Watercolor Art

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Daiki- OC of a friend. https://twitter.com/Neverlessart
Annabeth- Art trade (yes, she's a doll)
Kek- OC of a friend. The metallic colors were sadly not imported well. https://www.instagram.com/little_berrycake712/

Last edited:

tiaf

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
I forgot to say this before, @tiaf but I like how you did your name/logo for your art.
(^-^)

X

Michuyu

Ahhh Watercolor is so hard >.< These are amazing though!

namio

Looks lovely! I really like the most recent two; lovely bamboos, by the way.
For the ones from August 2020, I noticed that you were already using cool and warm gradient in the rocks-- it looks really nice. My only comment would be, you should definitely try dip into more daring shadows and contrasts. The way you made the hair on the back of Luca's hair lighter (black mixed with purple?), you can definitely apply it to other parts of his robes. More contrast just helps with
The composition is already nice, though!

(Weird question but did you use ultramarine blue in Luca's darker purple, by any chance?)

tiaf

Looks lovely! I really like the most recent two; lovely bamboos, by the way.
For the ones from August 2020, I noticed that you were already using cool and warm gradient in the rocks-- it looks really nice. My only comment would be, you should definitely try dip into more daring shadows and contrasts. The way you made the hair on the back of Luca's hair lighter (black mixed with purple?), you can definitely apply it to other parts of his robes. More contrast just helps with
The composition is already nice, though!

(Weird question but did you use ultramarine blue in Luca's darker purple, by any chance?)
:blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww: Art tips, me like!
Gotta try to be more daring.

It could be that there was blue left on the mixing palette from the last time I mixed black and blue. It came too much black out of the tube and I still have to use it up :sweating_profusely:

I can’t tell which blue it is anymore but it should be ultramarine fine maybe also a bit Prussian blue :blob_hmm_two:

Others mix a max of 3 colors, yet here I am mixing colors with a mixed color :blob_sweat:

namio

:blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww: Art tips, me like!
Gotta try to be more daring.

It could be that there was blue left on the mixing palette from the last time I mixed black and blue. It came too much black out of the tube and I still have to use it up :sweating_profusely:

I can’t tell which blue it is anymore but it should be ultramarine fine maybe also a bit Prussian blue :blob_hmm_two:

Others mix a max of 3 colors, yet here I am mixing colors with a mixed color :blob_sweat:
You're doing a great job so far!

I like the tiny bit of granulation! Honestly, I think especially with darker colors having a mix can feel nicer than just having it flat, because sometimes some of that color shines through when you have different levels of opacity. In Luca's lower robes, I can see some darker bits that have a bit of a cooler shade to it, which felt pretty neat.
Psht, I mix so much honestly... For a while, I had like a 4-ish color mix for skin LOL It looked lovely, it's just that I changed palettes and didn't bother remixing them because my vermillion is sketchy and gets moldy really fast... Even now I regularly mix a whole bunch of colors. When I don't, I do a lot of glazing LOL (like 20+ layers and 5 different colors) (admittedly, my pieces aren't exactly the most vibrant in palettes)