Why did you start writing?

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Because I ate an entire six-pack of cake frosting and washed it down with a bottle of jolt and woke up in a puddle of my own vomit with a story called adventures in the 5th dimension.

Am I joking?

SkippyForfex

I had always loved reading books and was obsessed with them. But later on as I started to grow, I started to develop very creative imaginations in my head. So I thought why don't I try writing novels? Yeah and I wanted to see if people would enjoy my novels

doravg

106/4001 (bigot towards homophobs)
The first serious thing I wrote was my fanfiction: Breaking the Mold. I was between jobs and needed to fill in the time until my contract started with the job I am currently having. I remember it was my Vampire the Masquerade phase, I was crazy about that game. Not only that, but I read all the books I could get my hands on.

So, I decided to write a fanfiction. I started. I cracked up 5k chapters, something I now know not to do, in a single day. Sometimes even two of them. It was easy, considering I used the Hetalia characters as templates and the lore from the game.

Then, I rushed the ending, my job started, and I didn't start writing again until after the busiest campaign at work ended, which was August last year, I believe.

The second time, I started writing because I was bored. The first, to do something about my excitement, which drove me crazy with all the bottled up energy.

Shard

Keeper of Fluffy Tails
Spent basically my whole life reading absolutely absurd amounts, and creating worlds in my head. Eventually I was inspired to start writing by the work of one of my favorite authors, specifically A Tail's Misfortune by SME. I really liked how the characters and setting interacted, and finally decided maybe I should try writing as well.

Jihn

Your friendly neigh-borhood horsey!
When I was a little foal back in the late 00s, I started to get ideas. I found an app called Flipnote, and I started to make drawings of my characters and post them online. I also started to 'write' stories on my Flipnote and in notebooks, and then I found Wattpad. I started posting there, and then I got bored of it when the forums went away. I didn't get enough feedback, so here I am now. Posting on here, and writing away in Word documents.

kalonphaos

I have a lot of ideas for stuff and I wanted to express them through writing, plus being on here recently and seeing everyone else write makes me inspired to do so as well. I have a lot of second guessing and insecurity issues surrounding my ability to write and the quality of it, but hey I just gotta push forward and try.

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
I started writing b/c of Ghost Hunt and Death Note. Hence, my original stories tend to have a supernatural mystery element in them.

ShrimpShady

I tried to make comics up until middle school. Then I realized my drawing skills were nowhere near good enough to draw the scenes I came up with, so I started going all in on writing and gave up on drawing entirely. Glad I did.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Because if I looked busy sometimes they would forget about me and then I wouldn't get the belt.

Jet

Reading Martin Eden as a 7th grader was a rather life-defining experience for me. I'd been trying to write stuff ever since many years before that too ofc, but those were endeavours light-hearted and of passing nature.

Last edited: