What abbreviation do you frequently use?

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Ah, I think cell phones are common (at least here) back in my college years (2005-2009) since I can still remember a survey back then putting the Philippines in the top spot for its proliferation (I just can't remember if it's just in Asia, Southeast Asia or global).

Totally agree with you.

Truly does. You'd be surprised some of those might actually have a meaning. 😂

Eh, I correct my students every time they use abbreviations in their essays, telling them the exact thing my profs taught me.

It may piss them off for now, but they'll thank me later. And even if they don't, at least they learned what's right.
you're a fair bit older than me then. Back in those days i was like 12 so as a kid we didnt have much access to things like cell phones. Some of the wealthier kids had them tho. A college student having one isnt a big surprise.

D

Deleted member 54065

you're a fair bit older than me then.
I'm 33, going 34 this coming June.

Back in those days i was like 12 so as a kid we didnt have much access to things like cell phones. Some of the wealthier kids had them tho. A college student having one isnt a big surprise.
Here, even the kids living in slums have phones, and have access to the web...even back in my younger days. You could say that starting from 2000-2001, most Filipinos own mobile phones (though analogue models).

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I'm 33, going 34 this coming June.

Here, even the kids living in slums have phones, and have access to the web...even back in my younger days. You could say that starting from 2000-2001, most Filipinos own mobile phones (though analogue models).
meh, all i know is that there was a time when i was younger that texting was as popular and most people i knew just called

Aaqil

Cookies!
You know those girls who speak in text?
"Oh snap GTG, TTYL~!"
I read out abbreviations as if they aren't one, :blob_hmm_two:
People are very confusing things, to say each letter, instead of the phrase itself.
Ti's a very slow thing, *nods*
:blob_cookie:

melchi

What is a custom title?
I graduated college with a strict training never to use abbreviation in writing stories.
This is actually not a bad policy. I get amusement with some abbreviations and what google assistance does with them.

HP = Horse Power

So someone takes a hit and looses 5 horse power.

There is a novel on trending that does the date with USD.
USD = United States Dollars

Location X: 115 United states dollars February third 6am