What did you learn today?

helgoka2

I realized that some establishment owners don't care about their customers at all. I was in a cafe today where I had to check every door looking for a toilet. Isn't it hard to buy signs for the doors?! I might even be able to tell them where they can find signs to suit all tastes. I personally ordered them myself on https://bsign-store.com/collections/custom-door-numbers, there is a huge selection and most importantly they look very stylish. Of course I gave them a bit of a beating, but I don't think they heard me. By the way, on this site there are signs with house numbers, maybe someone will find it useful.

Last edited:

AYM

reading the touching grass instruction manual
Good thing vampires aren't humans.

b71.jpg

TsumiHokiro

Just another chick in the universe
Today I learned some interesting info about diamonds. Diamonds, coveted for their brilliance, hold fascinating secrets beyond their dazzling appearance. Did you know that diamonds are composed of a single element, carbon, formed under immense pressure and heat deep within the Earth? Their hardness, ranking as a 10 on the Mohs scale, makes them the hardest natural substance known. Interestingly, diamonds can come in various colors, influenced by impurities, with red diamonds being the rarest. Moreover, some diamonds contain 'inclusions,' tiny mineral traces often cherished as unique birthmarks. Beyond their use in jewelry, diamonds possess industrial significance, playing a pivotal role in cutting, drilling, and even in scientific research.
Did you also know it rains diamonds on Neptune and Uranus?

Last edited:

melchi

What is a custom title?
I learned that the goal rush and silver rushes in the 19th century was largely fueled by government manipulation to keep the prices at a certain rate because of those respective currency standards.

D

Deleted member 139452

I learned that the goal rush and silver rushes in the 19th century was largely fueled by government manipulation to keep the prices at a certain rate because of those respective currency standards.
Ducks triggered plenty of gold rushes too you know
I learned about a minor figure in meitei mythology named "nganu leima" , a nymph who has been described as a woman with the head and feet of a duck and eyes of a swan , she is also said to be the mistress of all waterfowl (duck ,swan ,geese) .

Last edited by a moderator: