Which cover makes you want more to click on the story?

Which cover makes you want more to click on the story (combined with title)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jayrayme6

On my quest to optimize the cover for maximum marketing value, I'm looking for your opinions considering that the demographic here is mostly teen males boys which is my main audience...
Hooded man.png
Crow one.png
Mad King of the treemen.png

LordJoyde

If you want a marketable cover, combine boobs with edgyness.
With that said, number one wins here.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Huh. You know, looking at it again, my only gripe is the sword. It's too thin in the middle, would make it weak there. And towards the point, the width swells. Would mess with the balance of the weapon, among other things.

But yeah it's mainly just a gripe

the crow looks like a penguin chick. also nice bestseller at the bottom

atgongumerki

I still like the 3rd one, maybe due to nostalgia ... I mean it made it to round ... what 4?

P.S. maybe it is just me, but putting the pictures in a different order than the polling-options seems evil, ok maybe just confusing, but I hear hyperboles are the way to go.

SuperHeiyan

I didn't even noticed the wolf on the picture but hooded figure is the most catchy one and associated with more interesting literature works than other options so it's the one that makes me want to click the most.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Why not focus on writing an actually compelling story, instead of obsessing over the cover? Also more booba plz.
Huh. You know, looking at it again, my only gripe is the sword. It's too thin in the middle, would make it weak there. And towards the point, the width swells. Would mess with the balance of the weapon, among other things.

But yeah it's mainly just a gripe
That is actually a traditional style. Leaf shaped blades were common among celtic people, although they were usually shorter swords. A leaf shaped longsword isn't as far fetched as it seems, despite the obvious weaknesses.

Amok

grblbrbl
One with the castle without the red text and with maybe a smaller title font

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Why not focus on writing an actually compelling story, instead of obsessing over the cover? Also more booba plz.
Because everyone who says "dont judge a book by its cover" are fucking idiots. That's the reason we put covers on books in the first place. Its the whole purpose of a cover.
That is actually a traditional style. Leaf shaped blades were common among celtic people, although they were usually shorter swords. A leaf shaped longsword isn't as far fetched as it seems, despite the obvious weaknesses.
I've seen leaf shaped blades, but that middle is simply too thin and its not even leaf shaped all throughout. Just that swell. which is weird. I mean I'm sure this has probably been a thing at some point throughout history, but usually odd shaped swords like this died out fast cuz they werent as practical as some others. Every shape has its strengths and weaknesses, this just seems to have more weaknesses than a normal longsword.

As I said tho, its just a gripe. It's not something I'm gonna really bitch over beyond a passing comment. Still looks dope af

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Because everyone who says "dont judge a book by its cover" are fucking idiots. That's the reason we put covers on books in the first place. Its the whole purpose of a cover.
He's made like five of these threads though. At some point you just have to face the reality that the cover may not be the only reason you're not getting reads.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
He's made like five of these threads though. At some point you just have to face the reality that the cover may not be the only reason you're not getting reads.
Yeah I get wanting feedback. But it's gone a bit far. Has the novel even been published yet? I thought this was just setup. Looks like professional quality stuff too.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
you better go tell OP cause mate's fucken desperate

1637422028416.png

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Yeah I get wanting feedback. But it's gone a bit far. Has the novel even been published yet? I thought this was just setup. Looks like professional quality stuff too.
I think it's 12 chapters long now.