What’s your most ambitious idea for a story?

MajorKerina

I was just thinking about this recently because I’m actually attempting stuff that’s fairly ambitious and huge and I don’t know if I’ll succeed but I’m giving a shot.

There’s a lot of ideas that kind of float around my head that are huge or would take a lot of research and work to really get into and that’s kind of what I’m thinking about.

Mine - Concept of humanity dealing with alien settlements and interactions from prehistory and fighting aliens back to early ancient history. Structured kind of like a mini series but would also be an epic set of books going from like clan of the cave bear with aliens and then a sort of retelling of a Babylonian history, and then following into more modern eras where the existence of aliens is just a thing that people have dealt with in religion and it’s more like competing nations rather than something far-flung and weird. It would have to be somewhere between 6 to 12 books with a lot of historical research welding them together.

What is your most ambitious idea for something you’d like to create and why haven’t you been able to do it yet or have you started it yet?

TotallyHuman

A fiction fantasy novel describing my understanding of the fundamental nature of reality. I've been keeping this idea since ~2018 in the back of my mind as it worked itself, even tried to write it and failed spectacularly, and it has only become more and more complex and difficult to put into words since then.
If I ever do end up writing it, I might just commit suicide because there will be nothing left worth achieving in this life of mine, regardless of what will be available to me. I will have literally completed the game of life.
I cannot imagine its scale if I do work on it and finish it.
But I am unlikely to ever finish it, partly because I don't quite understand what I want to write.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
I was just thinking about this recently because I’m actually attempting stuff that’s fairly ambitious and huge and I don’t know if I’ll succeed but I’m giving a shot.

There’s a lot of ideas that kind of float around my head that are huge or would take a lot of research and work to really get into and that’s kind of what I’m thinking about.

Mine - Concept of humanity dealing with alien settlements and interactions from prehistory and fighting aliens back to early ancient history. Structured kind of like a mini series but would also be an epic set of books going from like clan of the cave bear with aliens and then a sort of retelling of a Babylonian history, and then following into more modern eras where the existence of aliens is just a thing that people have dealt with in religion and it’s more like competing nations rather than something far-flung and weird. It would have to be somewhere between 6 to 12 books with a lot of historical research welding them together.

What is your most ambitious idea for something you’d like to create and why haven’t you been able to do it yet or have you started it yet?
82k /200k

SailusGebel

Fantasy detective. I haven't started writing it yet, because I don't want to ruin it with my shitty writing and I don't have enought time.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
All of my fantasy stories (will) share a common universe. One is close to being finished and I am already working on the second. A few years later maybe I will do a story with all the previous books protags coming together in one book.

Or I may be hit by a meteor and die tomorrow. Who knows.

Redemit

The "religious nut jobs" were right all along and the actual good guys

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
My main story spans several time periods that I have had to do tons of research for. It also covers phycological and idealogical issues.

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
My most ambitious. Well I do have a story idea that's like Rick and Morty except its a shounen action story that takes an Attack on Titan sort of twist in the last third of the story and each universe the character goes to has their own differing rules to them blurring what the word truth actually means and how fragile it is in reality when at some point beyond our deaths, ideas we once held as true can be stomped flat with greater knowledge that we may never come to understand even if its staring right at us.

Viator

Wandering Moon that conceals the tide
A children's fairy tale series with strong themes and life lessons, written and fully illustrated by myself.

*Edit* I am by no means a visual artist of any kind. But I want to learn just for this project.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
An emperor waging a six year war against several human nations at once. Multiple subplots featuring the emperor pitted against mutated beasts that can kill thousands of warriors at once. The main plot is fairly straightforward, but it gets complicated with all the side characters and many subplots

Beeteetee

A story that starts out as a children's story and then rewritten for YA then again rewritten for average adults using the Hemingway approach (limited to the 10,000 most common words) and finally written again with college level of vocab, grammar and character development.

So that way you can literally grow up with the story.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
What I'm currently writing. The background story for 5 major MCs then they all come together to firm a 5 man band for the actual trilogy. Followed by an epilog so. About 19 books in total.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...

Attachments

• C1633D2D-D4C0-498C-A5F4-0760DC8D0F0F.jpeg
    C1633D2D-D4C0-498C-A5F4-0760DC8D0F0F.jpeg
    635.2 KB · Views: 18

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
A multi-story narrative spanning multiple interconnected worlds, currently four different planned stories and I fear there'll be more.

Current plan is to write them disconnected from each other with maybe a few cameos here and there and then connect them in unexpected ways.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I want a utopia, but I know stories without conflict aren't interesting, so I keep that one in my head.

AiLovesToGrow

I write silly erotica
Currently working on it. Becoming Monsters is "erotica with an engaging plot, using the fetishes and pairings I want to see in fiction and not more mainstream choices."

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
Write a bunch of stories set in different, or in some cases multiple universes, then eventually have a thing where the characters all come together for one huge mission.

D

Deleted member 54065

A 25-volume isekai story with 'actual' human behavior in characters, instead of quantified relationship stats...

Now it's down to 20 books, and I'm currently writing the 15th.

Last edited by a moderator: