Where did you first heard the term Eskimo Sisters

Agentt

Thighs
So, today, a childhood memory stuck me.

I don't know how young I was, but I was very young.

I once asked my parents,
"Why can't I marry my sister?"

And well, my parents couldn't really explain to me, they just kept saying it's "a bad thing"

My older brother, who had overheard this, simply and very calmly said,
"Eskimos do that."

I asked him to explain, but he simply repeated,
"Eskimos marry their sisters."

It hit me today that most probably, my brother, who was like 12 at the time, must had read the term, "Eskimo sisters/pole sisters" somewhere and took it literally.

What is Eskimo sisters?
Screenshot_20220117-171140_DuckDuckGo.jpg

So, the question arises,

How did he learn the term?

Like, Eskimo Sisters is such a rare slang to use, I honestly had never heard it used before, until last year in a manga.

So, really? How did he learn it?
I don't think I have even ever seen a lewd video use that term.

I have 2 theories~~
1. Someone on any social media had posted that two specific girls are eskimo sisters

2. He saw it on one of those teen girl dramas that air on TV, and I believe the boomers at the TV station were just too lazy to search what it meant, and let it pass, cuz anything on TV was supposed to be super family friendly at the time.

TotallyHuman

You are probably right. I'm too lazy to guess when and where that was, what kind of socio-economic situation your family was in and in what kind of company your brother was during that time to draw any meaningful conclusions just like that.

Agentt

Thighs
You are probably right. I'm too lazy to guess when and where that was, what kind of socio-economic situation your family was in and in what kind of company your brother was during that time to draw any meaningful conclusions just like that.
Hmmm, let's see, we very recently had gotten internet, so I believe this was 2007, and we had gotten internet at 2005? at the time my brother was only on Facebook, and all TV shows were dubbed.

Etooo, and a child of his age didn't really know English that well, this was the time when we didn't read any book other than academics.

Reborn_Cat

A lazy cat pretending to be human
I only recently heard about it from someone named Agentt

Last edited:

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
We reiterate, is that a compliment?
At that time, it meant that I was a eunuch.

Granted, the thais' transgender look good, probably because they only display the good ones, unlike now...

I recall how my uncles and grandfather always complimented about the transgender club and their "hostesses" look and feel exactly like real women. Kudos to the thais for even making a fifth sex before it got crud.

Agentt

Thighs
I only recently heard about it from someone named agentt
*Agentt
At that time, it meant that I was a eunuch.

Granted, the thais' transgender look good, probably because they only display the good ones, unlike now...

I recall how my uncles and grandfather always complimented about the transgender club and their "hostesses" look and feel exactly like real women. Kudos to the thais for even making a fifth sex before it got crud.
Orz...asians don't differ much when it comes to skeletal structure according to gender, I suppose, so they do look pretty