story that looked like it was supposed to be about a happy relationship, then isn't that fair considering that there was zero mention of NTR until it happened? Time is valuable, especially when we live in an age where people feel pressured to constantly make the most of their time. If somebody's expectations are betrayed in an offensive way, after they spent their valuable time on it, then they're entitled to be upset. If anything, we could even see this as a good, positive thing to do because they might spare others from the same fate, resulting in greater overall happiness while also preventing like-minded people from buying the book and also leaving negative reviews.

To me, anyways, negatively reviewing something because it has content you find offensive is no worse than leaving a poor review because of bad grammar, stupid plot, or boring characters, or whatever else. All of that is founded off of personal opinion. But, just as a disclaimer, I genuinely believe it's impossible to be objective or unbiased when it comes to reviewing fiction or any other sort of art. It is all 100% subjective. Being offended is 100% subjective. Thinking a plot and characters are boring is 100% subjective. They're of equal worth to me. There's just also a sliding scale of how legitimate somebody's complaint is depending on the frequency of what they're complaining about within the story. Getting offended over one mention of Jesus in an entire book? Stupid and waste of time, go read something else instead of whining. Getting offended because the atheist book you're reading starts preaching religion and trying to convert you halfway through? Yeah, you should leave a negative review because it offended you.

fck u dumb b!tch

I consider myself being friendly to you even now. I'm just, as far as I'm concerned, pointing out something that I think is pretty silly = P. I genuinely love having these sorts of discussions with people. Also whenever people bring up others getting offended, if somebody doesn't take the other side, then the thread just devolves into furious circlejerking and cum splashing everywhere while laughing at those silly triggered SJWs.

Of course, the thread ended up getting derailed anyways in the time that it took me to actually type up this response. I ain't even gonna bother replying to the new topic since then I actually am going to start sounding triggered.
Whether I quoted them or not, my post still wasn't directly in response to them, but my own observations. We will have to agree to disagree with the rest because when I say I don't care, it's not some thinly veiled hint saying otherwise. Your long post saying otherwise doesn't change that. And that's all I'm saying on that because it's unimportant and you'll still suspect otherwise irregardless to what I say so why bother? Thus I won't be investing anymore energy and interest in responding to the accusation. You missed my point, and I'm not invested enough to continue trying to explain otherwise. It's self defeating to my original purpose. I mean, don't you have anything better to do beyond missing my point and failing to comprehend what you read?

I know I do. I'm really heavy into some procrastinating from writing. Backlogged with it even.

And no, I've never been upset about this. And I hope you werent either.

Last edited:

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
LOL. You sure? I have no opinion either way. My ancestors were Cherokee and Lumbee mixture, so we were treated just as bad as any slave. I have no ancestors that kept slaves, and I grew up in NYC, and my Cherokee and Lumbee family migrated to NYC in the early 1700's. long before the civil war, even before the Trail of Tears with Andrew JAckson forced many of my people west. Irish is in my family too but it doesn't become prominent until the early 1800's when in NYC and no slaves were in the North. So I could care less about Slavery. I also think people getting free tuition in universities because their ancestors were slaves is fucking wrong. I hope you choke and die in university with that free tuition too. I didn't get any free tuition. I would have had to go to Oklahoma for that, or NC and even then it wouldn't have been a free ride all the way through like many uni's are doing now. Every race was enslaved at some point and it was only in the late 1700's, early 1800's that it was beginning to be seen as a bad thing. I'm not saying I support it, but I am saying it doesn't deserve all the fuss its getting now. It's done. Been done. Get over it. All it is now is people trying to get whatever free crap they can get while they can because people keep caving into their demands.
See? We are already on opposing sides! You dont care, i want to enslave you and make you wash my feet. Mexicans and natives should especially be enslaved again in my book. Fucking Mexicans. Taking my food. Every time i make tamales my sister comes to eat it all. The fat bitch. Im half Mexican btw.

Fucking Indians. Always eating my tortillas. Yes my main gripes with them are food related. Sue me. I have had enough of them taking whats mine!

Especially enslave the sexy latina bitches. I mean look at DAT ASS YO. Btw you know a lot about your heritage. Haha. Makes me feel bad. Im a Tohono O'odham myself and know fuck all about my culture. Or my Mexican side for that matter.
images (1).jpeg

Discount_Blade

See? We are already on opposing sides! You dont care, i want to enslave you and make you wash my feet. Mexicans and natives should especially be enslaved again in my book. Fucking Mexicans. Taking my food. Every time i make tamales my sister comes to eat it all. The fat bitch. Im half Mexican btw.

Fucking Indians. Always eating my tortillas. Yes my main gripes with them are food related. Sue me. I have had enough of them taking whats mine!

Especially enslave the sexy latina bitches. I mean look at DAT ASS YO. Btw you know a lot about your heritage. Haha. Makes me feel bad. Im a Tohono O'odham myself and know fuck all about my culture. Or my Mexican side for that matter.
View attachment 3259
Its funny as hell that Mexican food is my favorite food. So yeah, pretty sure I'm gonna jack you for your tortillas. Duel at dawn? Pistols or rapier? And man....most women I've dated were hispanic...so this picture does a lot of...."things" for me. I would have to say latina's are my preferred woman.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Its funny as hell that Mexican food is my favorite food. So yeah, pretty sure I'm gonna jack you for your tortillas. Duel at dawn? Pistols or rapier? And man....most women I've dated were hispanic...so this picture does a lot of...."things" for me. I would have to say latina's are my preferred woman.
Mud wrestle you fucking troglodytes

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Its funny as hell that Mexican food is my favorite food. So yeah, pretty sure I'm gonna jack you for your tortillas. Duel at dawn? Pistols or rapier?
We use other people. Like men
69a.jpg

Now....
tenor.png

And yeah cuz a hot latina are some of the sexiest, thiccest women on the planet. Just natural milfs.

fck u dumb b!tch

See? Reasonable. Also you dont have to feel you have to follow the thread's current topic in one of my threads, m'dude. If you wanna respond to something go ahead, dont let the current topic dissuade ya.
Also, the solution is simple; people need to start being reasonable chaps like us.

