Which POVs do you like the most?

• 1st person POV

• 2nd person POV

• 3rd person POV

• Omniscient POV

• Objective POV

Results are only viewable after voting.

Akivien

Most writers put stuff about themselves in their characters. In fact, most creative stories are a writer trying to critique something or tell something that nothey see needs to be said.

Sometimes they don't realize this though, but it is usually always there. I mean, it is hard to not associate yourself with a story you are writing.

It's scary to put yourself out there, but it's also fun. c:
What i do is, put a small part of myself in many different characters, i fear for my mental health and sanity.

BlackKnightX

Anything is fine with me, but I enjoy an omniscient POV because it gives us an in depth look at what's going through each character's head. As well as the overall effects that each event has on the world in a general sense.
Omniscient if used in a war scene, it will be very epic!
I love writing in 1st person. However, I enjoy reading both 1st and 3rd person. There are a few stories that I enjoyed more than most because they would be in 1st person for the main character but would switch to 3rd person when the story focused on anyone else. you would think that this would get confusing but the authors always found ways to make it easy to understand who the story was focusing on. I try to mimic this writing style myself but I'm not exactly the best at it. Guess I have to practice more.
I‘ve read some stories like that too. I think it’s good, though. Not confusing at all.

I like to insert myself into the protagonist when I read. So using 1st person POV when focusing on the protagonist is good.

And, when you want to focus on the other characters, using 3rd person POV works very well to create the distinction.
What i do is, put a small part of myself in many different characters, i fear for my mental health and sanity.
It’s very normal, though. You can only make the evil character as evil as you have the knowledge to do it. Same goes for a very smart character.

Every characters are the parts of you. It’s what you’ve seen or experienced in your life, or read in the other stories.

Last edited:

ConcubusBunny

Chaotic lewd enby bunny. They/them
I prefer the omniscient and 3rd person mix in to add depth to characters and MC(s) it's really refreshing getting to know the thought process of not just the MC(s), but also other characters as well. The story may feel slow-paced or rushed at times as they try to feed you the thought process emotion and perspective of everyone involved at that given time, but I think it works if the author is skilled, I can't remember anything apart from
Spiderman and the house of venom.