Well, I'm here again? (Sharing stories while it's approaching end of year)

ChaosGodOfJashin

The Chaos God of The Towers
Welcome back.
Thanks!:)
Well, it's been quite back from around october, but somehow I actually passed and got into the finals in my national debate championship.
That shit is crazy, though. I learnt a lot from that and got my first experience flying on a plane! It's also my first experience going far from home for that long. Well it is fun though not gonna lie!
I learnt a lot from others, improved my own philosophy, and also made some friends! This year is obviously a very dramatic rollercoaster especially those who knows my history, but I don't regret anything and next year I'll improve myself even more!

SailusGebel

Well, it's been quite back from around october, but somehow I actually passed and got into the finals in my national debate championship.
That shit is crazy, though. I learnt a lot from that and got my first experience flying on a plane! It's also my first experience going far from home for that long. Well it is fun though not gonna lie!
I learnt a lot from others, improved my own philosophy, and also made some friends! This year is obviously a very dramatic rollercoaster especially those who knows my history, but I don't regret anything and next year I'll improve myself even more!
Good job and keep at it!

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
Hello! It's been, I think 9-10 months since I last been here! Well safe to say this year had been a rollercoaster for me! And since it's the end of the year, let's share some stories!!
Welcome! I came after you, so nice to meet an older denizen!
I had my first psychotic fit (no one, other than myself, were harmed nor was there any, even possibly implied, threat of injury. Again, other than to myself:blobthumbsup::blobthumbsup:) ever due to an unfortunate interaction between my generalized anxiety disorder, a depressive episode, and my beloved coffee... not working well with my new medication, to put it lightly.:blob_joy:
Got fired...:sweating_profusely:
Yeah...:sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
Welcome back!

Hm...stories... I got one. I discovered that scientists can be one of the most superstitious folks out there. By some miracle, I got myself a position in a cancer/drugs research laboratory, and, well, Adeptus Mechanicus wasn't that off. That machine won't work unless you give it exactly two slaps to the right side. That stylus needs to be angled a certain way. That computer was here before any of us, running on window 7, and cannot be upgraded as the software we used is not compatible with newer OS, and will most likely be here for another decade or so. That machine there, never, ever turning it off, unless you want to go through the entire process of starting it up takes forever.

See that -80C freezer there? That is where we store our biological samples, so please, PLEASE, pray to the gods almighty that it will not malfunction and destroy years and millions of dollars of research, again. (There was a power outage, and the backup generator failed to start. Over the Thanksgiving break, and by the time we discovered, there was a large foul puddle on the floor, a carpet that was stained in all sorts of biological fluid, and millions of dollars of research lost)

TheMonotonePuppet

Welcome back!

Hm...stories... I got one. I discovered that scientists can be one of the most superstitious folks out there. By some miracle, I got myself a position in a cancer/drugs research laboratory, and, well, Adeptus Mechanicus wasn't that off. That machine won't work unless you give it exactly two slaps to the right side. That stylus needs to be angled a certain way. That computer was here before any of us, running on window 7, and cannot be upgraded as the software we used is not compatible with newer OS, and will most likely be here for another decade or so. That machine there, never, ever turning it off, unless you want to go through the entire process of starting it up takes forever.

See that -80C freezer there? That is where we store our biological samples, so please, PLEASE, pray to the gods almighty that it will not malfunction and destroy years and millions of dollars of research, again. (There was a power outage, and the backup generator failed to start. Over the Thanksgiving break, and by the time we discovered, there was a large foul puddle on the floor, a carpet that was stained in all sorts of biological fluid, and millions of dollars of research lost)
:s_eek::s_eek::s_eek::s_eek::blob_shock::blob_shock::blob_shock::blob_shock::blob_shock: HOLY SHIT!!! That's genuinely horrifying. I don't think there is any SCP that hurts me as deeply as hearing so much research was wasted. Genuinely painful to hear and makes my heart fucking plummet. STARSDAMN!

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
:s_eek::s_eek::s_eek::s_eek::blob_shock::blob_shock::blob_shock::blob_shock::blob_shock: HOLY SHIT!!! That's genuinely horrifying. I don't think there is any SCP that hurts me as deeply as hearing so much research was wasted. Genuinely painful to hear and makes my heart fucking plummet. STARSDAMN!
Oh, yeah, it was terrifying the day we came back to see that so much of our stuff was wasted. Luckily, most of the data were actually recorded. From what I heard, those ones were stored as a 'just in case we need to measure them at a later date' kind of thing. The procedures were well established, so we can re-do those experiments if need be, and half of the stuff that was destroyed was teaching material, i.e items that weren't considered good enough for research, but great for teaching. There was one set of data that was truly valuable, on the account that it belonged to a former researcher who wasn't there anymore, so we had to contact them to recover some data and procedures and stuff.

