Wattpad gets worse ~ not surprising

Lysander_Works

I am very close to canceling my profile on Wattpad. If I suddenly vanish from their platform, it should not be surprising. They are a failing website circling the drain and have been for a while in my opinion.
> Only two methods now allow me to load their site, and only one of those methods is usable for content creation (that being a very old browser). Looks like my days on there are numbered.

Lysander_Works

No, not locked out yet. Their site keeps loading about 99% and never finished to load enough for me to click any scripts or log in. Happened on multiple systems, multiple versions of firefox, etc. Only one old version of chrome browser and their official mobile app lets me log in (and I refuse to write on phones), so I'm down to a single point of control left.

I will submit a ticket again but their "support" has been nonexistent for a while and I've had other issues with them in the past. If I one day find that I cannot log in with any desktop system and they want to continue pushing their dumb app, I will just remove myself from their platform. It isn't a new feeling for me at all.

I've often read more recently how good Wattpad 'used to be' compared to more recent years. It certainly shows.

Edit: I clear my cookies regularly, thank you help-desk technician #909.

SMKenward

No, not locked out yet. Their site keeps loading about 99% and never finished to load enough for me to click any scripts or log in. Happened on multiple systems, multiple versions of firefox, etc. Only one old version of chrome browser and their official mobile app lets me log in (and I refuse to write on phones), so I'm down to a single point of control left.

I will submit a ticket again but their "support" has been nonexistent for a while and I've had other issues with them in the past. If I one day find that I cannot log in with any desktop system and they want to continue pushing their dumb app, I will just remove myself from their platform. It isn't a new feeling for me at all.

I've often read more recently how good Wattpad 'used to be' compared to more recent years. It certainly shows.

Edit: I clear my cookies regularly, thank you help-desk technician #909.
I've been using Opera which updates pretty frequently, almost weekly, and have never had that issue even with over 30 tabs open

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
They had some technical difficulties even before they banned me. When I got banned, I thought it was another technical difficulty at first. I could still access the forum for another day, so I reported the technical difficulty there, and maybe I sold myself out because I didn't realize it was a ban, and they had neglected to ban me on the forum. A mod on the forum told me that I had ben banned, and then a couple of hours later, I could not access the forum anymore.

NineHeadHeavenDevouringSerpent

Never used Wattpad unfortunately or fortunately, just knowing based on hearsay and second hand experience I don't think I missed anything good either.

Only few brands can survive for decades, and even they have periods of waning. So maybe it is just a ruff patch, and it's not as pad as everybody thinks?

Pixytokisaki14

Half Kitsune Half Succubus
Never used Wattpad unfortunately or fortunately, just knowing based on hearsay and second hand experience I don't think I missed anything good either.
Oh lucky you.
You didn't have to scroll past stories like
(Fem Y/n x Highschool dxd) Or (Saiyan reader x Azur Lane)
*Grabs my luger*
Tell Babushka i love her @Simple_Russian_Boi
:blob_neutral:💥🔫
X_X