What Are Ultimate Weapons Of Your World!

SirDogeTheFirst

Lord Of The Potatoes
For me, one of the most exciting parts of a story (if it isn't a no combat book) is weapons. Especially the weapons that I can consider as most or one of the most powerful ones.

Because of that, I want to learn what my fellow writers created as their ultimate weapons. (If you don't write or have a favorite ultimate weapon from a book published by somebody else, I want to know that as well, please share it!)

And here's the very amateur painting done by me.

Illustration4.jpg

A Magical Crystal based orbital cannon! While I am still very far away on my story to add this bad boy into my mc's arsenal. It is on my road map and marked as must be added to the novel.

This thing is charged by the radioactive rays released from the sun (from the purple two crystals) and fired by mages stationed at the gray parts.

While people can use it for destruction, it is a deposit of magic, and experienced mages can use the stored mana to their will.

For example: Creating barriers for the protection of armies and cities or dumping all of the mana stored inside and causing the magic-sensitive creatures (mages, magical beasts, etc.) to die from mana overdose.

It also serves as a space station and can be used for experiments that can cause massive destruction to the planet.

SailusGebel

Nuclear bomb, probably? My story doesn't have any fantasy elements, and it is set in modern times. Oh, wait, I remembered another one, TikTok. Truly dreadful thing. I don't know how my MC will handle it if he ever comes across this thing. He will probably die from cringe.

BigHoodieBoy

A sword that can change from tangible to non-tangible.
Tangible is just a very good sword.
Non-tangible causes everything its blade to come in contact with to have some unfortunate disaster.

Not that you will be seeing this anytime soon in my story, it is end-game equipment, and my story is just starting.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
For my main story, it would be the sword of truth, which absorbs the magic of anything the blade touches. It can then release the magic as a pure energy blast and can even kill a god. As for my other story, it would have to be the mark of the Saint. It's a tattoo-like mark that appears on those who have reached Sainthood. Those who receive it are immune to all magical forms of attack as well as poisons. To add to this, wounds heal faster and they can openly speak with their creator. However, if those who are granted this power do anything that would go against their sainthood then they would lose it until they either repented or until their creator deems them worthy of it again.

SirDogeTheFirst

Lord Of The Potatoes
Nuclear bomb, probably? My story doesn't have any fantasy elements, and it is set in modern times. Oh, wait, I remembered another one, TikTok. Truly dreadful thing. I don't know how my MC will handle it if he ever comes across this thing. He will probably die from cringe.
Like you have something that will never be used in war because of how inhumane its effects can be and then you have a nuclear bomb.

A sword that can change from tangible to non-tangible.
Tangible is just a very good sword.
Non-tangible causes everything its blade to come in contact with to have some unfortunate disaster.

Not that you will be seeing this anytime soon in my story, it is end-game equipment, and my story is just starting.

Now that's something creative. I mean it is hard to understand by humans or any creatures with similar understandings but feels like a weapon can be understanded and used by gods.

GreenHexagon

Error: Forbidden
literally a giant galaxy-sized death star

Not in any story yet because
1. Don't have any public
2. Not written it in.

ASHARA

Mine is not added yet but for my first story it would be Dragon's Tears. A Crimson sword that kills anyone who draws it from it's sheath and one of the only weapons in existence that can cut through the flesh of the Azure Dragon.
For my other story I'm dabbling with a Thunderstorm Spear. A Red and Blue Spear made from Damascus steel and capable of destroying the most complex and high level Mage Arrays easily.

Jemini

For me, there are two types of ultimate weapons. There are the avatar weapons, which are the most powerful by raw power. Then, there are the living wood weapons which are the most versatile weapons in the world.

The living wood weapons are special weapons made from the world tree, and infused with wood spirits that have a mind of their own. If they are wielded by a fey who is skilled in the use of the greed word, they can communicate with the spirit and cause the weapon to take any shape the wielder desires. Mostly, they tend to be used as extending spears, and the great fairies have developed an entire combat strategy behind them.

The avatar weapons... well, I have a little bit of a cultivation system going on in my world. Avatar weapons are weapons actually capable of cultivating. As such, the avatar weapons vary in strength like a cultivator would vary in strength, but even the lowest rank avatar weapons are so much more powerful than any other weapon on the planet that the higher rank cultivators would be willing to go to battle over them. Low-rank cultivators don't even have a chance of obtaining an avatar weapon of even the lowest level.

I would say my most powerful avatar weapon would have to be the sword of truth. It has the characteristic of cutting right through an armor of lies. An armor of lies is another concept. If anyone has come to their power through dishonest means, some item that they own and wear regularly will transform into an armor of lies, and it will hold a portion of their power as a result. People who have an armor of lies absolutely fear people with a sword of truth, because one solid hit to that person's armor of lies will knock them down several ranks of power. Not only that, any sword of truth tends to be several ranks more powerful than other avatar weapons on top of that.

