What is love?

Leti

What is love to you? Is love enough to make you stay alive? How can we measure the amount of love we give and receive? Hotel? Trivago.

Oh, what's love got to do, got to do with it?
What's love but a second-hand emotion?
What's love got to do, got to do with it?
Who needs a heart, when a heart can be broken?

What's love but a second-hand emo-

What's love but a second-hand emo-

Angry_Clown

baby don't hurt me...no more...

OkuraTsukiko

[Peace was never an option]
A stream of dopamine that entertains our mind a while as it dissipates into nothingness until we found a new one

NotYourTypicalMan

Exhausted Member
L is for the way you look at me
O is for the only one I see
V is very, very extraordinary
E is even more than anyone that you adore can

Pretty good song. Good ol Frank Sinatra, Rest in Peace

SternenklarenRitter

Love is the willingness to endure physical or mental harm for the benifit of someone/something else's continued growth/safety/happiness. Most people consider primarily the emotional basis for this, and further restrict it to romantic love for a partner. However, love is far more expansive than romance alone. People frequently talk about loving their family and country, or an anime or movie they found particuarly appealing, for example. Love can also have a rational basis. Firefighters put themselves in danger to rescue people from burning buildings; it is their job to help and care for the victims of disasters, but they aren't exactly connected yet on an emotional level. Love of things is real as well, once can love their car, or a childhood teddybear, very easily and naturally.
I need love to live, but I also need food water and shelter.
Measuring love means testing it. How will you act, when the poop hits the fan? It's not something we can know ahead of time. If you have to make a choice, how does it happen? Is it a deliberate, conscious decision? Do you act instinctively? Freeze up indecisively when conflicting desires confuse you? Perhaps despair and relinquish even what little control you have of the situation? Maybe you love someone less than you thought, and you turn away to flee. Maybe you love even a stranger as your important companion in this world, risking your life to help them. Personally, my love for myself is a little low, so I maybe I would accept fate, doing nothing and neither trying to help nor flee.