We understand what we should and shouldnt do. We know where to bitch about something, and where NOT to bitch about something. If everyone could just stop being unreasonable cunts then these wont be problems.

Its exactly like you said. Being offended is alright, but don't try making everyone bend backwards for you. Disliking a story for SOME ASPECT is okay, but dont leave a review focusing on only that especially if in truth that aspect is a very small part of the story. Just bitch about it elsewhere, or if you cant just shut the fuck up about and dont mislead people by reviewing it in a way that misrepresents the story.

These are very simple common sense things. But the only problem is people are so damn....like i dunno man. Childish? Yeah. Picky. Whiny. Unfair.

Gotta knock that shit off.

BenJepheneT

See? Reasonable. Also you dont have to feel you have to follow the thread's current topic in one of my threads, m'dude. If you wanna respond to something go ahead, dont let the current topic dissuade ya.
Also, the solution is simple; people need to start being reasonable chaps like us.

We understand what we should and shouldnt do. We know where to bitch about something, and where NOT to bitch about something. If everyone could just stop being unreasonable cunts then these wont be problems.

Its exactly like you said. Being offended is alright, but don't try making everyone bend backwards for you. Disliking a story for SOME ASPECT is okay, but dont leave a review focusing on only that especially if in truth that aspect is a very small part of the story. Just bitch about it elsewhere, or if you cant just shut the fuck up about and dont mislead people by reviewing it in a way that misrepresents the story.

These are very simple common sense things. But the only problem is people are so damn....like i dunno man. Childish? Yeah. Picky. Whiny. Unfair.

Gotta knock that shit off
Bottom line is, if you really want to give your thoughts on something you already knew you'd hate yourself, acknowledge your bias and don't be an absolute wet pair of socks about it.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

Ready when you are hombre
FOR THE HORDE!

*throws sand in your eyes and runs away*

Ha! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! Assuming i play fair, and am not a coward! Take that!

Fufu. You aint gettin MY damn tortillas, Native scum.

Bottom line is, if you really want to give your thoughts on something you already knew you'd hate yourself, acknowledge your bias and don't be an absolute wet pair of socks about it.

Exactly.

BenJepheneT

FOR THE HORDE!

*throws sand in your eyes and runs away*

Ha! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! Assuming i play fair, and am not a coward! Take that!

Fufu. You aint gettin MY damn tortillas, Native scum.
Just plant some corn damn you guys are exactly why Murica felt the need to colonize your asses

Ace_Arriande

Honestly, that's an insult to children. Children might cry and pout for a few minutes, but they'll almost always get over it or you can become their best friend again by offering them some ice cream. Adults? Now, adults are the ones who will try to destroy your career over one tiny thing you did that they don't like. Children don't do that. Heck, children are usually more open-minded and less biased than adults are.

AkalE

Personally, I'm pretty exhausted with sensitive children whining about their feelings being hurt. Not saying you do, but personally, I dont care about your feelings. I dont know you, I'm fairly sure I never will and therefore dont care about you. You are another empty face with a username in a vast sea of anonymity. Me and that person in question might become somewhat friendly at some point, but initially no, you are an empty voice. Writing reviews based on pure emotional factors and nothing else, is a pretty high expression of egotism and arrogance since those who do, do so because they expect their emotions to be paid attention to and accepted just because. Yeah no screw you. No one has to care just because your wittle feelings were hurt. No one's opinions and beliefs have to be accepted just because they are important to you or whomever. The posers and fakes who pretend to care/support and usually only do so momentarily because they agree with something you expressed, not because they actually care. If someone targeted me because I offended them, my response would be, get over it wuss. Expend that energy somewhere else to someone else who gives a damn.

Racism cannot be condemned. Just because it is in a twitter post and they have not uttered the racist slurs doesn't make it alright. You cannot be a racist or support racism.

NOTE:
Did I miss your point and does my ramblings sound pointless?

Of course I am not saying you are a racist just because I quoted you. I WAS JUST MAKING MY OWN OBSERVATIONS.

Just like you did.

Whether I quoted them or not, my post still wasn't directly in response to them, but my own observations. We will have to agree to disagree with the rest because when I say I don't care, it's not some thinly veiled hint saying otherwise.

I cannot believe we have to discuss what quoting and replying to someone even means. But so be it.

AkalE

I don't know about you. But most authors write because they want to be recognized. They want their work to be read and enjoyed. And maybe even make a few bucks off it.

I agree that people should not read something that they know/ anticipate they will not enjoy.

But there are certain standards that people expect. If I picked up a book with a man with a pipe and a bowler head walking out of a hazy smoke with the title that reads "Sherlock Holmes" and the synopsis reads that it is a story of a detective as he solves cases. But than it turns out to be a smut, I presume a lot of people would be pissed.
Similarly if a book specifically targets a group of people specifically that is problematic in and of itself.

This has nothing to do with people getting offended about a gay couple in a story or an off handed scene which doesn't have anything to do with the plot itself. That is just stupid.

Ask yourself this. If you ordered a shirt but instead get a sex-toy, would you rate the product a five-star?