Worst thing you’ve done to a character because “it was going too well”

ArchlordZero

Stage 4 Cancer Shitposter
Mine was the antagonist. He became the king of the empire who NTRed the mc's girlfriend, had a daughter, had some of the most powerful knights in his kingdom and led a superweapon to control the world.

But with MC's revenge, his infant child was killed, his queen (mc's ex-gf) got burned to death, his knights betrayed him, and he got tortured by mc (he has to hopelessly run around inside an airship in a game of cat and mouse, cut off his tongue and fingers when he got caught, and he had to dig up his own grave)

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I gave them magic powers, and then they angered a goddess with those magic powers and got cursed.

Rhaps

Master of Nightmare
My MC is going to get a boyfriend, and I'll murder him :)

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
If ReCreators were a real thing... Most authors here would be in the evening news already.

CrimsonGenius

Riding the Thunder
Death has to have meaning. Killing someone has to have an impact. At one time, I did consider a horrendous act upon one of female MC's, but decided against it.

Major2501

I hate killing characters off "just because" or because I wanna chuck a twist in. I'd rather have my characters go through massive inconveniences. 😆 Either that or something that just flips their world upside down, obviously to bring out a certain/hidden aspect to said character instead of going "he ded." 😐

J_Chemist

Killed most of his friends and his technically first love interest.

John_Owl

The one with fluffy wings
I've got a few. an earlier story that I'll never share, I introduced a new character that killed MC's brother-in-law (who was my favorite character, and beloved by everyone) over a misunderstanding. then forced the MC and his wife to work with BIL's killers.

that's probably the worst one I've done. I didn't continue the story for long after that.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
It depends on the character. The majority of my old stories things weren't going well for the MC, but my crimes against MC's are as follows: I killed one of my MC's parents (cliche? sure). I killed another MC's grandma, and sent her to a world that hated her for existing. I gave an MC insatiable Envy, and had her kill other people to sate it. That one slowly gained parts of herself the more she killed. Once she was able to feel remorse, I slowly increased the suffering.

Kamelingil

Multiversal Author
Idk, I only murdered a character once and my MC just rewritten my novel and made him alive again even though it was canonically supposed to die :/

He can even break the fourth wall just to beat the shot out of me for trying to murder his best friend