What do you look for in Online Games?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Does it teach lowercase letters in addition to uppercase letters?
Does it have any ads? Can they be removed?
Is the price/subscription fee reasonable?
Will it overstimulate my child?
No monster trucks, please.

ZukoMee

My bad. I misremembered. It was shaiya that I used to play.
That used to be a game under the AeriaGames catalog. It got removed eventually. I played a different game under AeriaGames called Twelve Sky 2. Back when I had Windows 7. But for some reason, it left AeriaGames and was given to another company called Mibba or something. Anyway, they remade the game, and then set it so it only worked on Windows Vista and Windows 8, back when Windows 8 was somewhat new. I don't understand why they did this, but since I didn't have it, and wasn't interested in purchasing a new operating system just for a single game, I lost my character and lost interest in the game since they gave you a 30 day window to claim your avatar/account data and switch from Aeria....to Mibba-whatever.

John_Owl

The one with fluffy wings
That used to be a game under the AeriaGames catalog. It got removed eventually. I played a different game under AeriaGames called Twelve Sky 2. Back when I had Windows 7. But for some reason, it left AeriaGames and was given to another company called Mibba or something. Anyway, they remade the game, and then set it so it only worked on Windows Vista and Windows 8, back when Windows 8 was somewhat new. I don't understand why they did this, but since I didn't have it, and wasn't interested in purchasing a new operating system just for a single game, I lost my character and lost interest in the game since they gave you a 30 day window to claim your avatar/account data and switch from Aeria....to Mibba-whatever.
I dabbled in a few games from Aeria, but I played Nexon quite a bit more. Maplestory in particular. But I hate how spammy it became. Couldn't even hunt on certain screens because people would AFK their player shop, and EVERYONE covered the entire screen.

Daitengu

I actually stopped playing online games five years ago.

I started playing them back in 2001. I've went through about a dozen of em in the near 20 years of playing them. EverQuest, WoW, City of Heroes, S4 League, PlanetSide, BF 2042, Vindictus, Blade & Soul, Mabinogi, Guild Wars 1&2, LoL, etc.

Every single one was dropped for one thing. Unreasonable grind to an undefined non-ending. It took a long time to realize, but it's not worth it in the end.

Funny thing? It was Minecraft that gave me that realization. The forever game that requires you make your own goals. I learned I like endings and my own goals. Not the forever or single match goals provided to me by the game developers.

Kenjona

I actually stopped playing online games five years ago.

I started playing them back in 2001. I've went through about a dozen of em in the near 20 years of playing them. EverQuest, WoW, City of Heroes, S4 League, PlanetSide, BF 2042, Vindictus, Blade & Soul, Mabinogi, Guild Wars 1&2, LoL, etc.

Every single one was dropped for one thing. Unreasonable grind to an undefined non-ending. It took a long time to realize, but it's not worth it in the end.

Funny thing? It was Minecraft that gave me that realization. The forever game that requires you make your own goals. I learned I like endings and my own goals. Not the forever or single match goals provided to me by the game developers.
I did the whole online gaming since Never Winter Nights on AOL. Quake, team fortress, runescape, everquest, Halo, an so on ad infinitum. I finally ended up quitting Raiding in WoW around batte for Azeroth, because of my hands were hurting so much after a night of raiding. I was under performing. Just life as it goes. So now, more relaxed games that I do not have to mash a million buttons in a specific order in 30 seconds. I also avoid pay to win games.

TsumiHokiro

Just another chick in the universe
I did the whole online gaming since Never Winter Nights on AOL. Quake, team fortress, runescape, everquest, Halo, an so on ad infinitum. I finally ended up quitting Raiding in WoW around batte for Azeroth, because of my hands were hurting so much after a night of raiding. I was under performing. Just life as it goes. So now, more relaxed games that I do not have to mash a million buttons in a specific order in 30 seconds. I also avoid pay to win games.
This bird relates. their wings haven't been as dexterous as they used to be, and the current requirement of pressing buttons is too much for it to follow without ending up in physiotherapy by the end of the session.

Daitengu

I feel ya mate. Quiting MMOs was the best thing for my wrists. I often swap games that let me switch between mouse n keyboard and my trusty PS3 controller. It really helps a long with guitar player hand stretching.

Jet

No P2W, Guild content, Plenty of content in general (lots of questing, dungeons, raiding, field bosses, etc), lots of equips that actually get visualised when you put them on the character, proper non-target combat and proper 3d-graphics, various set classes (I don't like fluid classes much), lots of activities beside endless fighting, easy to understand ingame statistics and a trading system with AH and such, rich universe and good plot.

My ideal would be modern day Vanguard + combat from RaiderZ.