What should I do if I try to update it every day and no one sees it?

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
For a bit more chances of recognition, you can plan out your chapter releases at different times of the day. Post one in the morning, another next day in the evening, then in the middle, etc. Or you can find a nice time for yourself that doesn't have that many close releases.

Leti

The five chapters that were updated yesterday received 0.
Most readers don't jump to the latest chapters of a new story. It took time for readers to catch up with new contents, especially if there are plenty of them.Try lowering your pace so that the amount of latest chapters doesn't overwhelm your readers.

XuFu

I don't know your level of English, but if you were the one to write the translated(?) synopsis, it clearly needs some work. It would certainly put me off from actually trying the novel.

I suppose it was meant to convey something along those lines?
I have already modified it. Do you have any Suggestions?

placeintime

Yeeting myself out
Ok, sometimes I feel inspired and afraid of forgetting.

Also, one thing you should think about doing is set a minimum amount of words to post a day or a number of chapters to post a day.

In three days, you posted 16 chapters , like what sushirollw said you should slow down the number of chapters you post,

I see that each one of your chapters is pretty lengthy which is good, but you got to let your readers think about it.

D

Deleted member 29316

Here's a few encouraging words:

GET TIRED, BUT DON'T GIVE UP.

Just keep on writing, you will get your opportunity someday.

D

Deleted member 29316

Also, one thing you should think about doing is set a minimum amount of words to post a day or a number of chapters to post a day.

In three days, you posted 16 chapters , like what sushirollw said you should slow down the number of chapters you post,

I see that each one of your chapters is pretty lengthy which is good, but you got to let your readers think about it.
And yeah, please slow down on lengthy chapter releases. Don't be like me. 😂😂😂

XuFu

Thank you very much for your advice. I'll change it.

XuFu

For a bit more chances of recognition, you can plan out your chapter releases at different times of the day. Post one in the morning, another next day in the evening, then in the middle, etc. Or you can find a nice time for yourself that doesn't have that many close releases.
Thank you very much for your advice. I'll change it.

XuFu

How often does a new chapter benefit the reader?

Razzle-Dazzle

adapt them into English
Just wondering, :blob_hmm: you have already named the paperback version of your novel, "Polls Bureau" and the anime version have widely been know as "Bureau of Paranormal Investigation" or "Occult Investigator's Strange Record"

Why change the name of the translation to "Bureau of Anomalous Biological Countermeasures"?

Did your publisher suggest it because they think it was more attractive to English readers?

Coz I think "Bureau of Paranormal Investigation" or "Occult Investigator's Strange Record" would have been fine...:blob_hmm_two:

XuFu

Just wondering, :blob_hmm: you have already named the paperback version of your novel, "Polls Bureau" and the anime version have widely been know as "Bureau of Paranormal Investigation" or "Occult Investigator's Strange Record"

Why change the name of the translation to "Bureau of Anomalous Biological Countermeasures"?

Did your publisher suggest it because they think it was more attractive to English readers?

Coz I think "Bureau of Paranormal Investigation" or "Occult Investigator's Strange Record" would have been fine...:blob_hmm_two:
Because the direct translation of the book is too long. “Abnormal Biology of the Bureau for Investigation and Research in Folk Affairs”

placeintime

Yeeting myself out
How often does a new chapter benefit the reader?
For me, It depends on what point your on in the plot of your novel, so like if you just starting out in your novel, a new chapter would give the reader more context to what's going on in the novel.

And if your previous chapter was left in a cliff hanger or something, it would make the reader wondering what will happen next in the chapter.

Razzle-Dazzle

Because the direct translation of the book is too long. “Abnormal Biology of the Bureau for Investigation and Research in Folk Affairs”
??? I don't quite understand... I thought the Chinese title is "民调局异闻录" :blob_dizzy:

But its fine, it's your I.P. you can do whatever you like...

XuFu

??? I don't quite understand... I thought the Chinese title is "民调局异闻录" :blob_dizzy:

But its fine, it's your I.P. you can do whatever you like...
This is indeed the Chinese name. I discussed it with the author and he agreed to make some appropriate changes to facilitate my understanding of English.

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
This is indeed the Chinese name. I discussed it with the author and he agreed to make some appropriate changes to facilitate my understanding of English.
Kaguro touched upon it, but basically, ScribbleHub is for original English novels, NOT translations. Translations are hidden from the frontpage and tag/genre searching, so not surprised that you're getting no readers.

What you can do is host it on ScribbleHub, and then add the series on NovelUpdates, (https://www.novelupdates.com/add-series/), which is meant for translations (and also run by the same person who runs ScribbleHub).

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
It takes time to develop readership. You'll get there.

kira

Do you have an account on novel updates? In your profile you can direct people to your story for more readers. I did that for my site on wordpress and people checked it out.(y):s_smile: htpps://kira-kat-writes.com
kira's webnovels haha..check out my fluff!