What combat knowledge from the TV show Human Weapon (2007) will you take with you to get isekai'd

Pick one to use!

• Okinawa (Japan) - Karate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • France - Savate

• Japan - Judo

• Russia - Sambo

• Cambodia - Pradal Serey

• Malaysia - Silat Melayu

• Cambodia - Bokator

• South Korea - Taekwondo

• Total voters
You are about to be isekai-ed. to a world of minor magics and fighting! It's a world where life is cheap and you must know how to fight to live longer than a week!

Lucky for you, the goddess of transmigration will grant you combat knowledge!

Beamed directly into your brain and gives you some small-scale body sculpting so you can use said knowledge.

Unfortunately for you, the Goddess is obsessed with the 2007 TV show Human Weapon. And will only grant you 1 of the 16 fields of martial arts covered in the show. And will only optimise your body to fight in that style of combat.

Which one will you choose and why?
  1. Thailand - Muay Thai
  2. Philippines - Arnis
  3. Okinawa (Japan) - Karate
  4. France - Savate
  5. Japan - Judo
  6. Greece - Pankration
  7. Israel - Krav Maga
  8. United States - Marine Corps Martial Arts
  9. United States - Mixed Martial Arts
  10. China - Kung Fu (Sanda)
  11. Russia - Sambo
  12. Cambodia - Pradal Serey
  13. Malaysia - Silat Melayu
  14. Cambodia - Bokator
  15. South Korea - Taekwondo
  16. Japan - Ninjutsu

Disclaimer I know nothing about this TV and don't know what the show covered. And don't know why MMA is not just everything.

Terrate

Arnis is cool, an actual fast demonstration makes it look like they're really trying to tear each other's throats. but since both know how to arnis, it's usually blocked. They use can use medium sized swords, daggers, and even barehanded. what more can you ask for. Also dual wielding is an option in this martial art. Actual practical dual wielding, so that's more Chuuni+ points to me.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
German Bureaucracy! It only didn't make it into the list because of its too-high lethality! Nobody survived the Fist of Legislation that destroyed whole cityscapes without even trying.

Or Castration. The greek one.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
I'll stick with what I already know.
Drunken Monkey.
I learned it because it actively teaches you to ignore your inner ear and learn how to keep your balance by the swaying. When my skull was put back together the strips of metal they used caused my two ears to become slightly out of synch making me constantly dizzy. I had nonstop vertigo. Drunken Monkey taught me how to ignore it and focus on the feel of gravity when you sway to keep your balance.

I'm not good at it, I just have the basics so I can walk without puking, but if I get to be a free expert at something, I'll stick with what I know.
So... I guess mixed martial arts?

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Who the fuck chose san da 散打?

Just because Jackey Chan, Jet Lee, Bruce Lee or even Donnie Yen is your idol doesn't mean that san da is your choice.

San da like karate and taekwondo, is a sport and used in competition. Slightly useful IRL compared to the common dweeb, but still not as great as Muai Thai or Krav Maga.

If you picked it for Kung Fu, make sure it is either Northern Shaolin style that actually has practical fighting moves instead of posing stances, or Wing Chun or Hung Ga.

Peter3135566

Krav maga is more usefull for its close contact focus, self defance and defusing a faild knife attack and such. Given sword and magic, eny of the 16 would likly be starting point and fallback rather then main combat method beyond the first while.

Otherwise mixd matirial art is a close second for me, but i only know of it second hand and third hand of meny of the others so idk

Seren

i think everything is possible; it makes one seem like the strongest main character:blob_melt:

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
MMA is probably the best choice because it's a combination of striking and grappling.

But if I actually had to learn something without magic isekai I'd pick Maui Tai or Savate because I feel personally I'd get more use out of learning striking