Why do most Jp and Kr (and some Cn) Mcs look the same

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
:s_eek::s_eek::s_eek::s_eek:

I dishonored a raid boss?

....hey buddy....we cool right? That seppuku thing....was a good joke huh? ....right? ...haha
"Your up against a wall and I am the fucking wall!"

I make Darkeater Midir look like a Super Mario boss fight.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 54065

My MC changed from this...(Volume 5)

228924894_2638412219797449_7675598734448104406_n.jpg
To this...
Saint_Series_Online_Cover_8.jpg
To this...
228252170_2633389326966405_3871883242281062981_n-1.jpg
Then he returned to his original appearance. (Volumes 10-11)
255354408_2700294173609253_6759273221954165615_n.jpg

Kenjona

Doubt they are importing North Koreans so this is still only vaguely possible, and hardly even that.
Just an FYI, North and South have been Transient for generations, and the Japanese during WWII really moved a lot of the population around. The Korean War also caused huge movements in population.

SilvCrimBlac

A Historical Bastard
Just an FYI, North and South have been Transient for generations, and the Japanese during WWII really moved a lot of the population around. The Korean War also caused huge movements in population.
During WW2, most of the population movements for Koreans were into Manchukuo for labor, the Chinese puppet-state in North China/Mongolia for the Japanese. Before that, there was no movements. Joseon Korea's society was still very feudalized until the early 1900's like Europe's Middle Ages which had very little migration especially since it was a much smaller area and far more homogenous. And right after WW2, the Korean War stopped most travel. The only people moving now are Northern defectors and their population is pitifully small. So going to have to disagree.

Last edited:

Kenjona

During WW2, most of the population movements for Koreans were into Manchukuo for labor, the Chinese puppet-state in North China/Mongolia for the Japanese. Before that, there was no movements. Joseon Korea's society was still very feudalized until the early 1900's like Europe's Middle Ages which had very little migration especially since it was a much smaller area and far more homogenous. And right after WW2, the Korean War stopped most travel. The only people moving now are Northern defectors and their population is pitifully small. So going to have to disagree.
"Though estimates vary widely, approximately 900,000 North Koreans, or 10 percent of North Korea's population, migrated to the South between 1945 and 1953. This period is divided into two parts: liberation after Japanese colonialism (August 15, 1945 to June 25, 1950) and the Korean War (June 25, 1950 to July 27, 1953). The 900,000 estimate does not include South Koreans who returned to the South from North Korea or Manchuria during the liberation period, or POWs who moved following the armistice agreement."
I lived in Korea, had some of its History knocked into me, surprising what sticks in your head after decades. Makes it easier to google things I think I remember. :)
"The Democratic People's Republic of Korea, or the DPRK, adheres to a strict Stalinist pattern of zero tolerance towards overseas migration. However, after the Korean War, North Korean defectors began to try and escape to South Korea in search of a better life. Before the start of the Korean War, the number of migrators between the North and the South was between 456,000 and 829,000. Through the years 1950-1953, an estimated 400,000-650,000 people migrated. Between 1945-1953, about 10 percent of the population left the North, but these numbers dramatically decreased after the war was over.[6]"

SilvCrimBlac

A Historical Bastard
"Though estimates vary widely, approximately 900,000 North Koreans, or 10 percent of North Korea's population, migrated to the South between 1945 and 1953. This period is divided into two parts: liberation after Japanese colonialism (August 15, 1945 to June 25, 1950) and the Korean War (June 25, 1950 to July 27, 1953). The 900,000 estimate does not include South Koreans who returned to the South from North Korea or Manchuria during the liberation period, or POWs who moved following the armistice agreement."
I lived in Korea, had some of its History knocked into me, surprising what sticks in your head after decades. Makes it easier to google things I think I remember. :)
"The Democratic People's Republic of Korea, or the DPRK, adheres to a strict Stalinist pattern of zero tolerance towards overseas migration. However, after the Korean War, North Korean defectors began to try and escape to South Korea in search of a better life. Before the start of the Korean War, the number of migrators between the North and the South was between 456,000 and 829,000. Through the years 1950-1953, an estimated 400,000-650,000 people migrated. Between 1945-1953, about 10 percent of the population left the North, but these numbers dramatically decreased after the war was over.[6]"
Oh well. I was still right until WW2. And I still won't be convinced that enough Genghis Khan heritage has been passed down and is now in Japan (the original point) due to very few Mongols having any incentive to migrate to anywhere but China. Also because Korea was never especially welcoming of Mongol migrants despite the "younger brother" relationship Kublai Khan supposedly claimed to have with the Korean king. I would also argue that since so many North Koreans migrated back south according to that article, they would have mixed with South Koreans again which has virtually no Mongol blood, meaning they themselves would have bred any of it out over the generations. Thus when moving to Japan and mixing with them, there literally should be no Mongol heritage at all.

My historical knowledge ends after the Middle Ages anyway. Studied Ancient-Medieval East Asian History (Jap, Kor,Chi) So I start losing accuracy in China when Ming falls, in Japan when Tokugawa Shogunate begins, and in parts of Joseon Korea.

