Was 'My next life as a Villainess: all routes lead to doom!' a GL anime?

Zinless

How do I
I wouldn't call it a GL, but it has the vibes of both Otome and GL

Succubiome

The anime is like, pretty baity, but most of the M/F romances are baity too, except the extremely pushy guy-- haven't read the novel, though. She accidentally seduces every possible target.

Basically I saw it as a clueless-about-romance biromantic girl MC harem show.

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
Its a reverse harem for sure but it has GL elements too although its wholesome GL since its just a group of friends playing around and talking about their interests kinda like Love Live, Bang Dream and K-ON! but without the music. I could probably list more with the same elements but it would take too long.

You also have to consider that the MC completed the game with all routes unlocked and trying to avoid being banished from the kingdom. Plus, she didn't transmigrate or isekaid. She was reincarnated to be the Villainess herself.

Succubiome

Quite a few of the girls in "My Next Life As Villainess" are pretty clearly heavily into the MC/jealous of the MC/etc, even if some sublimate it for social mores and the MC herself is totally clueless about it, which made it feel less baity to me, especially since the MC is clueless about romance in general. But also essentially means a lot of one-sided crushes, rather than reciprocation of any sort-- MC is just innocently happy to have a lot of friends she cares about. I feel like it does also treat the girl's crushes (as a group) as a bit less seriously than the guy's crushes (as a group) at times, though.
Also I'm feeling like she's going to end up with the forceful guy who abuses his power to get time and intimacy with her, because he's the only one she's aware of liking her in that way.

...I feel like I should mention that "The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady" is a pretty yuri isekai anime with a "villainess downfall trope"-y love interest, since it's a little adjacent in concept if not execution.

I've only watched episode 9, but it's pretty good as far as I've gotten.

EDIT: The MC of Magical Revolution is an uncloseted and unashamed lesbian who will openly hit on her love interest, which makes everything else in the show hit a bit different for me.

KoolAidDogan

Should've been, but it never went anywhere, from what I've read about it. The blonde otome protagonist girl pretty clearly stated her thoughts, but the brunette actual main character girl is as 'dense' as anime protagonists tend to be, so... yeah. The blonde prince guy is a piece of shit though, can say that much with certainty. There's another one with kind of a... similar-ish premise where the villainess is the main character who gets chased down by the otome protagonist that actually has its relationship develop... "Please Bully Me, Ms Villainess!"

Succubiome

There's another one with kind of a... similar-ish premise where the villainess is the main character who gets chased down by the otome protagonist that actually has its relationship develop... "Please Bully Me, Ms Villainess!"
I read a fair bit of the manhua for "Please Bully Me, Ms Villainess!", it was pretty fun.

Raymann

Da_Villainess™ (¬‿¬)ψ
...I feel like I should mention that "The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady" is a pretty yuri isekai anime with a "villainess downfall trope"-y love interest, since it's a little adjacent in concept if not execution.

I've only watched episode 9, but it's pretty good as far as I've gotten.

EDIT: The MC of Magical Revolution is an uncloseted and unashamed lesbian who will openly hit on her love interest, which makes everything else in the show hit a bit different for me.
Yes, "The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady". I also watched it. Though I was bit disappointed by its arc ending. The part where *
wait ep 9 then shouldn't click the spoiler button I am gonna place below.

you pressed it didn't you. Sigh.....her brother prince is the villain

(~ button don't press)

Last edited:

dummycake

Already daydreamed about this interaction
Should've been, but it never went anywhere, from what I've read about it. The blonde otome protagonist girl pretty clearly stated her thoughts, but the brunette actual main character girl is as 'dense' as anime protagonists tend to be, so... yeah. The blonde prince guy is a piece of shit though, can say that much with certainty. There's another one with kind of a... similar-ish premise where the villainess is the main character who gets chased down by the otome protagonist that actually has its relationship develop... "Please Bully Me, Ms Villainess!"
THAT ONE IS REALLY GOOD I LOVE IT

Succubiome

Yes, "The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady". I also watched it. Though I was bit disappointed by its arc ending. The part where *
wait ep 9 then shouldn't click the spoiler button I am gonna place below.
I didn't click-- but I did reply to thank you for the spoiler, and then the spoiler showed up as text lol

I did actually already get to that part by ep 9-- there were parts I liked about that arc, but there were also really frustrating parts about it. Kinda curious to see what happens next to it, but I'll get there when I finish watching it with a friend.

But while there were story bits I was unsatisified with, I wasn't unsatisfied with the amount of yuri.

Me: Why the heck are you biting your own lip, you literally have blood pouring out of your... oh, you're doing it for a kiss. You're being gay about it. Okay, carry on.

ACertainPassingUser

Yuri bait, that were "genre aware" and making fun of it. The story is a non-serious comedy.

But I have my own personal take on it, if everything said in story were supossedly true (and someone got reincarnated there (?)).

In my opinion, it seems that the MC herself act stupid because she simply can't keep up her intelligence, decorum, and reasoning against those nobilities she befriend and accidentally seduces.

On the outside, she's a noblewoman with extraordinary influence among future bigshot of the kingdom.

But inside her circle, She essentially became her friend's unofficial private jester, a very beautiful, cute, and likeable kind jester at that.

Even after the nobility education she received from her family, she reverts back to her crude and disrespectful behavior due to the backing she received from her friends who didn't mind her crude behavior. They didn't try to stop it, they even encourage it.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I only read the 2 volumes on the WN, so I dunno much about what happens later on on the LN adaptation, but...

I can say that there was at least one female character that was definitely and totally in love with Bakarina.

I don't think this is the kind of novel that would lead to any definitive ending though. It would probably be left open-ended on purpose.

If it doesn't finish open-ended, then she'd probably marry the most likely candidate, which is the guy she was engaged to.