A sword of truth also has the property of being able to show a person who is not the wielder the truth if they agree to touch the hilt of the sword at the wielder's behest. In social settings, this ability may even be more OP than it's combat power.

There is a corrupted version of the sword of truth as well. It acts exactly like a sword of truth for all intents and purposes, but it has the twist that it can forcibly show people the truth even if they don't want to see it, and when it uses this forceful version of the power it has the option of withholding key pieces of information in order to create a narrative from lies of omission. Corrupted swords of truth are almost exclusively held by satans. As in, plural and lower case version of Satan. In Kabbalic lore, Samael is the leader of the satans, and he is the one who is now called singular upper-case Satan (also, Satan is considered a title, not a name.)

Satans in my world are the single most clever class of demons. They are absolute experts at manipulating people. They are powerful by conventional means as well, but they have a natural distaste for brute force and view it as them having lowered themselves if they have to fight physically. They much prefer playing people against each other and playing them to their tune, and they are so good at it that they can even manipulate people who are completely wise to their game without their target even being able to do anything other but do exactly what the satan is trying to make them do. These corrupted swords of truth are one of the tools in their arsenal that they like to use to accomplish this end.

Last edited:

Lorelliad

call me Roamer 🎩
Fragments from an omnipotent god.

MC currently has the Mind God's Control Eyes.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Dungeon Cores. A sentient, often sapient living weapon capable of using all manner of magics and mysticisms, or creating other creatures and weapons to support them. As far as weapons go, there's nothing more versatile.

As far as raw power goes, it's probably a heavily enchanted rail gun or spell catalyst. Like, a really big one. Something you'd use as the main weapon of a starship. Reason Dungeon Core rates higher is because a Dungeon Core can Craft such things.

LimitBound

Saint
Mine is not added yet but for my first story it would be Dragon's Tears. A Crimson sword that kills anyone who draws it from it's sheath and one of the only weapons in existence that can cut through the flesh of the Azure Dragon.
For my other story I'm dabbling with a Thunderstorm Spear. A Red and Blue Spear made from Damascus steel and capable of destroying the most complex and high level Mage Arrays easily.
I assume for the dragon's tears thingy your protagonist has some sort of immortality?

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
I assume for the dragon's tears thingy your protagonist has some sort of immortality?
I mean, the sword kills anyone who unsheathes it. So you just gotta get someone else to unsheathe it and you can use it for free.

LimitBound

Saint
I mean, the sword kills anyone who unsheathes it. So you just gotta get someone else to unsheathe it and you can use it for free.
Oooh, I assumed if you hold it unsheathed you'd die.
That's a pretty good twist to be honest.
Most would expect what I previously said.. I think?

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Oooh, I assumed if you hold it unsheathed you'd die.
That's a pretty good twist to be honest.
Most would expect what I previously said.. I think?
Yeah, I assume that's the answer Ashara was using. It's fairly common. Even Excalibur needed a special sheath that kept you from bleeding to death.

EternalSunset0

I think the strongest thing in my story is a reality warping artifact. I heavily based it off the actual Akashic Records (and shares its name) but instead of just containing the world's blueprints, properties, and origins like the real thing, it can also be altered to change reality by rewriting everyone's memories and such. Leans heavily on the concept of "collective memories" determining reality and adding all those pseudoscience BS I've got in my mind.

Does that count? No one really wields it, and its stowed away in an alternate dimension.

It's not actually in the story yet, but part of volume 5 and the overarching plot afterwards all the way to the end of the series heavily involves getting to said dimension (part of the reasoning for my series title, actually)

If you're talking about the weapons that actual characters get to wield, I honestly don't know which is the strongest. The protagonist does have an evolving weapon so it probably has the most potential. It's a transforming shield that can transform into a fusion of it and some other weapon (aka the girls he reaches a certain level of bond/sync with). Heavily inspired by Nurarihyon no Mago's Equip and how Kojou unlocks Familiars in Strike the Blood.

I have sketched three modes so far.

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
In my main story, there is a lot of variety in combat stuff. In some ways it's technology vs. mystic so you got high tech guns vs. people with elemental powers. But the most ultimate of all ultimate weapons are Tomagetherion. It's only recently introduced in my second book formally but it's essentially a horcrux for a dead elemental.

So the main villain has a book that controls the darkness. He and only he can control that element because that's all that's left from "Darkness".

In my second story, everyone has the same weapon and it's. . . imaaaaggggiiinnnaaatttiooonnnn.

BioedwinMX

It's still way far away until we get there, but is a reincarnation of the fabled Excalibur sword while wielded by a specific person.

Its special ability is to cut "anything" if the wielder can imagine it, so she uses that to cut flowing water to stop it from "flowing", cut light to darken a room, cut wind resistance to be quick or straight up cut momentarily the flow of time to catch up to an enemy.