Which POVs do you like the most?

• 1st person POV

• 2nd person POV

• 3rd person POV

• Omniscient POV

• Objective POV

Results are only viewable after voting.

BlackKnightX

I love reading in 1st person POV. It‘s much simpler and much faster. But, I find it easier to write in 3rd person POV.

I think the reason for that is, I watch a lot of movies and animes, so when I visualize the scene in my head, I usually visualize it in the camera angles.

Right now, I’m trying to learn to write in 1st person POV. I think it’s gonna be more fun that way.

So, what about you guys? Which POVs do you like the most?

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
First-person. Why? I connect more with the character. I like to know the details of every little thing that goes into their minds. I feel like they are telling me the story. :3 They become my buddy through the world they live in. And guess what? I don't mind if they are psychos. They will be my buddy psychopathic person. 💕

Renaxan

Enthusiastic about a lot of things.
First POV due to the possibility of inner monologue and can portray the feeling of what the character currently thought much better than the other view.

But it is also depend on the situation. I have learn that write action scenes suck very bad to write on First POV and better to do it on 3rd POV. (Because in action you need observed in a lot aspect, not only the character).

RayneStorm

I've always found that first person makes the protagonist sound childlike and immature. I like third person limited in general but I've seen some people write in third person omniscient and that was enjoyable. It's a hard POV to write in. I actually like second person more than first which should tell you how little I enjoy first person.

And like the hypocrite I am, guess who's writing a story in not only first person but first person present tense? That would be me. While I may not like first person, sometimes it does fit the story better and I'm experimenting a little. Having said that... I kinda wished I'd written it in third *face palm*

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
I write in first person, cause I used to Role play a lot. Kinda helps get into the character's mentality too?

killwrites

Need motivation
I'm fine with both since they have their advantages, and in fact, I use both 1st person and 3rd person POVs in my story lol. It makes the POV change from one character to another more distinct

Jemini

Err... 1st, 2nd and 3rd person are on a completely different scale from Omnicient and Objective POV.

The poll questions SHOULD be

1st person Omnicient
1st person Objective
2nd person Omnicient
2nd person Objective
3rd person Omnicient
3rd person Objective

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
3rd person objective if I'm not too focused on comedy, I feel that it's the best way to show interactions between multiple "main" characters without revealing too much. If it is comedy-focused, omniscient narrator since I like it when characters overreact.

1st person is great tho if the story is focused on a single character, makes the reader feel closer as if they're having a journey with the chara.

Err... 1st, 2nd and 3rd person are on a completely different scale from Omnicient and Objective POV.

1st person Omnicient
1st person Objective
2nd person Omnicient
2nd person Objective
3rd person Omnicient
3rd person Objective
Wait.. 1st and 2nd person have an omniscient viewpoint? How would that work?

RaidenInfinity

One who draws catgirls
I prefer first person POV for turn-brain-off-to-read self-insert wish fulfillment stories. (Typical OP as fuck main character japanese isekai falls under this category) Third person limited is fine too but there's less "immersion" and since I actually want this effect, I prefer to write in this POV.

Second person POV, in my opinion, is only good for interactive stories such as CYOA and text-based video games where the reader's choices affect the story. Stories where the author receives suggestion from readers through interaction like poll results count too.

As for third person omniscient POV, I think it's better used for stories that are written like a documentary of a fictional event (the kind that involves large scale scenarios like wars).

D

Deleted member 45782

Tbh i realize now like self insert a lot. So 1st person. I often imagine first person view. Easier to describe your emotions and thoughts than explain another person's emotions. 3rd feels detached. But i like 3rd view when character going gets tough and placed in a situation you definitely don't wanna self insert too, say tragic story. Maybe habit switching back and forth thu 1st is fav.

I tried doing a 2nd view on something once. Gave up at start. It is hard unless you do CYOA.

Jemini

3rd person objective if I'm not too focused on comedy, I feel that it's the best way to show interactions between multiple "main" characters without revealing too much. If it is comedy-focused, omniscient narrator since I like it when characters overreact.

1st person is great tho if the story is focused on a single character, makes the reader feel closer as if they're having a journey with the chara.

Wait.. 1st and 2nd person have an omniscient viewpoint? How would that work?

2nd person, easy.

You tell the man that he should suck a lemon. He is not amused and thinks you are very childish for this weak attempt at an insult.

2nd person omnicient just boils down to lazy writing when it comes to descriptions.

1st person omnicient is a little weird, but there are people who do it.

bananapink

The Sickly Banana
I'm used to 3rd person POV.
When I first read from a 1st person POV I couldn't help but cringe. It took a while to get used to it.

LilTV1155

1st person tend to get complicated when monologue and dialogues get fuzzy. But I do understand a character a lot from that perspective usually from the dreamer's position inside a dream setting. Unfortunately, the position is gender-based and the emotions that come with it are always painful to bear with.

3rd person, I was used to it due to reading good books when I was kid. Not to mention, it's the best safety perspective for whenever I go dreaming.

2nd person is hard. You have to cater to readers to make it work because the "you" is used so often.
-
But for omniscient and objective, what's the differences?

BlackKnightX

1st person Omnicient
1st person Objective
2nd person Omnicient
2nd person Objective
3rd person Omnicient
3rd person Objective
If you go into more details, yeah sure. But all that are just the combination of the two if you look at it carefully.

Actually, you can even combine whatever you want with it. Rules are to be broken after all.

But, I don’t want that specific of an answer.

So, if I cut out those combinations, all I got is what you’ve seen in the poll.

And also, you didn’t even include 1st person in your example. 1st person and 1st person Omniscient aren’t the same thing. At least from what I understand.

*I meant 1st person limited when I said 1st person.*

Last edited:

BlackKnightX

Tbh i realize now like self insert a lot. So 1st person. I often imagine first person view. Easier to describe your emotions and thoughts than explain another person's emotions. 3rd feels detached. But i like 3rd view when character going gets tough and placed in a situation you definitely don't wanna self insert too, say tragic story. Maybe habit switching back and forth thu 1st is fav.

I tried doing a 2nd view on something once. Gave up at start. It is hard unless you do CYOA.
I find it very hard to control the pacing in 1st person POV. It feels rush. I try to add more details and monologue, but it still feels rush.

Writing in 3rd person POV is much easier for me to create that flow.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Here are a couple of short stories by Soramimi Hanarejima that you can read without buying their books:
If you like these, buy the books!

BlackKnightX

But for omniscient and objective, what's the differences?
Omniscient is like looking through the eyes of god. You can go everywhere, see everything, and even go into every character’s head.

Objective is the opposite. You are just a mere camera, or a fly on the wall. You can only observe from the outside. You can’t hear any character’s thoughts. It’s like a movie.