The world of scientific pursue is wild and weird, my friend, and those eccentric-mad scientist tropes? they are very real...I can see a few of my co-worker turning supervillains lol

Bobple

Hmmm... I don't real like feeling telling any of the stories form this year.

So instead, I got a story form last year Christmas.

As a family (Cause it was easier that way), we were all in one car going to the extended family Christmas party place.

On the way there, we passed a car accident (Looked very very very bad is all I'm going to say), with police, fire fighters, and ambulance all there, we had to slowly move past them, while some sort of emergency personal had us move around a certain part of the road.

As that happened though, out of a combination of something (I'm assuming nerves or something), my Mum said Merry Christmas to the emergency personal... yep... everyone in the car was extremely dumfounded. She just said it.... so joyfully and loudly.... with the worst accident I'd ever seen in person, so just close by....

LuoirM

Voidiris' enthusiast feet enjoyer.
Met one of the nicest friends that resonate with me and I can relate to that think I could have ever gotten, though it's difficult because we're different in genders and I lowkey wanna tap.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
This summer, the airport I volunteer at got hit by a drunk driver. The guy was going so fast he hit a concrete barrier, and launched off of it, landing half way up to the top of the hangar. Six months later and the insurance company still hasn’t paid out to the airport yet. My only interesting story from this year.

ChaosGodOfJashin

Oo
Welcome! I came after you, so nice to meet an older denizen!
I had my first psychotic fit (no one, other than myself, were harmed nor was there any, even possibly implied, threat of injury. Again, other than to myself:blobthumbsup::blobthumbsup:) ever due to an unfortunate interaction between my generalized anxiety disorder, a depressive episode, and my beloved coffee... not working well with my new medication, to put it lightly.:blob_joy:
Got fired...:sweating_profusely:
Yeah...:sweating_profusely:
Oof! Good luck recovering from that! Tone down the caffeine as well.. it might help with the anxiety but I'm no expert (coming from someone who is addicted to caffeine since 12:))
Welcome back!

Damn shit's crazy dude! Well.. with the sometimes incompetent government this shit's bound to happen sometimes
Hmmm... I don't real like feeling telling any of the stories form this year.

So instead, I got a story form last year Christmas.

As a family (Cause it was easier that way), we were all in one car going to the extended family Christmas party place.

On the way there, we passed a car accident (Looked very very very bad is all I'm going to say), with police, fire fighters, and ambulance all there, we had to slowly move past them, while some sort of emergency personal had us move around a certain part of the road.

As that happened though, out of a combination of something (I'm assuming nerves or something), my Mum said Merry Christmas to the emergency personal... yep... everyone in the car was extremely dumfounded. She just said it.... so joyfully and loudly.... with the worst accident I'd ever seen in person, so just close by....
Well.. that is something..:)
Met one of the nicest friends that resonate with me and I can relate to that think I could have ever gotten, though it's difficult because we're different in genders and I lowkey wanna tap.
Nice!
This summer, the airport I volunteer at got hit by a drunk driver. The guy was going so fast he hit a concrete barrier, and launched off of it, landing half way up to the top of the hangar. Six months later and the insurance company still hasn’t paid out to the airport yet. My only interesting story from this year.
How the fuck did that even happen man..

TheMonotonePuppet

Oo

Oof! Good luck recovering from that! Tone down the caffeine as well.. it might help with the anxiety but I'm no expert (coming from someone who is addicted to caffeine since 12:))
Definitely not having caffeine anymore. Can't have caffeine at all now, which is real sad. It was what kept me out of fatigue before I took the medication. But it's one or the other, and I choose the more effective medication!
When they interact, I get hyperstressed, really prone to panic attacks, paranoid, bad temper flares, and it also shortens how effective the medication is (which, when effective, gives me motivation to live, takes the edge off depression and the darker shit, makes me able to focus on stuff, prevents me from being a listless zombie, etc.).
Caffeine+meds=Danger

ChaosGodOfJashin

Definitely not having caffeine anymore. Can't have caffeine at all now, which is real sad. It was what kept me out of fatigue before I took the medication. But it's one or the other, and I choose the more effective medication!
When they interact, I get hyperstressed, really prone to panic attacks, paranoid, bad temper flares, and it also shortens how effective the medication is (which, when effective, gives me motivation to live, takes the edge off depression and the darker shit, makes me able to focus on stuff, prevents me from being a listless zombie, etc.).
Caffeine+meds=Danger
Yep! Yep! Great job!

J_Chemist

I was attacked by a raccoon a few months ago and stared it in the eyes while I had it by the back of the neck.

Was kinda wild.