Which Tags are red flags?

SailusGebel

Not really. It's the writer who are weak when writing this type of content or write bullshit to come to it. Most of the blackmailing in that type of story are shit, if the woman have more than two braincells she escape it easily, and if the man who got ntr have more than 1 point in his fucking ego and balls, he would fucking kill the guys who ntr him.

Those stories make no sense for me, and just left me frustrated cause that wouldn't be possible if either one of the two characters do have what I said.

Oh, and the part that everytime the guy who blackmail and rape the woman are all time forgiven by the woman cause he fuck her hard and she love it.

Sorry, that won't happen in real life, I don't know any woman would will fall in love with the cock of the guy who rape her.

TotallyHuman

find this post particularly interesting because in one place you write both "I hope gender roles go away" and "Gender roles must be an important facet of the MC."
As of now, under current circumstances, gender is an importamt part of a character. In a hundred years when society changes, I hope that gender roles fade.

Succubiome

As of now, under current circumstances, gender is an importamt part of a character. In a hundred years when society changes, I hope that gender roles fade.
Conversely!

If you're writing fantasy or sci-fi or something else otherwise sufficiently removed from the current state of the world, gender roles can just not exist if you want, or be wildly different

TotallyHuman

Conversely!

If you're writing fantasy or sci-fi or something else otherwise sufficiently removed from the current state of the world, gender roles can just not exist if you want, or be wildly different
this is a bit of a delicate question imo. Of course, you can. But your readers are not from a sci-fi/fantasy world so when you present it you'd have to subtly show the difference anyway - or maybe I read into it too much.
@Prince_Azmiran_Myrian it's like 10pm in Texas, go to sleep

Last edited:

Notadate

I won't read BL, GB, and GL. Cheat systems are on the verge of becoming a red flag as well. I think cheat system tag is called "System Administrator" here and on NU.
Agree’d also mechs
For me, it's GL, BL, Futanari. It's not like I homophobic or transphobic, but those genres seems a little bit off for me.
Iam also is futa even n.
I feel the exact same way, except I am transphobic. 😁
shocked
I'm not transphobic I'm Anti trans
I love trains… how could you
Personally it's BL, genderbender, transgender, and ESL writing.
BL is just not for me
Genderbender means you can't write a good character of the opposite gender so you rely on this as a crutch
Anybody that uses the transgender tag I'm 90% sure is writing identity politics
ESL writing/horrible grammar means the writing will be horrible. Don't get me wrong there are some good ones but those are outliers.
ESL?
This thread is making me wonder if I should have even included the transgender and gender bending tags?

If the community feels this way about those tags, then I might be turning people away from the story even though none of the content associated with those tags in this thread is in my story…

My red flags would be: Fanfiction, Harem, Horror, Sports, Tragedy
Then why add them
I resent that. In print, it's libel.

Gb, GL, BL, Smut, Ecchi, fan fiction, School Life, and I guess now transgender.
You forgot mechs
HOLY SHIT, FORGET MY OTHER COMMENTS. ARK IS GETTING A ANIME
-
Finally opinion is Spaggetti/10

Last edited:

QuercusMalus

A bad apple...
Fanfiction, especially if HP, Naruto or One Piece. Harem(or reverse-harem), and martial arts/cultivation.

esThr

Very late to this but for me probably cultivation..
Personally, I just feel like the whole thing is a flawed mess and its insanely hard to make one good

Sylver

*raises hand*

What about Polygamy, is that a red flag?
This is not a good indicator either. At least here on SH when you take into consideration how people treat low ratings.
True, one of the users asks their readers ro rate their story as a one star. I wouldn't assume it's because the story is that bad haha x)

Suczka

it's just, more often than not, stories that have this tag put identity politics first before a good story.
I get you.
I read stories to have a moment of escapism, not to be lectured about real life stuff.

Beside that one, I avoid: Futa, Boys love, all chinese Wuxia cultivation and so on.
And anything that would suggest Overpowered Protagonist (cheat ability, cheat system, ...)
(I used to think that Cultivation stories are about farming. Imagine my confusion)

I used to really like Gender Bender tag. It recent years it has become a problematic topic and a bit of a gamble.
On some sites that I used to visit GB tag was removed to pander to transgender agenda.
On others GB tag was appropriated by authors of trans themed stories. As if they could not use their own Transgender tag.

The reason I migrated to this site is because here GB tag is still used in proper way.

Notadate

Agree’d also mechs

Iam also is futa even n.

shocked

I love trains… how could you

ESL?

Then why add them

You forgot mechs

HOLY SHIT, FORGET MY OTHER COMMENTS. ARK IS GETTING A ANIME
-
Finally opinion is Spaggetti/10
Nm it was shit

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Anything with smut, gender bender, game-style systems, and lemon are all tags that I avoid but there are a few more that I don't like but will still read.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I understand that you can not like the others, but why "lemon"?
Does "lemon" has a hidden meaning I'm not aware of?
Lemon was an old warning on fanfic sites like AO3 and the heydays of Fanfic.com that could mean anything from homoerotic to an in-depth irl suicide but was seen as a warning that evolved into an extreme warning for something people may not like. It is rarely found now but because of the now extreme nature of the warning and the people who used to use it or still know what it means, it's just something I avoid.

GoodPerson

The only active fanfictioners in the forum.

GoodPerson

The only active fanfictioners in the forum.
I don't hate them, I just don't read them.
I prefer to devote my little time to original works.
Ahh... Make sense.

Alright, understandable.
Salute.jpg

I hate them. Cope harder.
Shutyoassup.jpg

Ima cope your ass up with these 9 mils, yo
Also, readers want to see varied events in fanfictions. Different stories must have different plots and ideas.

So... What do you guys wants to happen in MHA?