Trending is confusing af

The_Lonely_Guy

Isn't it great to be on the trending list on the home page?
But the criteria to be on that list is....?
I guess no one knows.

Or does someone?

If you know it, tell me. You can even throw your theories in the comment section.

longer

Balls
The general criteria is a spike in readers and or views, I think favorites might have some impact. Generally the key is sudden growth. Pretty sure there are a lot of older threads that have already answered this to great detail.

Also, if we ever do figure out the exact algorithm for trending then Tony will change it. So let's just leave it vague lest we draw the ire of the almighty.

The_Lonely_Guy

The general criteria is a spike in readers and or views, I think favorites might have some impact. Generally the key is sudden growth. Pretty sure there are a lot of older threads that have already answered this to great detail.

Also, if we ever do figure out the exact algorithm for trending then Tony will change it. So let's just leave it vague lest we draw the ire of the almighty.
I had 42 views on 4th. Posted a chapter on 5th and had 313 views. Posted again on 6th and had 611 views. (I have only posted 16 chapters)

As for readers. On 4th - 0 new readers, 5th - 4 and 6th - 8 new readers

And favourites. 4th - 0 , 5th - 14 and 6th - 28.

I have posted one chapter today as well. I hope some miracle happens.

longer

Balls
I had 42 views on 4th. Posted a chapter on 5th and had 313 views. Posted again on 6th and had 611 views. (I have only posted 16 chapters)

As for readers. On 4th - 0 new readers, 5th - 4 and 6th - 8 new readers

And favourites. 4th - 0 , 5th - 14 and 6th - 28.

I have posted one chapter today as well. I hope some miracle happens.
Consistently posting works very well in the long run. Plus you have good tags: harem and ecchi. So there's a good chance you'll hit trending eventually. There are plenty of horny people on this site after all.

The_Lonely_Guy

Consistently posting works very well in the long run. Plus you have good tags: harem and ecchi. So there's a good chance you'll hit trending eventually. There are plenty of horny people on this site after all.
That could be the case, but I have seen a few examples where they posted after a month or two and the next day or the day after they are trending.
I guess there is some way to slip a couple of bucks from the back door.:ROFLMAO:

longer

Balls
That could be the case, but I have seen a few examples where they posted after a month or two and the next day or the day after they are trending.
I guess there is some way to slip a couple of bucks from the back door.:ROFLMAO:
That works because it's sudden growth. You go from roughly 20 views to a few hundred which launches you to trending. Keep in mind this is not sustainable and the overall amount of views will be much much lower than consistently posting.

The_Lonely_Guy

That works because it's sudden growth. You go from roughly 20 views to a few hundred which launches you to trending. Keep in mind this is not sustainable and the overall amount of views will be much much lower than consistently posting.
That's true, but it does help boost the number of readers. I am sure once on the home page you can easily get 30-40 readers.

The_Lonely_Guy

Don't worry about trending until you can pull off 1000-1500 pageviews in a single day from a chapter(s) release. That should give you a general idea of the starting point.
Yup. Last week I went past 1000 pageviews a day and this week it's constantly between 450-650 views a day.

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
Yup. Last week I went past 1000 pageviews a day and this week it's constantly between 450-650 views a day.
I meant consistently. You aren't trying to hit a specific "threshold" you are competing with other stories' daily rankings. Somedays the popular stories all line up and you need some exceptional numbers to challenge the top 9. Sometimes you are lucky and the cut-off is less. However, by less I still mean 1500+ views in a day. If you can do it on a consistent basis, eventually you will hit a day when you will be among the top 9 for that specific day

D

Deleted member 54065

First rule about the Trending list, is never talk about the Trending list.