What other novels were you inspired by for your current WIP(s)?

SnowLabrador

For me, "A Whisker Away" is inspired by the Studio Colorido film of the same name, whereas "The Promised Underland" is inspired by the Tunnels novels. How about you all?

TsumiHokiro

Just another chick in the universe
Webnovel: Overgeared, The Legendary Mechanic;
Books: The Foundation (Series), Dune (Series), Rama (Series), 2001: A Space Odyssey (Series), World of Darkness (White Wolf);
Manga/Manhwa: Accel World, Dice: The cube that changes everything, The Wandering of Girl's Pair No. 7, Battle Angel Alita (Series);
Games: Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights, Megaman Battle Network (Series), Rhyzom.
Might have others but that I can remember, these are the first ones that pop-up in my mind.

Biggest-Kusa-Out-There

Futanari Enjoyer
Bible Black, Himawari wa Yoru ni Saku, Otome Dori, The Holy Bible, The Quran, The Torah, The Bhagavad-Gita, Dungeon Defense, Mein Kampft, Manifest der Kommunistischen Partei, Das Kapital, Industrial Society and its Future, and iCarly

Enkiari

Well, there certainly was an inspiration.
It was my previous work, which I abandoned a few years ago. I lifted a lot of ideas from it. My current WiP took a future plot point from that story and based the current one on it.
That work aimed too high and tried to be everything. Thus, it failed. The current one is going better, but the scope is ever-increasing. It's very taxing, honestly.
I have spent years in my head. There is no one source of inspiration but an amalgamation of everything.

SailusGebel

Himawari wa Yoru ni Saku,

MatchaChocolate69

Your Favorite Villain
In my case, the more accurate question is, what hasn't inspired me? And I would still struggle to answer.

Yes, today I feel special and much edgier than usual.

MatchaChocolate69

Your Favorite Villain
Who would have known that I will inspire yet another author? Damn I am great!
Bruh.
Actually, it shouldn't surprise you, your roughness (which hides a complex world behind it) is a great source of inspiration for me, sensei.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
I was inspired by a little of everything I was reading: fluffy GL stories, vampire stories, and nobility stories/otome games.

TheKillingAlice

Schinken
Got three works in Progress though. They're pretty different as well.
For Crazy Daughter of the Duke: Every transmigrator story ever, and a little bit of everything mythologic ever
The Crow and the Butterfly: Every Leveling / System story ever, a little bit of everything mythologic ever, but especially the Ars Goetia
Fallen/Untamed: Dead by Daylight sparked an initial scene, though it deviated drastically from it as it all came together for the story as it is.

Other than that, I always liked the myths and gods of the olden days, but didn't shy away from drawing inspiration out of basically everything shown or told to me in my lifetime.

Mikan_Citrus

Hello! New Scribble Hub member here. Ironically, despite being a passionate author and creator in general, the majority of my inspirations do not stem from novels, but there are some that I enjoy—I’ll mention my inspirations from all of the notable mediums that I favor.

I should note that while I have already finished writing my first book—which has been a longtime passion project of mine that I intended to be my debut novel—I plan on creating far more sequels and stories attached to the Arisaka Universe. Whether my works are direct sequels to my current main story, Celestial Violet, or side stories and short fiction taking place in the same setting. Because of this, I shall be sharing a multitude of different works that have inspired my story and the original universe that it takes place in.

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/987427/arisaka-celestial-violet-volume-/

Inspirations

Anime/Manga/Light Novels/Visual Novels: Hellsing Ultimate, Berserk, Tokyo Ghoul, Angel Beats, Black Lagoon, Goblin Slayer, Youjo Senki, Bleach, Highschool of the Dead, Higurashi

Live Action Movies and TV Shows: Blade Runner 2049, John Wick, The Terminal List (<-- this one is adapted from a novel), Memories of Murder, Outrage, The Chaser, The Man From Nowhere

To be honest, as I was listing all of these down this ended up feeling like a recommendation list too lmao. I very much enjoy all of these different works! Perhaps someone else around here has similar cultured tastes as I, Mikan Citrus…
R18 korean webtoon.
I see you everywhere around SHF, lol.

Last edited:

Tyranomaster

Guy who writes stuff
When I first thought up the basic premise it was 11 years ago and I was reading Re:Monster. Since then it's been inspired by other series, such as isekai nonburi and Dr.Stone. The premise hasn't actually changed much from 11 years ago, but those series success gave me the confidence that my story couls actually do well.