What's the closest novel you've ever read that was "perfect"?

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Perfection is a lie as even being perfect is an imperfection in itself. That said my editor brain denies the notion of something not being able to change for the better.

Also anything without harem and/or idiotic and/or edgy protags is already on my "very good" list

Maze_Runner

□■ - I like running in mazes - ■□
I heard the book was better than the movies which changed into a zombie movie. The 2nd and 3rd Movies were terrible, I haven't read the books.
Yeah, the books are 100000x better. I mean yes it was kinda turned into a zombie movie but it was how the virus worked. I do agree about the 2nd and 3rd movies. Most of the time it pissed me off when they just stood and stared. Like actually Teresa could've lived in the movie if she hadn't just stood there and stared.

LiteraryWho

Also anything without harem and/or idiotic and/or edgy protags is already on my "very good" list
urge to shill... rising...

<cough>

Ah, uh, anyway, to the OP. I think A Comedy of Justice by Heinlein is probably my personal fave, though in terms of "perfection" I think I might have to give it to Ender's Game by Card (and if there's anyone here who hasn't read it, you're missing out).

Titanoktonon

The Azarinth Healer.
Almost 10k pages long, and there has yet to be a chapter that makes me want to stop reading. At most, I've delayed reading a chapter afew hours because I have work to do.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Yeah, the books are 100000x better. I mean yes it was kinda turned into a zombie movie but it was how the virus worked. I do agree about the 2nd and 3rd movies. Most of the time it pissed me off when they just stood and stared. Like actually Teresa could've lived in the movie if she hadn't just stood there and stared.
You mean like how she died in the helicopter? Horrible, stupid, scene that made zero sense and I was like... wtf did I just watch?

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
Closest things to perfection I've read are 11/22/63 by Stephen King and The Poet by Michael Connelly.

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
No story is perfect. You could have the best plot, the best characters, but be terrible at executing it. You could be needlessly stretching out the book just for the sake of it.

That being said, surely there are some gems out there, polished or hidden, that manage to create a well rounded story.

A story that has many positive things to it that even the flaws are negligible or simply not big enough to care about.

As for me, my "perfect" novel changes weekly, so I can't exactly trust myself.
Lord of the Mysteries