• Flame Witch!

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Fire Witch!

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Neither! Choose something else!

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters

DJ_Rhaposdy

I've been reading over my story Former Isekai Hero was Corrupted by His Overpowerdness and Now the People Need Me, a Prince of This World, to Defeat His and Save our Land and found a bit of a continuity error in the nickname for one of my characters, a powerful fire mage. I had originally named her the Fire Witch after a character in a King Crimson song, but when renaming the chapters, I called her the Flame Witch because I think its more phonetically pleasing. For the sake of continuity, I fixed the error and made her the Fire Witch. However, I thought I'd get a second, third, fourth, and maybe even a fifth opinion.

Let me know what you think! Should I keep her as the Fire Witch, or should I change it back to the Flame Witch? Oooor, should I change it to a different name. The story has a German naming convention, so I'm open to suggestions if it suits the character better.

Her real name is Gertrude von Beltzer. Here's an idea of what she looks like:
Former Isekai- Female Characters.png

Height compared to the other female characters. (On the far left)

Gertude.png

As the Fire/Flame Witch

Shard

Keeper of Fluffy Tails
I'd go with fire witch because I try to write in a way anyone can understand, though I prefer flame witch out of the two. Pyromancer is another good one, as are both Witch of Embers and Cinder Witch. Could also go with Witch of Conflagration, Burning One, Reactive Witch, Flaming Lady, etc.

Lots of ways you could put it depending on both how direct you want it, and what level of language you are aiming for. Additionally, consider how much affinity they have - you could have ash/ashen, ember, candlelight, torch, campfire, bonfire, wildfire. Perhaps instead of witch you could use servant, mistress, lady, queen, empress.

If you want impressive, consider something such as Empress of the Eternal Conflagration. If you want more humble, something along the lines of Lady of Flame or Candlelight Witch might be better.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
I'd go with fire witch because I try to write in a way anyone can understand, though I prefer flame witch out of the two. Pyromancer is another good one, as are both Witch of Embers and Cinder Witch. Could also go with Witch of Conflagration, Burning One, Reactive Witch, Flaming Lady, etc.

Lots of ways you could put it depending on both how direct you want it, and what level of language you are aiming for. Additionally, consider how much affinity they have - you could have ash/ashen, ember, candlelight, torch, campfire, bonfire, wildfire. Perhaps instead of witch you could use servant, mistress, lady, queen, empress.

If you want impressive, consider something such as Empress of the Eternal Conflagration. If you want more humble, something along the lines of Lady of Flame or Candlelight Witch might be better.
This right here! Gives me much inspiration for what I am currently writing~

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
Fire Witch has snark potential to be called Fire Bitch.

Just comes with the territory. Flame Bitch doesnt have that wickedly delightful a ring to it.

DJ_Rhaposdy

Witch of Embers
Cinder Witch
Inferno Witch
Ooh! I like those names! Especially Witch of Embers, which I might change to Ember Witch or Witch of the Ember.
Magic Arsonist
That is definitely the most accurate to what Gertrude does in the story.

So many good suggestions! Lady of the Flame may be a name she's called when she's not acting as an antagonist.
Fire Witch has snark potential to be called Fire Bitch.

Just comes with the territory. Flame Bitch doesnt have that wickedly delightful a ring to it.
I was just thinking about calling her something like that! The protagonist, Anno, is too polite to call her that, but I have a few characters with a crasser sense of humor.

Last edited:

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
I'm gonna go with the flamed bitch. I mean Flame Witch.

But if you're collecting name ideas, here are a few: Witch of Conflagration, Wildfire Witch, Blazing Witch, Tsundere, Ashen Witch, Pyro Witch.
Burning Witch might also work unless Witches are already burned in-lore. Might make things confusing otherwise.

DJ_Rhaposdy

I'm gonna go with the flamed bitch. I mean Flame Witch.

But if you're collecting name ideas, here are a few: Witch of Conflagration, Wildfire Witch, Blazing Witch, Tsundere, Ashen Witch, Pyro Witch.
Burning Witch might also work unless Witches are already burned in-lore. Might make things confusing otherwise.
Gotta love how you threw in Tsundere right in the middle of such good suggestions! As far as lore goes. As of now, witches are not burned, just disliked. The word is used as an insult for mages.

MouseDestruction

I've been reading over my story Former Isekai Hero was Corrupted by His Overpowerdness and Now the People Need Me, a Prince of This World, to Defeat His and Save our Land and found a bit of a continuity error in the nickname for one of my characters, a powerful fire mage. I had originally named her the Fire Witch after a character in a King Crimson song, but when renaming the chapters, I called her the Flame Witch because I think its more phonetically pleasing. For the sake of continuity, I fixed the error and made her the Fire Witch. However, I thought I'd get a second, third, fourth, and maybe even a fifth opinion.

Let me know what you think! Should I keep her as the Fire Witch, or should I change it back to the Flame Witch? Oooor, should I change it to a different name. The story has a German naming convention, so I'm open to suggestions if it suits the character better.

Her real name is Gertrude von Beltzer. Here's an idea of what she looks like:
View attachment 20363
Height compared to the other female characters. (On the far left)

View attachment 20362
As the Fire/Flame Witch

Don't forget there is a difference between being called The Fire Witch and the Fire Witch - I think one is a title and one is a name?