What Term Would You Use To Refer To The Collection Of Worlds Each Author Has Made?

Lorelliad

call me Roamer 🎩
Excuse my ramblings! :blob_cookie:

So my mind decided to wander off a bit while I was being a tryhard in For Honor. I've got a name in mind, but it's merely a placeholder, so I'm eager to hear what you guys have in mind.

Here's the gist: with each novel or story that gets created, a new "world" is essentially made as well. Not in the literal sense, but you get what I mean. A new world where the story the author makes appears, and goes off to join the sea of other worlds made by other authors.

My question is what term do you use for this collection of worlds? I've got Novelverse as my placeholder, but it sounds kinda cringey :sweating_profusely:

J_Chemist

Imagined Universe.
I think I like this one. This and Novelverse are good words for it, but they both put in the assumption that the worlds and universes all work under the same rules, where they may not.

I have a book in a Fantasy Setting with Swords & Magic, ruled over by random Racial Gods.
I also have a Sci-Fi book with no Gods, heretical religions, and some random alien races (not fantasy races). There's no Magic and no Swords. Just ballistics and energy/laser weaponry. The Sci-Fi book also takes place on a galactic scale with the characters moving in between systems.

Imagined Universe assumes the stories take place in the same bubble, the same universe, where the rules between them all are entirely unique and different. Novelverse assumes that the Series' are all linked together.

Rather, Imagined Multiverse might be more of a better term. Similar to how Marvel explains it with its Multiverse theories- each book/series gets its own Sphere Of Influence (SOI) where the universe inside follows its own rules and has its own board that pieces are placed on. Multiverse assumes that there are multiples of these SOIs.

This also assumes there is a potential for the worlds to be connected, which leaves open the potential for (dare I fucking say it) Fanfics where Characters from the different series can potentially meet should some space rifting happen.

Tempokai

Overworked One
If it's a comedic, just call it Whateververse. It's literally whatever worlds inside of the verse

LilRora

Mostly formless
The Dreamland, I suppose?

Or Dreamverse? That sounds worse.

I'm sticking with the Dreamland.

Rhaps

Jedi Fae
I have two names that I use:
Slumbering Ruler's Dream (Since I usually write before bed, and I have a god complex a.k.a being a DM)
Rhapsverse (my name, duh)

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
A shared universe
They aren't a shared universe, other than the fact that they are shared in our universe.

I like Novelverse, and I don't really think it is cringey. But you can call it whatever you imagine it, since there isn't really a coined word for it. The closest thing is the 'press'. lol