What helps you stay on track? (Fresh, Motivated, Positive)

Exactly what the title says.

There will soon be a time in my life, where I will struggle but I want to keep writing. Even if the storm outside is on the verge of breaking in, I want to keep going forwards.

But sometimes... There's no storm, just silence... and that silence sucks out the energy to keep going.

rendezvousatsunset

Exactly what the title says.

There will soon be a time in my life, where I will struggle but I want to keep writing. Even if the storm outside is on the verge of breaking in, I want to keep going forwards.

But sometimes... There's no storm, just silence... and that silence sucks out the energy to keep going.
only two choices... either you give up from the start or die trying... most of the time i just recommend to put it off first and go take time for yourself. lots of time for yourself. on the other hand, you can try to write despite being in a slump but i doubt it would be good unless you already had it in your mind before your unmotivated mode...

Plantorsomething

I’d say don’t write if you don’t want to write. In my personal experience, writing is a fun thing that can turn obsessive fast, especially if you attach your self worth to the story like my case, and it’s better for mental health to just not let that happen. I dropped 2 stories, the third is on hiatus, the forth is going nicely and I’m starting a fifth. But I don’t regret the time I put into to the ones I left behind, including the ones I planned for months but never wrote, and it was a nice experience overall that I learned a lot from.
You are giving out *free entertainment*, your readers aren’t entitled to have you finish a series they like, as much as that might sound bad. I feel similarly even to professional writers.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
The idea that someone's life will be improved by reading my story motivates me. However, I'm currently focusing on improving my baby's life by holding my nipple in his mouth for half the day instead of writing.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
There is only one thing that can make you write when you don't feel like writing.

Force yourself to write. That's it. You wanna write? Then write. If you find excuses to why you're not writing, then you won't be writing.

Making a schedule for yourself with specific writing-related timeframes can also help, but that's about it. You need to write if you want to write, otherwise... Well, you'll just keep dreaming about writing and never getting anywhere.

EternalSunset0

What keeps me going?

The few readers I have. I have like a handful of those that engage, and being able to put out something to show them and discuss with them when a new volume comes out keeps me going. It's those whom I can share ideas and some more conversations about my story and characters with that I write for. Those that interact with the story and shared some ideas/excitement.

Chances are, those same people are also kinda weeby who share some anime faves with me, so the conversations then get to stuff like recommendations, our waifus, and such.

as for now, i just want to have fun and escape reality for a bit.

there's also the thing that a lot of stories out there can't give what i need, so i have to write it myself.

it's also a special feeling when writing it compared to reading. i can make the story however i want and there's a full-on interaction with tons of possibilities. while i read, it's just whatever floats the author's boat.

it helps that i'm too lazy to play a lot of video games or even more, to make them myself. i just use it to just play whatever game it's in my mind.

JK-Sama

It's having a small following that motivates me to keep going. Knowing there are people who find my niche story engaging enough to tune in every week and want to see where it goes, and willing to look past my amateur writing. I owe it to me and them to continue the story and hopefully finish it eventually.

And of course, I've wanted to write something I'd want to read, and I find there to be very little of the genre, so thus I'm filling that gap for myself.

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
I read authors I like. I find it incredibly motivating to see good stories that I want to be like and specifically I like imitating the prose.

Kaieta

there's also the thing that a lot of stories out there can't give what i need, so i have to write it myself.

it's also a special feeling when writing it compared to reading. i can make the story however i want and there's a full-on interaction with tons of possibilities. while i read, it's just whatever floats the author's boat.

it helps that i'm too lazy to play a lot of video games or even more, to make them myself. i just use it to just play whatever game it's in my mind.
Hello .
Love to see a weeb who play AL here , came to say hello ^^/
You already escaped from reality .

I just realized you have Laffey as a Profile pic.
Hello .
Love to see a weeb who play AL here , came to say hello ^^/
You already escaped from reality .
Welcome to the Club. AL is a great escape from basically anything.