Would you agree to be the prince(ss)'s dragon mount? (Poll)

What would the probability of survival need to be for you to agree to becoming a dragon?

• 100% - I would only agree if survival was guaranteed

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 99%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 95%

• 90%

• 80%

• 75%

• 66%

• 50% - I would agree if there was a 50% chance of survival

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • 33%

• 25%

• 20%

• 10%

• 5%

• 1%

• 0% - I would agree even if I was guaranteed to die

• I would never agree to become the prince(ss)'s dragon

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I'm unsure

• I do not wish to respond

• Total voters

minacia

perpetually sour
:sweat_smile:

One day you wake up and find yourself in a fantasy universe. The prince(ss) is the first person you meet, and they explain that they summoned you.
Specifically, they are summoning Otherworlders to turn into dragon mounts, because this is apparently the only method to make dragons (in this universe, dragon's don't naturally reproduce and are transformed from otherworldly beings). The method to transform an Otherworlder into a dragon is to undergo a magic ritual contract that involves the mount swearing eternal loyalty to the rider.
The prince(ss) is at war, and they are trying to save their kingdom. Previously, the prince(ss) already summoned five dragons, but they all died in battle. If you agree, you would be their sixth dragon, and they hope that you would be better than all the previous ones...
As a dragon, obviously, you would have incredible powers.
That said, war in this universe is very dangerous, and every faction has mega-ultra-scale destructive abilities that can easily blow up entire cities. Consequently, even though you are a dragon, the opposite side has weapons that are equally as a deadly as you, so consequently you will risk your life in every battle. The prince(ss) is totally desperate, so they beg you to help them out. If you manage to win the war and survive, the prince(ss) promises to give you almost anything you desire, within their power.
If you refuse...
Well, it's impossible to send you back to your original world, so the prince(ss) will just dump you somewhere in their kingdom to be an ordinary powerless civilian. Since everyone in this universe seems 10X stronger than you (even the peasants are about as a strong as a troll), you would be incredibly weak/vulnerable/useless compared to everyone else. Given that a crazy nuclear war is going on, it might be tough to survive as a regular human, but perhaps it is safer that way...
1. Would you agree to be the prince(ss)'s dragon mount? Why or why not?

2. What would the probability of success need to be before you agreed?

3. Would you approach this situation differently if the prince(ss) said they previously summoned 41 dragons and they all died?

4. Suppose that after summoning you, the prince(ss) immediately decides to summon 11 more dragons because obviously 12 dragons is more firepower than just one. How would you feel? What if you discovered that the prince(ss) had the ability to summon unlimited numbers of dragons? What would you do if the prince(ss) started treated some of the dragons like they were disposable pawns? (note: you can't disobey the prince(ss) because of the magic contract)

5. Suppose that you begin to notice that the prince(ss) is sending the dragons they don't like as much on 'suicide' missions. Would you try your best to appeal the prince(ss) and get on their good side so they don't kill you off? Is there any better way to handle this situation?

6. Suppose that after many difficult battles, your faction eventually wins the war. At that point, there are 317 surviving dragons in addition to you. All of the dragons are the same gender as you because the prince(ss) really *likes* dragons, and the prince(ss) suggests having an enormous harem involving all of you... :sweat_smile:
:sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: Could you accept this outcome...? Anyways, what would you ask the prince(ss) for now that your side won?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Well, if you don't mind sloppy... three hundreds? Would there even be anything left of the princess after that point?

Milk.Milkan

Me Milk, me smart.
1. Would you agree to be the prince(ss)'s dragon mount? Why or why not?

2. What would the probability of success need to be before you agreed?

3. Would you approach this situation differently if the prince(ss) said they previously summoned 41 dragons and they all died?

4. Suppose that after summoning you, the prince(ss) immediately decides to summon 11 more dragons because obviously 12 dragons is more firepower than just one. How would you feel? What if you discovered that the prince(ss) had the ability to summon unlimited numbers of dragons? What would you do if the prince(ss) started treated some of the dragons like they were disposable pawns? (note: you can't disobey the prince(ss) because of the magic contract)

5. Suppose that you begin to notice that the prince(ss) is sending the dragons they don't like as much on 'suicide' missions. Would you try your best to appeal the prince(ss) and get on their good side so they don't kill you off? Is there any better way to handle this situation?

6. Suppose that after many difficult battles, your faction eventually wins the war. At that point, there are 317 surviving dragons in addition to you. All of the dragons are the same gender as you because the prince(ss) really *likes* dragons, and the prince(ss) suggests having an enormous harem involving all of you... :sweat_smile:
:sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: Could you accept this outcome...? Anyways, what would you ask the prince(ss) for now that your side won?
1. Sure i guess. Yolo.

2. Success of winning the war or what? But anyway as i cant go back and be just dumped naked and powerless the choice is obvious, no probabilities needed.

3. Nah, as dere is no approach just think about it ffs. At least princess no died herself so i guess she has more combat capabilities dan dat 41 moron who cant even be ridden normally. Ill do better. Ill try to do better at least.

4. Eeh, u summoned me first so ride me first. If me die dan do whatever, firepower sure is good but it would be better to consider it BEFORE U KILLED 41 OTHER DRAGON ONE BY ONE DUDE WHAT DE FUCK.

5. Eeh, u sure lost your story logic here a bit. At first it was "you summoned as a dragon to be a mount for the princess" as the 1st question implied but then there is "other dragons was sent to suicide missions" so dey did it with their riders, arent dey? Dan maybe riders r in fault after all? But anyway i got ma eternal loyalty to the princess and as me her pet already i no need to extra appeal as i do good as i do.

6. Eeh...? Harem concept is rather stupid especially from the harem member perspective so nah. Me dragon me helped win da war so feed me love me wash my back. Or send someone to do so, me sleep.

Milk.Milkan

Me Milk, me smart.
Also why the hell do i try to give out a serious answer to all of your strange pull question anyway?

Also why the hell do i try to give out a serious answer to all of your strange poll question anyway?
The fun thing about this IS to have thought out answers! To suspend any disbelieve and are fully committed to the logic set before you!

It's an exercise in one's creativity, imagination and ability to rationalise systems, logic, rules and worldbuilding. I always see as a way to embrace one's ability to visualise a fictional world/situation.

That is how I answer them... or try to...

TRNRLogan

Nah. After 5 dragons the problem is the rider. Plus fuck them. Dragging to their shithole of a world and not having the decency to give me anything if i refused their request.