What's your average word count per chapter in your story?

Mortrexo

2.1k. An average reader takes about 10 minutes to read that, so it is like uploading a small YouTube video.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
800-3k words depending on where. My average is around 1300 words per chapter.

Amrasil207

4k for the one I had published... all my other drafts have 5k. I'm trying to write something sorter, but eh...

Crabapples

mine is 2.7k, but i think anything is a good answer. what i mean is, did you tell all that you wanted to tell in the chapter? did you get it all out? is now a good stopping point? reread it, does it make sense?

i think those are better questions to ask about chapters than raw word length. The Sisters of Dorley has an average word count of 20k, and it never feels too long. Digital Galaxies has an average word count of 2k and it never feels like i got shortchanged on words.

write what you can, stop where you feel is good to stop. it’s your paper, you can’t mess it up unless you say you did.

Sylver

Average word count for me is about 2.4k, but it varies. On Friday, my chapter was a near 5k word length. Yesterday's chapter was 2.5k words. My personal rule is my chapters need to reach at least 2k words, excluding the Introduction chapter.

Saberfang

Well, the statistics on my story say my average word count per chapter is 3.5K I guess.