Last edited:

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
My MC changed from this...(Volume 5)

To this...
To this...
Then he returned to his original appearance. (Volumes 10-11)
The dude just looks like a typical dude trying out a look with facial hair and then say "fuck it".

To be honest, the first and last makes him look like your typical and fresh japanese salaryman, the second one is like he has become a senior and laidback while the last one kinda looks like way too much project backlog and he's done with too much shit.

SilvCrimBlac

A Historical Bastard
@Kenjona @Deeprotsorcerer

Ah, I guess I really need to stop getting into debates when it comes to more recent history and stick to what I know, being (Ancient - Medieval East Asia). Just found this article, an article for tourism between Mongolia and South Korea. There was a recent DNA study that I remember reading in school, about how the majority of the Mongolian population still shares some genetic linkage to Genghis Khan. I was wrong. My bad.

Quite a sizeable Mongolian diaspora in South Korea and a smaller but still notable migrant population of South Koreans in Mongolia as of today.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 54065

The dude just looks like a typical dude trying out a look with facial hair and then say "fuck it".

To be honest, the first and last makes him look like your typical and fresh japanese salaryman, the second one is like he has become a senior and laidback while the last one kinda looks like way too much project backlog and he's done with too much shit.
Well, in the story, he has seen and experienced too much shit. 😉

SilvCrimBlac

A Historical Bastard
Well, in the story, he has seen and experienced too much shit. 😉
I tried to read that story, but I couldn't get over the poor treatment MC received from the Goddess's maids. I know that this is written from a more Eastern culture, but being Western, this wouldn't have been tolerated in our culture. I still recognize the differences in our social approaches and cultural behaviors however so I avoided making a rage review XD. Noticed a few of those unhappy reviews at some point in the past where people were complaining about the MC's treatment by women and his lack of response to it. I wanted to point out the potential possibilities for why it was this way but didn't think it would matter.

D

Deleted member 54065

I tried to read that story, but I couldn't get over the poor treatment MC received from the Goddess's maids. I know that this is written from a more Eastern culture, but being Western, this wouldn't have been tolerated in our culture. I still recognize the differences in our social approaches and culture behaviors however so I avoided making a rage review XD
True, and I fully understand the sentiment.

Our culture has taught us to be patient with kids, including obnoxious ones, for the sole reason that they are...well, kids.

Same goes for the ladies, though newer generations are starting to hop into the equality stuff.

We just stay away from the kids nowadays.

SilvCrimBlac

A Historical Bastard
Our culture has taught us to be patient with kids, including obnoxious ones, for the sole reason that they are...well, kids.
Yeah, in the west, it was spank 'em until they shut up. Now its to declare that they have ADD/ADHD and dope 'em until they shut up.

D

Deleted member 54065

Yeah, in the west, it was spank 'em until they shut up. Now its to declare that they have ADD/ADHD and dope 'em until they shut up.
Well, in our culture, we' re hands off unless we're relatives.

If we are the relatives, then by all means, we have all the rights to spank them. That's why there are some memes about SEA peeps and slippers. 😂

SilvCrimBlac

A Historical Bastard
Well, in our culture, we' re hands off unless we're relatives.

If we are the relatives, then by all means, we have all the rights to spank them.
Allowing the principal to spank unruly students was still implemented in areas of the U.S. until the late 90's. It fizzled out in the more urban areas of the country in the late 70's and early 80's but it continued in the more rural areas for another decade or two. Now it's just to dope them like I mentioned.
It’s either the cliche look or it looks like this
View attachment 11707
Where the hair is not actually possible
I wanted Vegeta's hair when I was younger. Than I wanted Goku's. Then came to terms with the amount of hair gel and hair spray needed making my goals unattainable. Would still wear Vegeta's if I wasn't afraid of the expenses needed to obtain and maintain it.

D

Deleted member 54065

Allowing the principal to spank unruly students was still implemented in areas of the U.S. until the late 90's. It fizzled out in the more urban areas of the country in the late 70's and early 80's but it continued in the more rural areas for another decade or two. Now it's just to dope them like I mentioned.
Hmm...as a teacher, I can confirm that we still had the corporal punishment until the early 2000s. (I was still a student then)

When I taught in a public school, our usual discipline for unruly behavior is to either send the kid outside classroom, or we'd walk out of the classroom (rare, but it happens). A few co-workers of mine would shout to oblivion.

Our class size is around 80 to 100 students per section. And we teach 4-5 sections per day.

Filipino students still have the fear of authority, so it's still possible.

SilvCrimBlac

A Historical Bastard
Hmm...as a teacher, I can confirm that we still had the corporal punishment until the early 2000s. (I was still a student then)

When I taught in a public school, our usual discipline for unruly behavior is to either send the kid outside classroom, or we'd walk out of the classroom (rare, but it happens). A few co-workers of mine would shout to oblivion.

Our class size is around 80 to 100 students per section. And we teach 4-5 sections per day.

Filipino students still have the fear of authority, so it's still possible.
80 to 100 per class? Fuuuuuck. In the U.S., High Schools are considered overpopulated if its 40 students per class hour. In uni classes though, it can be 300-400 students per class hour so 80 to 100 would actually be an improvement in many of the larger Universities.