What do you do when you can't find stuff you wanna read, but too lazy / don't feel like writing them either?

As for finding stuff, let's just say you already exhausted your efforts to search far and wide for that premise and idea you really wanted to see. Which consist of asking in several forums and trying your best to look up in search engines to no avail.

Though when you try writing it yourself, you just feel it's not something you wanna write.

Well, one thing was to be patient, since you'll come across them one day.

Though, beside that, and writing them yourself, what do you think is the best way to actually find something that you feel was 'impossible' to discover right now?

Doesn't really matter if it's absurd / surreal or involve some supernatural rituals. Just feel free to go wild and throw some ideas.

Alternatively, you can also tell us what kind of stuff you've been so frustrated to find. Perhaps one of us (most likely not me) can help.

Shyberu

If I can't find the book I like I just put that idea for later and play video games for 3 months straight. Eventually I come back and usually someone better than me has written a story on that subject, if not, repeat. Or you know, do blood sacrifices to some eldritch being.
Either works :)

LilRora

Mostly formless
I think the most effective method is to search in other type of media, for example paper books or manga if you can't find what you want among webnovels. Like yuri, cause for some reason I had trouble finding girl's love without transgender thingies thrown into the mix until I looked into manga.

Though I usually wallow in misery until I realize I haven't searched the most obvious place and find the story I'm looking for there.

What I'm currently looking for is a story that shows the hardships that various implants and body modifications bring, preferably in urban fantasy setting. Not like some stories, for example Stray Cat Strut, where cybernetic implants are easy to obtain and completely safe to use or like Battle Angel Alita where the difficulties are almost entirely skipped, but where a single change, like an artificial arm, brings a lot of realistic complications to the mc. A little like A Journey in Darkness (from RR), but prefereably in magicless setting.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Or you know, do blood sacrifices to some eldritch being.
AHEM. Stereotype much? It's people like you that create the pervasive negative image that Non-Euclidean-Americans have to endure!

(not that we mind blood sacrifices)

doravg

106/4001 (bigot towards homophobs)
As for finding stuff, let's just say you already exhausted your efforts to search far and wide for that premise and idea you really wanted to see. Which consist of asking in several forums and trying your best to look up in search engines to no avail.

Though when you try writing it yourself, you just feel it's not something you wanna write.

Though, beside that, and writing them yourself, what do you think is the best way to actually find something that you feel was 'impossible' to discover right now?

Doesn't really matter if it's absurd / surreal or involve some supernatural rituals. Just feel free to go wild and throw some ideas.

Alternatively, you can also tell us what kind of stuff you've been so frustrated to find. Perhaps one of us (most likely not me) can help.
If you are like me, you will forget about your own books after a month or two of writing them. Then, you can go back to them, and read them. Not only will you see them for the cringe fests they are, but also find that they weren't that bad. So, yeah, if you want something, do it yourself.

Mellohwa

Magic 8-ball they say
Read books I haven't finished reading.

;-;
Childcare.... I need childcare novel, I need fluff, adorable children, mother-daughter relationship (preferably)

Kidd_Wadsworth

Read my stuff. Magic, dragons, lovers. --Kidd