Whats your current excuse for procrastinating?

Leti

As a reader, I'm not into writing stories I wouldn't finish. Which mean not writing anything at all. Does that count as procrastination?

HokuouTenrou

stuck (writer's block?), stressed(?)/depressed(??), lazy/lethargy. one might or might not be related to each other.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
My parasi- um, I mean my fetus, gave me gestational diabetes, and so now I have to think constantly about what I can and can't eat instead of thinking about my story.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Currently reading an old story I wrote a while back but more or less rewrote/revamped with more....stuff. In it.

Still, this rewrite was about a year and a half ago so I'm reading about 40K works worth of stuff to see if I'll post it here which is stopping me from writing anything.

Legit excuse? Maybe? >.>

mcarandang2

I hope its procrastination because the alternative is much scarier. stay safe everyone, when you're in a hole stop digging.

P.S.
I strangely remember the quote being, if you're in a hole keep digging and you'll have a chance to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
(although I could be confusing an avatar quote, and I feel that it's from the relevance and the world flying of the tracks in SB)

the other one would be from spiral (manga?), those who don't give up are admirable, but the ones who reach rock bottom and then climb back up...

hccpu

Waiting for the library to finally transfer John Truby's "The Anatomy of Story: 22 Steps to Becoming a Master Storyteller" so I can properly lay the foundation for when I do write out the 'novel' itself.

CL

Work. Covid 19 put us behind in production, but. since our establishment was labeled as "essential", they still had us come in to something called a "deep clean" to all equipment and machinery and, also, sanitizing every inch of the entire plant (like doorknobs get bleached every hour). Now that our costumers are requesting orders again, in an effort to catch up to our quota we're being mandated major overtime. As an example: I'm working 24hrs in just the next two days out of a regular 40hr work week (unless they mandate one of my days off this weekend too). :blob_no:

Prepare to make fun of me for this: I also have a big problem (a real mental issue) with not feeling confident in my writing skills (to me, English grammar sucks). This has me afraid to be disheartened. Somebody's potentially negative review on how the story is written (such as a comment about stopping to solve a "linguistic puzzle") will give me doubt about continuing without first "fixing" what I have done. I don't want to put effort into writing (grammatically correct) if there is only harm to be gained for showing the story. I do not have thick skin (and I am not in this for a single dime). I would regret feeling that I am better off returning towards my bed to dream without speaking a word about these stories. These stories, they will eventually be changed by age by my procrastination, or, simply, forgotten and, tragically, gone for good when I am if I don't try to share.

On a more serious note: I am past stressed out. When my co-author (a household family member) had died on April 20th of this year, I cracked. I missed out on the last words they wanted to tell me because I wasn't patient. The day before they died, I tried to stay by their bedside and wait for them to say what was so important, but they kept silent except when insisting I stay. I left. Not knowing what they wanted to say to me had, deeply, disturbed me and will haunt me for the rest of my life. I'm not experiencing writers block or being burnt out; I am broken. I have lost a lot of confidence in myself in doing the right thing.

These are a few reason I, currently, can think of why I procrastinate.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
I'm stuck and everything that I try to write as a side project keeps getting axed because the source material moves past it and cans it.

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠
Work. Covid 19 put us behind in production, but. since our establishment was labeled as "essential", they still had us come in to something called a "deep clean" to all equipment and machinery and, also, sanitizing every inch of the entire plant (like doorknobs get bleached every hour). Now that our costumers are requesting orders again, in an effort to catch up to our quota we're being mandated major overtime. As an example: I'm working 24hrs in just the next two days out of a regular 40hr work week (unless they mandate one of my days off this weekend too). :blob_no:

Prepare to make fun of me for this: I also have a big problem (a real mental issue) with not feeling confident in my writing skills (to me, English grammar sucks). This has me afraid to be disheartened. Somebody's potentially negative review on how the story is written (such as a comment about stopping to solve a "linguistic puzzle") will give me doubt about continuing without first "fixing" what I have done. I don't want to put effort into writing (grammatically correct) if there is only harm to be gained for showing the story. I do not have thick skin (and I am not in this for a single dime). I would regret feeling that I am better off returning towards my bed to dream without speaking a word about these stories. These stories, they will eventually be changed by age by my procrastination, or, simply, forgotten and, tragically, gone for good when I am if I don't try to share.

On a more serious note: I am past stressed out. When my co-author (a household family member) had died on April 20th of this year, I cracked. I missed out on the last words they wanted to tell me because I wasn't patient. The day before they died, I tried to stay by their bedside and wait for them to say what was so important, but they kept silent except when insisting I stay. I left. Not knowing what they wanted to say to me had, deeply, disturbed me and will haunt me for the rest of my life. I'm not experiencing writers block or being burnt out; I am broken. I have lost a lot of confidence in myself in doing the right thing.

These are a few reason I, currently, can think of why I procrastinate.
Life is such my friend. First of all - my condolences even if it's late. Don't worry about those comments - I also experience it a lot. Procrastination many of us also experience it. Anyway, we can't fill everyone's expectations - we're not perfect. Write when you feel like it, and don't when you feel like don't want to. Chill and enjoy - life is short to bother yourself with all the people. Be you that's enough.

Reactions: CL

HJ

The burn injury on my forearm made it difficult to type words on the laptop. But it already healed a week ago. And then various things happened. Right now it's because of lack of interest. My mind is just not into it. One book is ending and another is just beginning. And then there are other characters from another story who are starting to show interest of being written.

To occupy my time, I've been doing some home gardening and grew an appreciation of plants. I also joined my neighbors for a trekking which my cousin noted was a first since I've been staying in my cave (study table) writing for months. Another thing I picked up was bread making, baozi and dumpling making. Today, I made a kimchi just so that I would not remain idle. During the evenings I watch tutorials for drawing and making digital art. Even a scribe like me with a totally zero background in art wishes to make their own cover for their novel someday. It's shameful but I have to admit that I only grabbed photos from the internet and edited them. I think this is one added to the reasons for my slump.

HappyVainGlory

I procrastinate because writing a story is a lot more fun than writing a case brief.

MajorKerina

I'm irked by the fact my story, which I wrote on an absolute train of enthusiasm has been derailed by some sort of glitch or unusual delay in release so I can't get feedback and get going mentally for the next part. I dunno if that's procrastination so much as having a bad feedback loop leading to depression and uncertainty. Procrastination is the egg goo on the skillet I need to clean.