Turn based combat

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Another good (bad?) idea! The old dragon quest menu where you had to click through multiple pages just to inspect something.

"Menu. Actions. Interact! ... No reaction. It's just a corpse."

Redemit

Another good (bad?) idea! The old dragon quest menu where you had to click through multiple pages just to inspect something.
No even worse You have to type out all commands to operate the menu and figure out those commands yourself

melchi

What is a custom title?
Written works sorta have to be turned based. Even if they are not because sentences have to be read from beginning to end.

For example, if 5 characters are doing combat at the same time in a game this can be handled by a combat daemon. Whatever amount of time or rounds pass and it spits out the results who did what damage, how everyone's HP is holding etc.

Now if I wrote 5 paragraphs and instructed them to be read at the same time to a reader... how would that work out?

(A robot could prob do it, but humans can't split their mind like that)

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
Written works sorta have to be turned based. Even if they are not because sentences have to be read from beginning to end.

For example, if 5 characters are doing combat at the same time in a game this can be handled by a combat daemon. Whatever amount of time or rounds pass and it spits out the results who did what damage, how everyone's HP is holding etc.

Now if I wrote 5 paragraphs and instructed them to be read at the same time to a reader... how would that work out?

(A robot could prob do it, but humans can't split their mind like that)
Except it isn't the same.

Bearlyalive impaled Melchi with a spear. At the same time, Sailus stabbed TotallyHuman.

Turn-based combat writing would be more different.

melchi

What is a custom title?
Except it isn't the same.

Bearlyalive impaled Melchi with a spear. At the same time, Sailus stabbed TotallyHuman.

Turn-based combat writing would be more different.
Even if it says it is at the same time, Barelyalive's actions will be perceived before Sailus's. Also, mixing actors is paragraphs like that is bad paragraphing.

lilwriter

I think it would be interesting(and funny) to see someone write a litrpg where the system forces it's subjects to adhere to turn based combat rules

Imagine being reincarnated into a fantasy world with RPG elements only to find out it's turn based constraints

I imagine this would be either hilarious or horrifying but probably both to be honest🤣
No lie this is my nightmare. MORE restrictions in life??? Ugh

Alski

I think it would be interesting(and funny) to see someone write a litrpg where the system forces it's subjects to adhere to turn based combat rules

Imagine being reincarnated into a fantasy world with RPG elements only to find out it's turn based constraints

I imagine this would be either hilarious or horrifying but probably both to be honest🤣
Reminds me of the Two Year Emperor story. Guy gets summoned in to a world, made ruler of one of its countries, and stuffed with knowledge on how the world works(read as written) which is very much modeled after Dungeons & Dragons 3 with its 6 seconds per combat round :ROFLMAO: