What is the most beautiful staff/wand/magic casting tool?

Jemini

It's kinda like how the brain just naturally perceives food arrangements that have 5 or more distinct (natural) colors as more appealing. This is because these different colors often means a broader and healthier nutritional balance.

In the same way, the brain precieves weapons as more appealing if they are practically designed, and frills that get in the way of practical use are percieved as being ugly and off-putting.

That's not to say there can't be any frills. If you'll look to my Igarot ax-staff example, there are cut-outs and etchings all over it. Those can be regarded as frills. Except in that case, they are all planned out such that none of them interfere with it's practical use.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
the best thing is obviously the song that come with it.

They say you can't hear music from a picture.

SailusGebel

It's kinda like how the brain just naturally perceives food arrangements that have 5 or more distinct (natural) colors as more appealing. This is because these different colors often means a broader and healthier nutritional balance.

In the same way, the brain precieves weapons as more appealing if they are practically designed, and frills that get in the way of practical use are percieved as being ugly and off-putting.

That's not to say there can't be any frills. If you'll look to my Igarot ax-staff example, there are cut-outs and etchings all over it. Those can be regarded as frills. Except in that case, they are all planned out such that none of them interfere with it's practical use.

TotallyHuman

I think you'd really like the Igorot wing-staff/ax I had designed then. The entire purpose of it is that it can easily be interpreted as a staff by any onlooker, but in reality it's actually a double bit pole-ax, and as someone who's into HEMA I also made sure it was completely combat practical as well.

It was actually the product of a few conversations with the artist that all the magical gems got moved to the center line of the double-purpose weapon. Couldn't have things like that on the business end of the ax, had to keep them at the center line so they wouldn't get in the way or risk getting damaged.

Sensing a pattern here. It's the simplistic designs without the clearly impractical frills that are getting the higher ratings.
When you love magic, but love throwing hands more

Aader

I am too old for this shit.
Silver Trident-Irregular at Magic Highschool
Forging Pen-My Wife is a Demon Queen
350.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231202_000425_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20231202_000425_Brave.jpg
    512.3 KB · Views: 15