Which story tag immediately put you off a story?

MisterEnigmatic

Its giving homophobia ngl
Prolly cultivation, ntr, rape, mind control and mind break, the usually. Oh and scat and snuff but that's for manga and...other stuff.
I try to forget that scat and snuff exist.
🤷‍♀️
*Runs Away*
Come back, you coward.
No one has said yandere yet, so this of course means that we're all highly intelligent individuals.

Last edited:

Verdante

Harem. I also don't like love triangles. If they're not done well, I get annoyed. If they're done well, my heart hurts for the third person. There's no winning for me

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
BDSM
Beastkin
Bloodlines
Brother complex
Cheating
Cheats
Clumsy Love Interests
Cold Love Interests
Dense Protagonist
Emotionally weak Protagonist
Handjob
Grinding
Incest
Lack of Common Sense
Loli
Yandere
Masochistic Characters
Master-Disciple Relationship
Master-Servant Relationship
Masturbation
Mob Protagonist
Mpreg
Netorare
Netorase
Netori
Omegaverse
Oneshot
Paizuri
Perverted Protagonist
Playboys
Rape (for some reason, there is a reverse rape? Isn't rape goes just both ways)
Reluctant Protagonist
Senpai-Kouhai Relationship
Sex Friends
Shota
Sister Complex
Slave Harem
Sudden Strength Gain
Tsundere
Younger love interests

Out of the way tags that actually bring me in: Cannibalism, Crazy Protagonist, Dead Protagonist.
In searching for a comprehensive list of tags that won't bring me in unless it has been recommended or a twist that improves it amazingly (which applies to almost nothing), I regret what I learned.
I regret the research so much.

Last edited:

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
@HelloHound every time I've seen a lot of these tags, if that is such a primary focus of the story that they needed an actual tag to point it out, then it's problem.

Kenjona

When searching: Josei; Incest; GB; BL; GL; Futa; certain NTR tags just not NTR itself. Mainly because I am not interested in Smut of those types, so the entire group gets the boot for ease of searching for new stories.
We have enough choices on the internet for stories to read, that we do have the luxury to be very picky. Even then I may be tolerant of certain tags once I read the synopsis when I am scrolling through recent story posted list.

That said:
I admit I will drop a story once it gets to a chapter I am very uncomfortable with.

Lynet

What does NTR mean?

For me it's GL and GB, probably. And Smut if it's not Gay. Harem if it's not Gay. In General everything sexual if it's not Gay.
NTR is acronym for Netorase but sometimes it gets mixed with Netori. Netorase is the act of another character essentially forcing or subtly manipulate the protagonists girlfriend/boyfriend/married to commit sexual relationship and try to make them get over main protagonist so they become that another character relationship. Netori is same but main character does it instead.

Rhaps

Xenophobia Incarnate
The usual stuffs, GL, BL, Harem. Though there are some exceptions.

Lack of Common Sense
Its always a hit or miss, usually the protagonist is just stupid and dense. But the fun begins when 'Lack of Common Sense' actually means 'Willfully ignores Common Sense' this is me promoting my story

TheKillingAlice

Schinken
NTR is acronym for Netorase but sometimes it gets mixed with Netori. Netorase is the act of another character essentially forcing or subtly manipulate the protagonists girlfriend/boyfriend/married to commit sexual relationship and try to make them get over you so they become that another character relationship. Netori is same but main character does it instead.
Huh, whut? I'm not sure if I understood that. :sweating_profusely:
So, basically it's about another character making the MCs partner cheat or break up with MC to go to said other character? And there's a Tag for that?

Lynet

Huh, whut? I'm not sure if I understood that. :sweating_profusely:
So, basically it's about another character making the MCs partner cheat or break up with MC to go to said other character? And there's a Tag for that?
Yep, but usually they have relationship and the other character try to break MC relationship.
Theres is a tag, but there is something worse. Not putting that tag in and getting surprised whilst author denies vehemently that is NTR. Unlucky for me who encountered that twice. One few years ago and now this year.

Jemini

Nah. It’s just most stories with those tags are smut, even people who like smut shouldn’t have to read things that make them uncomfortable.

Not to mention, Chinese writers who write smut do so as though they don't even know what a girl is and are just copying from the fictional material they've seen other people write.

I mean, considering the huge demographic shift in China resulting from the one child policy, that might be literally true in many cases.