What do y'all think about school?

Redemit

i think school is a good place to met people and learn how to interact with them.

my only problem is, those school are under the impression that children intellect and capabilities can be measured and quantified. so they separate people by rank and stuff.
Most of the well adjusted people with the best manners and social skills I've met have been homeschoolers the whole idea that they're weird and lack social skills comes primarily from the fact that they are simply more mature then the vast majority of people their own age and they simply get along better with older kids and adults

D

Deleted member 42060

I’m not fond of school that much, but it helps you to become civilized and matured. We’ve all gone through the phase where we think “Oh, school is just useful when it comes to socialization, not academics”; any typical woke high school kid always thinks like that, so I’m not going to be that one woke high school kid who sees school as a social opportunity.

I’d say you shouldn’t rely too much on studying. You should probably focus on your skills. Most students think that they’ll get a job right away after graduating, but that’s not the case. You’ll be literally back to zero—all the ranks and the grades you have will become almost irrelevant compared to “real life.” Are you a top notcher? A mediocre student? A dumbass? After school, y’all be just the same.​

RootBeerBert

Was definitely popular growing up
I think of it a gray area. On one hand much of what is taught in school won’t be applicable to the average person unless they get a specific job; can you tell me with a straight face you use any of the advanced math you learned in school and you don’t have a job particularly related to math. On the other hand school isn’t completely useless as things like knowing the general history of your country is important and some electives like cooking and economics are important stuff that you can actually use in your everyday life. Basically I think schools should go the reformations and change their curriculums rather than be destroyed.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
One form of a hell torture for me
Literally a waste of tax payer money that serves to propagandize children, and turn them into cogs of the system. Public schools should be abolished and be replaced by communal schools, in which children are taught by their community the skills needed for success, morality, and are shown the many courses and paths which life may take one

cheriechechan

I already graduated college three years ago and I guess school is not that bad exp. - A response from a victim of bullying during her High school years.

SternenklarenRitter

can you tell me with a straight face you use any of the advanced math you learned in school and you don’t have a job particularly related to math.
Yes, I can. I use it all the time to calculate things like "how much more massive would Mercury have to be to hold on to an atmosphere made out of krypton?" However, I only use math for fun and it has never had practical applications.

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
It's a place that doesn't tell you how to get money, but teach you how to get your money stolen away from you while teaching you garbage that has nothing to do with your predetermined dream or passion in life.

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
can you tell me with a straight face you use any of the advanced math you learned in school
I think the intent is similar to the one in native language classes.
Being taught the very core does not make you apt at using it.

By making everyone go through word by word essay analysis or advanced algebra, people are forced to become familiar with more basic and applicable skills, like extracting author intent or just multiplying two numbers, since they're required to solve the advanced problems.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I actually enjoyed it when I was there, but I'm glad it's over. It was stressful, fun, but stressful.

D

Deleted member 54065

As a public school teacher...

School in our place is a seemingly normal institution, yet totally rotten at the core.

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
School’s actually pretty relaxing if you just forget and stop caring about tests and grades. You don’t have to worry about work deadlines, demanding out of touch clients, dealing with dumbass customers, bills, taxes, etc while in school. Honestly, it’s like paradise and playing the easy mode version of life compared to hard mode in the real world that comes after it.

Plus, after you finish school, your opportunities to meet new people your age in person and get closer to others typically drops significantly. It’s much more difficult to form connections with others outside of school. Everyone after school is just too busy with their own commitments.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
School sucks you can literally learn more from youtube videos.

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
School sucks you can literally learn more from youtube videos.
You won’t learn the most important thing from YouTube that are school’s true purpose.

The ability to form connections.

School’s aren’t really about grades at all.

The greatest factor that determines someone’s success is their ability to network and connect with others. School’s provide this vital opportunity.

You could be the smartest person in the world, but if you cannot connect to others, your chances of success are much lower. Connections give rise to opportunities. Without those opportunities, your knowledge will only get you so far.

You could be a complete dumbass, but if you know the right person and are close with them, they can provide you the opportunity you need to succeed.

School also teaches you something else very valuable .

Deception. How to deceive others to get your way.

Schools won’t outright tell you this one though. You have to be perceptive and pick up on it yourself. The entire system is one to deceive you, those who learn that and understand it are the ones who will typically find the greatest success. They will tell you society values honesty, but that itself is them deceiving you.

A YouTube video isn’t going to give you the practical ability to deceive others. Only experience in the real world interacting with many people will.

Last edited:

Lloyd

Professional Writer
You won’t learn the most important thing from YouTube that are school’s true purpose.

The ability to form connections.

School’s aren’t really about grades at all.

The greatest factor that determines someone’s success is their ability to network and connect with others. School’s provide this vital opportunity.

You could be the smartest person in the world, but if you cannot connect to others, your chances of success are much lower. Connections give rise to opportunities. Without those opportunities, your knowledge will only get you so far.

You could be a complete dumbass, but if you know the right person and are close with them, they can provide you the opportunity you need to succeed.
Elon musk is autistic and he's the richest man on the planet. Reality seems to defy your reasoning.

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
Elon musk is autistic and he's the richest man on the planet. Reality seems to defy your reasoning.
No, he is actually quite good at networking and people can like him because he knows how to meme. He’s much more social than you’d expect. He’s actually the perfect embodiment of understanding how to connect, network, and deceive.

You think he’s autistic, but rather, he just has so many things going through his head when speaking. Calculating the exact words to use, and what he wants to convey.

If you think he’s autistic then you’ve just been deceived yourself.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
No, he is actually quite good at networking and people can like him because he knows how to meme. He’s much more social than you’d expect. He’s actually the perfect embodiment of understanding how to connect, network, and deceive.

You think he’s autistic, but rather, he just has so many things going through his head when speaking. Calculating the exact words to use, and what he wants to convey.

If you think he’s autistic then you’ve just been deceived yourself.
Lol

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
If you think you become the richest person in the world being unable to connect with others to land and close out the vital deals you need through negotiations then you’re too naive. You’ve got to be able to pull strings and know who and how to get in contact with. Elon’s success was achieved precisely because he was able to identify and do these things.

Who, what, when, where, why, how, these things are emphasized a lot in school and for a good reason. They’re the most critical factors to success. What do they all have in common? They’re all linked to connections. Connecting dots together.

longer

Balls
... that's a bit too far now, ain't it? Did I give the impression of being an emo lord who loves drugs? :blob_facepalm:
It's better to say that a lot of people can fuck up their life than you would think. Knew quite a few people who were innocent at around 14 and are now full blown addicts.