What am I holding right now?

Agentt

Thighs
So, I just came back from a trip.
While I was there, I saw many shops were selling these furballs.
20211228_112138.jpg
I asked a shopkeeper what it is, and he said it was kastoori.

Which is, quite weird.

Kastoori, is a mythical artifact.
It doesn't exist, to say in simpler terms.

Yet, I am holding one.
How peculiar.

A kastoori, is as mythical as vampires and werewolves.
Sure, they do exists in mythology, but they are mostly used by authors and poets.

Kastoori, you see, is supposed to be an internal organ right besides the belly button of a deer.
It is supposed to have such an enticing smell, the deer chases after the smell its entire life, not realizing that he himself is the one who smells nice.

I quite refuse to believe that a mythical organ of an endangered species was sold for a bit more than a dollar.

Now that's introduction is done, I would like to know what this is.

Sure, I can check google, but what's the fun in that?

This thing, is
1. Hard
2. Covered with fur
3. Smells good

The above 3 points are easy to replicate, the last one is what confuses me the most.
4. If you hold it in one hand, and wave the other hand over it, the hand holding it doesn't smell, but the hand used for waving is what smells good.

This really puzzled me.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Probably a porous thing like lava rock is inside. Lava rock can be infused with essential oils (or other things that smell nice) and worn as jewelry. The fur on the outside could be real or fake, glued onto the rock inside. Since the scent is in the lava rock rather than the fur, that would be why it smells when you wave it, but the hand holding it doesn't smell.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
So, I just came back from a trip.
While I was there, I saw many shops were selling these furballs.
I asked a shopkeeper what it is, and he said it was kastoori.

Which is, quite weird.

Kastoori, is a mythical artifact.
It doesn't exist, to say in simpler terms.

Yet, I am holding one.
How peculiar.

A kastoori, is as mythical as vampires and werewolves.
Sure, they do exists in mythology, but they are mostly used by authors and poets.

Kastoori, you see, is supposed to be an internal organ right besides the belly button of a deer.
It is supposed to have such an enticing smell, the deer chases after the smell its entire life, not realizing that he himself is the one who smells nice.

I quite refuse to believe that a mythical organ of an endangered species was sold for a bit more than a dollar.

Now that's introduction is done, I would like to know what this is.

Sure, I can check google, but what's the fun in that?

This thing, is
1. Hard
2. Covered with fur
3. Smells good

The above 3 points are easy to replicate, the last one is what confuses me the most.
4. If you hold it in one hand, and wave the other hand over it, the hand holding it doesn't smell, but the hand used for waving is what smells good.

This really puzzled me.
Some toy from 2030 or something? Also nice hand

Amok

grblbrbl
you'll have to cut it open.

hair can range from plant thread to dog hair to barber scraps. or synth. maybe glued to a porous rubberish layer which in turn is attached to whatever's inside.

selective aroma not transferred via touch but rather proximity is mystifying, maybe describe the smell?
can be some sorta air freshener doo-dad/liquid like they have in cars.

Agentt

Thighs
Probably a porous thing like lava rock is inside. Lava rock can be infused with essential oils (or other things that smell nice) and worn as jewelry. The fur on the outside could be real or fake, glued onto the rock inside. Since the scent is in the lava rock rather than the fur, that would be why it smells when you wave it, but the hand holding it doesn't smell.

Yeah I think @K5Rakitan might be on the spot with a porous core infused with scented oil. sorta like those used in aromatherapy, or straight up a perfume.
The manufacturers apparently weren't even decent enough to put a lava rock. It was just a mud ball, with a fur pelt glued on it.

Minx

Procrastinator Mongrel
It's a dragon egg, you just got one from a wise-looking old man, didn't you?

NikkuNii

Socially awkward Vampire/Yandere Madlad
I have an ancient artifact-
It is known simply as deez nuts