What is the glossary for?

MissPaige36

✨Senior Forum Citizen✨
I’m rewriting like my entire story right now, so there won’t be anything for a few weeks or months. But what is the glossary for? Like a summary for your story or something?

SailusGebel

It can be anything you want. For example, you can put character lists there. Or miscellaneous info such as the description of countries, cities, spells, weapons, etc. However, not everyone knows that there is a glossary, and not every reader checks it. So if you do fill it, give your readers a heads-up.

MissPaige36

✨Senior Forum Citizen✨
It can be anything you want. For example, you can put character lists there. Or miscellaneous info such as the description of countries, cities, spells, weapons, etc. However, not everyone knows that there is a glossary, and not every reader checks it. So if you do fill it, give your readers a heads-up.
Thank you, now I get it!

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
It's a very useful thing. If you hammer into your readers that it exists. Here's an example of how it works.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
You can use it for any made-up words or for uncommon words that play an important role in your story.

SirDogeTheFirst

Lord Of The Potatoes
I personally use it for expanding the lore, but it also serves as a great tool for taking notes.

EternalSunset0

I use it for character galleries and VAs. They also generally update every volume to show a sense of progression like those updating journals you see in JRPGs.