Webnovel lol

TheDerpieGod

A Well-Known Daddy.
I posted my story on there yesterday and somehow got around 24k views. HOW? not to mention I only have like a couple of comments. Just asked support and hit with the "and whats wrong with that?" he said it might be a bug.

TheDerpieGod

A Well-Known Daddy.
Suffering from Success I suppose
2424312_so.jpg

KrisVFX

God of Creation
I posted my story on there yesterday and somehow got around 24k views. HOW? not to mention I only have like a couple of comments. Just asked support and hit with the "and whats wrong with that?" he said it might be a bug.
Yeah, webnovel has a large reader base but they also encourage authors to post more by adding those 'views.'
You might be wondering if those views are fake? Well, yes and no.
Webnovel counts views, as every reader who has seen your page, seen one chapter and more. So if you refresh your page 100 times, you'll be getting 25 views for each refresh or sth like that.

(these are experiments from what I have found, so not everything i mentioned may be true.)

aimless

Wanderer of Forums
People LOVE anime fanfics there, I’ve seen multiple 2-week old fanfics get millions of views

Western42

....I may be Insane....
May or may not be. I have 37.99k people who viewed Zenar 24 on that website, and it seems to be the biggest webnovel website out there. (Which is both ironic and a pun!)

loppol

So basically the views on webnovel are fake.

Everytime I reload the page that my series is on, boom, more view.

So my friends got an auto clicker and I reached 200k, not bad.

Temple

Is it a contracted story? Uncontracted stories don't have any visibility that you'd have to ask yourself how are people finding you if you're uncontracted.

K5Rakitan

Level 35 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
My fanfic did that too, but I didn't get any comments in that initial flood of views, so I think it's just bots trying to make you feel more confident about your story.

TheDerpieGod

A Well-Known Daddy.
My fanfic did that too, but I didn't get any comments in that initial flood of views, so I think it's just bots trying to make you feel more confident about your story.
Seems stupid, I'm not looking for empty views. Might even make me feel bad that my view count is so bad, the site feels the need to give me confidence.
Much rather have accurate stats so i could really see how my book is doing.
Also for some reason, my inbox is just filled with stuff about other ppls succsess.

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
Seems stupid, I'm not looking for empty views. Might even make me feel bad that my view count is so bad, the site feels the need to give me confidence.
Much rather have accurate stats so i could really see how my book is doing.
Also for some reason, my inbox is just filled with stuff about other ppls succsess.
The site isn’t so nice to give you confidence, the site does it to give you an author high off numbers getting big to get you addicted and continue pumping out free content for them at no cost. It’s just them dangling a carrot on a stick for you to mindlessly chase after, that’s all it is.

Temple

A couple years ago, before the site completely turned evil and uncontracted stories still had some visibility, I can really say that RR is bigger than them in traffic. So with uncontracted stories having no visibility, those are probably bots

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
The reading gods look favorably upon thee and thy work.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Someone stole my crappy fan-fiction and posted it on web novel.com and it got 1.3M views lol