What is something that many will see as something worth celebrating in life that you don't really see a point in celebrating it?

• Thread starter Deleted member 45782
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 45782

What is something that many will see as something to celebrate in life, but you don't particularly care for?

For example - a certain stage/milestone in life like celebrating a special age birthday, graduation, etc., etc.?

Is it because its to be expected anyways, cultural differences on what is celebrated, or just not interested in it? Share your thoughts.

gogo7966

banishing a light and a dark. she/her
birthdays and newyears cause that is not how time works

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀

Anything that has to do with normal biological functions.

First period? Cringe. Pregnancy? Cringe. Dying? Cringe. Being born? Cringe.
I felt that way until I had a baby.
Maybe I would feel differently about divorce if I ever had one.

Last edited:

Hazy-mist12

What is something that many will see as something to celebrate in life, but you don't particularly care for?

For example - a certain stage/milestone in life like celebrating a special age birthday, graduation, etc., etc.?

Is it because its to be expected anyways, cultural differences on what is celebrated, or just not interested in it? Share your thoughts.
birthday.....just wondering why birthdays are celebrated even though it's meaning is kinda a countdown to your death

bigbear51

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't be surprised how depressing people on this forum are.

Vaxel00

Weddings, since I see them more as contracts than anything else. Then they divorce as if no one so that coming.

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
When the lights comes back from a black out.

Kids truly love to shout a piercing sharp cry whenever the lights come back—irritating, but then again, I did it when I was a child too. I just don't see the point in celebrating it anymore.

darkpikacha

I personally see no point of any Hollywood awards. I am that type of person who don't watch movies. Also I don't watch any championships of sports. Since I am not a sports person at all. Right, birthdays, certain holidays as well I don't see point of.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I feel like most things people mentioned here actually feel pretty special and are well-worth celebrating~

If I had to list something... I guess it would be when someone's favorite soccer teams wins a run in the mill match.

I understand celebrating if your favorite team wins a championship or gets qualified to one, but I can't help feeling weird when I hear fireworks because a team won a totally average match that did not matter much.

D

Deleted member 45782

Graduation. Cause even if you graduated, at the end of the day, if you didn't get a job out of it...then what was the point of it anyways?

Aaqil

Cookies!
..............what a depressing thread, birthdays would be what i see as a waste to celebrate

Generik0

Funeral Parties?

I feel that it's weird to celebrate after a person's death. But hey can't complain since free food.

AhoDesuGa

Birthdays~

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Weddings, since I see them more as contracts than anything else. Then they divorce as if no one so that coming.
I say it depends a lot on the type of wedding. Throwing a bunch of money at a wedding won't get you any brownie points, but if you and your spouse spend a lot of time on it, make it into a project, choose your own music, and things like that, it can be a bonding experience. Either that, or you get into so many fights that you realize it's better not to get married.

My husband and I had a lot of fun making our playlist, making lots of decorations, and we bought a giant roll of paper instead of tablecloths and set out boxes of crayons on the tables so the guests could doodle on the tables. My boss got ordained by The Church of Bacon so he could officiate the ceremony, and we put a lot of thought into our vows. We made absolutely sure there was nothing about monogamy in the wedding script. My aunt suggested the venue and paid for the venue as our wedding gift. A good friend of ours made the ring bearer's pillow. It was a bonding experience with our community as well as with each other.

A couple of years before that, my boss and his wife hosted a 3-day camping trip for their wedding. They rented out a big summer camp with cabins and a communal dining hall. Since I don't drive, I hitched a ride with my boss, and we stopped at a restaurant supply store on the way to get the food. Then, everyone at camp signed up for one cooking shift and one cleaning shift. The ceremony happened at the campfire circle, and it was very inspiring!

In short, I believe that hiring a wedding planner is one of the biggest mistakes a couple can make.