What's your favorite thing about writing?

SailusGebel

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
For me, it's a hobby and craft that I can now say I'm proud of. The fact that I can finally jot down all the thoughts and worlds in my head without anyone telling me, no. Sharing them with people is a plus but it also has its downsides. I mean, I started writing out of spite, boredom, and depression. Now, I do it because I can't stop.

J_Chemist

If I were not a writer, I'd be a blacksmith.

Creating something from imagination and through the effort of your own hands is something that cannot be replicated by anything else. Building cars, building houses, building things has always been something that's brought me joy. Making stories is something I've done since I was a youngin', and I've been stubborn enough to never lose it. Writing allows me to bring those stories to life through the use of Word.

The story is important. The journey of the characters is fun. Seeing others enjoy my story is empowering. But, above all, it's when I take that step back and see that I've made something. That is my favorite part.

Iamnotabot

Bot of [PAUL]
Basicly, if it weren't for writting i would never be on the hub, meet vampire that are friend with chirstian dragon, witch with no nose, that one agentt like to kidnap me and ofcourse my wife.

But also, "chase that bag" as one would put it.

Asthael

There's something satisfying about weaving a reality from nothing but ideas. It's fun and powerful. I also like knitting and painting. I think it's a natural human thing to want to create and writing satisfies that itch. Also, am I the only one that likes the feeling of stacks of worn, wrinkled, handwritten pages in journals or loose leaf? It just feels magical!

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
My favorite thing is imagination, just imagining new things. Also, imagining new ways to use words or flip sentences. That's why I enjoy poetry a lot.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
I'm a man. To have a favorite thing would imply I had feelings. The only feeling a man should experience is hungry. I write because it's a productive use of my time.

LadyKitty

If I were not a writer, I'd be a blacksmith.

Creating something from imagination and through the effort of your own hands is something that cannot be replicated by anything else. Building cars, building houses, building things has always been something that's brought me joy. Making stories is something I've done since I was a youngin', and I've been stubborn enough to never lose it. Writing allows me to bring those stories to life through the use of Word.

The story is important. The journey of the characters is fun. Seeing others enjoy my story is empowering. But, above all, it's when I take that step back and see that I've made something. That is my favorite part.
You speak words of wisdom!

LadyKitty

There's something satisfying about weaving a reality from nothing but ideas. It's fun and powerful. I also like knitting and painting. I think it's a natural human thing to want to create and writing satisfies that itch. Also, am I the only one that likes the feeling of stacks of worn, wrinkled, handwritten pages in journals or loose leaf? It just feels magical!
Writing is so magical, and it's a perfection of art in every artist's soul. 🥰

Redemit

As somebody who struggles greatly with writing for multiple reasons
I don't.