What happened to trending?

CrusadeAgainstFurries

Supreme meme-lord
I wasn't really paying attention to trending for a while, so I'm surprised to see that it's not full of Genderbender smut anymore...what happened?

1606299701736.jpg

Reisinling

Smut hub has fallen :blob_teary:

But it shall rise, soon™️
“Smut. Gender-bender. Yuri. Isekai.
Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then everything changed when the Isekai Nation attacked.

Only the Smutavar, master of all four genres , could stop them. But when the world needed him most, he vanished.

A hundred years passed and my brother and I (wink wink) discovered the new Smutavar in a washing machine, a gender-bender novel author named Draconite, and although their smut writing skills are great, they still have a lot to learn before they are ready to horny everyone.

Jemini

If you want my guess, I would say the target was something to deal with the wifu cover-art issue. The Gender bender, Smut, Yuri, Isekai thing was probably just a result that those were the most likely to use wifu covers (especially on the Gender bender.) I can say this because I write Gender bender, but do not use a wifu cover, and my content has actually been doing better on trending since whatever update happened.

(There are 2 guesses as to what might have been done. Either some kind of restriction on the stories that use wifu covers, which would be heavy-handed and I doubt it's what they did, or the new algorithm favors chapter views over total views. Might even check for retention by putting a higher weight on the more recent chapters.)

D

Deleted member 45782

Hopefully some other, more niche stories (besides smut and the other popular genres that probably have smut or eechi in there somewhere) also get to have the spotlight shine on them once in awhile. Not that those popular genres aren't fine, it is probably happy for folks interested in those genres, but it'll be good to have some more variety of genres.

Reisinling

Hopefully some other, more niche stories (besides smut and the other popular genres that probably have smut or eechi in there somewhere) also get to have the spotlight shine on them once in awhile. Not that those popular genres aren't fine, it is probably happy for folks interested in those genres, but it'll be good to have some more variety of genres.
Some kind of weekly genre , with separate carousel would be amusing

TunTun

You guys in the forum are funny.

The idea that smut makes you more likely to end up in trending is absolutely wrong.

In fact, writing smut places you at a great disadvantage if you want to be on trending.

Obliviously, this doesn't mean that smut isn't popular - it is. But smut is weighted down by the algorithm.
Really sad for all the people(me) who told themselves that the only reason they aren't on trending is because they don't write smut.
Smut has almost no chance of landing in Trending. IDK why people in this forum believe otherwise, must be some type of meme

TunTun

I wasn't really paying attention to trending for a while, so I'm surprised to see that it's not full of Genderbender smut anymore...what happened?

View attachment 7186
I just want this to sink in; the winner of the Scribble Hub contest had Gender Bender and smut, and despite winning the contest, it didn't land in trending. Not once during 90 days of constant posting. While other novels in the contest ended up in trending like 7 times.

LinMeili

I just want this to sink in; the winner of the Scribble Hub contest had Gender Bender and smut, and despite winning the contest, it didn't land in trending. Not once during 90 days of constant posting. While other novels in the contest ended up in trending like 7 times.
Cuz trending-chan doesn't like Necro. :LOL: Necro prolly ignored her so she ignored him back. But I think they might make up soon.

Reisinling

Cuz trending-chan doesn't like Necro. :LOL: Necro prolly ignored her so she ignored him back. But I think they might make up soon.
Tsundere necro chan.
That is because trending, as is generally known I thought, strongly dislikes daily uploads. And while It's not true today, last time this discussion has been had on this forum 4/9 were smut/genderbender/girls love. But then, things do seem to have changed over the past however long.

LinMeili

Tsundere necro chan.

That is because trending, as is generally known I thought, strongly dislikes daily uploads. And while It's not true today, last time this discussion has been had on this forum 4/9 were smut/genderbender/girls love. But then, things do seem to have changed over the past however long.
No daily? But readers like daily releases. 👩‍🍳

Reisinling

No daily? But readers like daily releases. 👩‍🍳
I might have misspoke, it's more that current trending is "daily" trending, and due to simple maths, if you relase chapter everyday, you are unlikely to have unexpected spike in popularity, your graph looks like a steady growing line.

CrusadeAgainstFurries

Supreme meme-lord
You guys in the forum are funny.

The idea that smut makes you more likely to end up in trending is absolutely wrong.

In fact, writing smut places you at a great disadvantage if you want to be on trending.

Obliviously, this doesn't mean that smut isn't popular - it is. But smut is weighted down by the algorithm.

Smut has almost no chance of landing in Trending. IDK why people in this forum believe otherwise, must be some type of meme
It really was a while ago...every story had a waifulab cover and was Genderbender smut. But it seems like it changed as I said.