What do you think about what readers could think if I release a problematic chapter this September.

RedHunter2296

Competitive Professional In Being Ignored
First of all, obviously, I am not going to publish it that day.

Second, I hope they don't ban me for the title.

ok, here I go in full retard mode

Now, currently in my novel, I am writing about a military attack in New York City. In fact, I have already released several, and I have new one ready to publish, but the clock says that it is already September eleven and I immediately thought that if it might be a bad idea to put that on this date. I'm not from the United States, but I still wonder how others could take it.

The truth was a huge coincidence that I was in that arc this month, I swear it did not even cross my mind until I saw the news remembering the fact yesterday.

In case this is too retard, better plz close this thread and let's pretend I never said anything.

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
Just do that disclaimer crap in an author note at the beggining, ‘This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, business, events and incidents are the products of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.”

Vnator

Just do that disclaimer crap in an author note at the beggining, ‘This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, business, events and incidents are the products of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.”
Along with making a point that it really is a coincidence and that you had the bad luck of having it release so soon to... that day. To get across the human side :D

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
if you were to release it on the day, it would be quite crude and insensitive. anything beyond 3 days after should be okay (1 week to be safe).

It's not uncommon for things that accidentally touch on events to be delayed. i know of one anime that was actually delayed 2 years due to the 2011 earthquake and tsunami causing events that were eerily similar to the backstory of the source manga (which started several years earlier).

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
Well, since there has been already multiple instances of it, it won't be a problem even if the date coincides with a certain tragic event.
Edit: From what you stated, it's a military vs military thing, the only similarity is the location.

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
As a reader living in New York, fairly close to the city, but also someone born after the attack... Frankly, it wouldn't bother me either way. But i'd say if you're really so worried about it, just delay the chapter a week as Sabruness said.
Tbh, if someone starts spewing shit to you about it, it's on them for being so irrational. Just say that it was a coincidence and that you'd rather not delay your schedule if you could help it or something, but don't make a whole big deal about it, cause I can see that just aggravating things, because some people are just idiots.

RedHunter2296

As a reader living in New York, fairly close to the city, but also someone born after the attack... Frankly, it wouldn't bother me either way. But i'd say if you're really so worried about it, just delay the chapter a week as Sabruness said.
Tbh, if someone starts spewing shit to you about it, it's on them for being so irrational. Just say that it was a coincidence and that you'd rather not delay your schedule if you could help it or something, but don't make a whole big deal about it, cause I can see that just aggravating things, because some people are just idiots.

Okay, I was planning on delaying the post anyway, but what I'll do is just not say the reason and that's it. Like you said before, people probably won't even notice it unless I mention it myself.

Although I do have to mention that it really scared me when I noticed what I was writing and the dates.

Aoibh

Mademoiselle
First of all, obviously, I am not going to publish it that day.

Second, I hope they don't ban me for the title.

Now, currently in my novel, I am writing about a military attack in New York City. In fact, I have already released several, and I have new one ready to publish, but the clock says that it is already September eleven and I immediately thought that if it might be a bad idea to put that on this date. I'm not from the United States, but I still wonder how others could take it.

The truth was a huge coincidence that I was in that arc this month, I swear it did not even cross my mind until I saw the news remembering the fact yesterday.

In case this is too retard, better plz close this thread and let's pretend I never said anything.
Ban you for the title? Book and chapter titles can’t be copyrighted or be intellectual property if it’s from an established language, made up ones with words that people have made for a fiction world is another story.

Oh you mean thread title o.o
:blob_facepalm::blob_facepalm::blob_facepalm:

Last edited:

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺
Time for a Side Story!
If you want to make a release and delay the current chapter, anyways.

Honestly, it's not really a problem. There's a rather recurring theme in American Holidays and other Named Days. Remembrance. Anything that helps you remember is good, as long as it's respectful and doesn't harm or vilify the victims and heroes.

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
Time for a Side Story!
If you want to make a release and delay the current chapter, anyways.

Honestly, it's not really a problem. There's a rather recurring theme in American Holidays and other Named Days. Remembrance. Anything that helps you remember is good, as long as it's respectful and doesn't harm or vilify the victims and heroes.
Yeah, we Americans love remembering our grudges.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
If you have two towers completely collapsing at freefall speed after just a couple of airplanes hit them, and then another tower falling at freefall speed from shockwaves, I would have complaints about the scientific accuracy of your story. Now here's something that makes more sense:

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺
If you have two towers completely collapsing at freefall speed after just a couple of airplanes hit them, and then another tower falling at freefall speed from shockwaves, I would have complaints about the scientific accuracy of your story. Now here's something that makes more sense:

This is the kind of thing you shouldn't do. Just avoid that, and you'll be fine.

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
>not afraid to use "ableist slur aimed at disabled people"
>afraid to remind Americans of 9/11

oh humanity

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I'mma be honest, OP, don't care, and go full retard mode. No one would remember this as long as a week. It's the internet. It's got chronic short term memory. You'll be fine. You can even have a "comedy" moment your readers could look back on. Like how I wrote about my Mc brawling with another character who happened to be gay and the former won and took me a year to realized I posted that right smack in the middle of June.

So do it. Forget the "inaccuracies". It's flavour. Fucking do it. Do it you pussy. You fucking coward. Go full retard mode and esketit.

RedHunter2296

Ok, since, it seems that the consensus is that it will not affect too much since it is a purely military conflict.

I'm going to post it and let fate decide.

I'm also curious to see what happens.
I'm going to sacrifice myself to see what happens. In the worst case, remember me as an example of what not to do.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Ok, since, it seems that the consensus is that it will not affect too much since it is a purely military conflict.

I'm going to post it and let fate decide.

I'm also curious to see what happens.
I'm going to sacrifice myself to see what happens. In the worst case, remember me as an example of what not to do.
as the current online climate defines it, if you shit on 9/11, you'd be seen as somewhat of a cultural hero. you'll be fine.